• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Rise of the Tomb Raider' Concept Art

It was posted in the other thread (thanks to jbttwin), but I thought they were interesting enough to post on their own:

7cb4ah4.jpg

a1PZrKw.jpg

eBjWhqK.jpg

I wonder what we can figure out about the location from this and the trailer. Grizzly bear and cold, snowy mountains make me think somewhere in North America. Don't recognize the architecture though, unless it's a totally new lost civilization (in the Nihanni Valley, perhaps...).

Jb

Good that they're keeping the bow as the franchise's signature weapon. The guns never felt great to use in the reboot.

Harlequin

Architecture in the last of these concept art pieces, as well as at the end of the trailer, looks Byzantine. Not sure if there were any places that had Byzantine architecture with that amount of snow and ice around, though.

Vuze

Looking forward to it, I kinda liked Tomb Raider 2013. Did some parts better than Uncharted (and others worse) imo.

Com_Raven

Didn't the final cutscene of Tomb Raider mention Roanoke and the lost colony? I hope they actually do something with that in Rise :)

Architecture in the last of these concept art pieces, as well as at the end of the trailer, looks Byzantine. Not sure if there were any places that had Byzantine architecture with that amount of snow and ice around, though.

I don't think so, unless some Byzantines migrated way up into Northern Russia or somehow crossed the ocean.

Didn't the final cutscene of Tomb Raider mention Roanoke and the lost colony? I hope they actually do something with that in Rise :)

Oh right! Completely forgot about Roanoke. I suppose Roanoke could be involved.

Harlequin

I don't think so, unless some Byzantines migrated way up into Northern Russia or somehow crossed the ocean.

Well, they had Norse ruins in the Mediterranean Sea in TRU so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case in RotTR. Either way, I hope they won't have too many locations. Best case scenario would've been just one like in the first game but now that they've said it's a "globe-trotting" adventure, I hope it won't be more than three.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Looks cool, though I hope the gameplay isn't so hopelessly shallow this time around. First one was an okay little romp but the "modern game checklist" got so damn grating. Also, I hope the first artwork is of a scene right before she gets a jacket, 'cause fighting in a tank top in a blizzard is dumb. :p
It was posted in the other thread (thanks to jbttwin), but I thought they were interesting enough to post on their own:

7cb4ah4.jpg

a1PZrKw.jpg

the_last_of_us_by_tiger1313-d6azrxs.jpg

Ellie_Bow_Winter.jpg

Surely I can't be the only one who saw it? >_>

wapplew

Looks cool, though I hope the gameplay isn't so hopelessly shallow this time around. First one was an okay little romp but the "modern game checklist" got so damn grating. Also, I hope the first artwork is of a scene right before she gets a jacket, 'cause fighting in a tank top in a blizzard is dumb. :p

Ellie_Bow_Winter.jpg

I'm about to type it.

Five

Banned
Did she get shipwrecked again? Otherwise I don't get the inappropriate winter clothes in that first shot.

Maybe she was wearing a bear skin, and the bear's like "Dude, not cool", so she takes it off and the bear's still like "Nah, man, we gonna fight!"

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Did she get shipwrecked again? Otherwise I don't get the inappropriate winter clothes in that first shot.

Maybe she was wearing a bear skin, and the bear's like "Dude, not cool", so she takes it off and the bear's still like "Nah, man, we gonna fight!"
Speaking of inappropriate outfits for the setting...
image.php

:p

Ellie_Bow_Winter.jpg

First thing I though too.

Spazznid

The first one was amazing, if a little shallow. All the hate it gets is unwarranted, IMO. It's not like the other Tomb Raiders, and people seem to count "Different" as "Negative". There were flaws, but they weren't as bad as people made them out to be.

Can't wait for the new one. Also, dat short hair, HNGGG.

a1PZrKw.jpg

I really like this one, might use it as a background. And agreed, she's definitely channeling Winter Ellie here, too. I'll be getting the artbook for this when it comes out for sure.

Ellie_Bow_Winter.jpg

assassins-creed-3-leaked-screenshots-oxcgn-3.jpg

So much for originality...

Top Bottom