• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider in the Ukrainian Windows Store: 234UAH (~9,11USD)

DonMigs85

Thanks OP! I just bought the game from the Ukraine store using my Philippine credit card. It'll take me eons to download on my 2mbps connection though, but dayum this is cheap.

legend166

I'm generally hugely in favour of globalisation of markets, but there's always been something off about people from prosperous Western countries taking advantage of extremely low prices in developing countries that are low because of the significant difference in economic conditions between (in this example) the US and Ukraine.

DonMigs85

Same exact thing I did. Thanks GAF.

Can I change the directory path for the game? My C Drive is stuffed.

I don't believe so because of the way Microsoft Store apps/universal apps work - they keep the installation files hidden away to simplify the process of installing/uninstalling and for security.

Same exact thing I did. Thanks GAF.

Can I change the directory path for the game? My C Drive is stuffed.

I don't believe so because of the way Microsoft Store apps/universal apps work - they keep the installation files hidden away to simplify the process of installing/uninstalling and for security.

I think you can, here's a link, i skimmed it but it seems legit

of course i assumed you couldn't so i spent a good 30 minutes fucking with windows til it let me clear out my windows.old folder from my c drive. 21 gigs on my ssd wasted for almost a year because I didn't even realize it was there...

use Disc Cleanup, fellas.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I'm generally hugely in favour of globalisation of markets, but there's always been something off about people from prosperous Western countries taking advantage of extremely low prices in developing countries that are low because of the significant difference in economic conditions between (in this example) the US and Ukraine.
Have you ever went to a discount store (Like Poundland in the UK), guess where some of the products come from.

Last week I bought some Colgate Total from there. Guess where it came from? South Africa. Same product as the UK one, just cheaper. Paralell importing exists, well everywhere. Half of the time products are made in the same place and have different labels.

Hell, if you think that's bad enough, anyone who buys exclusively genuine parts (especially consumables like Filters, oil etc) for their cars are in for a big shock.

Lanf

I think you can, here's a link, i skimmed it but it seems legit

of course i assumed you couldn't so i spent a good 30 minutes fucking with windows til it let me clear out my windows.old folder from my c drive. 21 gigs on my ssd wasted for almost a year because I didn't even realize it was there...

This works, but be sure to do it before you download. Changing downloaded apps is a pain.

Anyway, thx OP! Was not planning to get this anytime soon, but couldn't resist :) All I had to do was put in a Ukrainian postal code, rest doesn't matter it seems. Download takes ages though, feels like it's actually routing the download via Ukraine.

The download doesn't start for me. :/

give it a minute or 10 or an hour or whatever. the progress bar appears to only update in .5gb intervals after the first .1gb. at least on my computer. and i'm pretty sure their server is being taxed because i'm at 9gb when i should be done by now.

i left my computer in 'ukraine' because at first i thought the download wouldn't continue if i switched back to 'us' but i'm pretty sure that's not the case, i'm just playin it safe because i'm tired and i don't wanna babysit this thing. goodnight yall and godspeed

Ruff

Can anyone help me on why Windows store it's greyed out and says "To use this upp please update to the newest version of windows"? It is the newest version as far as i know, no updates in the control panel.

dakun

Can anyone help me on why Windows store it's greyed out and says "To use this upp please update to the newest version of windows"? It is the newest version as far as i know, no updates in the control panel.

go to the Windows Update menu.. even though i had put it to automatic updates when i installed windows i just noticed that it didn't update my computer since November. So i did it manually by just clicking restart now.

Damn. I uninstalled and changed pathway but now I can't reinstall it through the appstore as it seems to think it's still installed.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So what's the worst that could happen here? Microsoft removes the game from your account?

That's an amazing price but...I want a Steam overlay for Steam controller support.

Oh well.

You can add a shortcut to any executable in Steam to get the Overlay.

Edit: Oh, wasn't aware controller support wasn't in for games not on Steam yet. Nvm then. Does say that support is coming in the next Steam Beta client, has said so since December, so maybe it's already in? Try adding a shortcut and see

That's an amazing price but...I want a Steam overlay for Steam controller support.

Oh well.

you can access the app folder by navigating to whichever drive you install apps to. in the program files (NOT 86) folder, there should be a hidden folder called 'windowsapps', give yourself permissions to view it (google this) and you should be able to navigate to the Tomb Raider folder and add the executable as a non-steam game to your steam library. i'm just guessing, i might be full of shit, but i figure it should work.

Edit: Oh, wasn't aware controller support wasn't in for games not on Steam yet. Nvm then

you can use the steam controller with non-steam games added to your library. it's how i control my desktop when i steam stream windows explorer to my tablet :)

programs on the windows 10 store don't use executables.

:(((

mind-boggling. will verify myself in the morning.

The problem is people in here are claiming that overlays don't work for Win10 versions. The controller works fine for non-Steam games, but the overlay has to work if I want xinput to work.

weeeeird.

idk, this is steam sale level pricepoint, i think i could live without steam controller support, personally. but to each his own

Ruff

go to the Windows Update menu.. even though i had put it to automatic updates when i installed windows i just noticed that it didn't update my computer since November. So i did it manually by just clicking restart now.

Yeah I'm clicking Search for updates and it doesn't find anything new :/

Mechazawa

So what's the worst that could happen here? Microsoft removes the game from your account?

You can add a shortcut to any executable in Steam to get the Overlay.

Edit: Oh, wasn't aware controller support wasn't in for games not on Steam yet. Nvm then

you can access the app folder by navigating to whichever drive you install apps to. in the program files (86) folder, there should be a hidden folder called 'windowsapps', give yourself permissions to view it (google this) and you should be able to navigate to the Tomb Raider folder and add the executable as a non-steam game to your steam library. i'm just guessing, i might be full of shit, but i figure it should work.

The problem is people in here are claiming that overlays don't work for Win10 versions. The controller works fine for non-Steam games, but the overlay has to work if I want xinput to work.

jrush64

Banned
I bought it. I'm still playing the game on Xbox so I don't know why I bought it. lol. I'm trying to remove my card from Windows Store but it's not letting me.

Bl@de

Worked like a charm. Does the game automatically appear in the Xbox app? Don't know shit about the W10 store, but for 8,50€ I'll give it a chance. Download is extremly slow though

jmga

programs on the windows 10 store don't use executables.

Of course they do, they are just pretty hidden, You have to modify permissions in order to see them, but I managed to find Fable Legends files.

So being faster, lighter, and smaller than Windows 7 and 8 makes 10 "full of bloatware"? K
No.

W10 is full of bloatware despite being faster, lighter and all of that.

Top Bottom