• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider in the Ukrainian Windows Store: 234UAH (~9,11USD)

217403_uk.jpg

Bug or not, this is best buy.

Rise of the Tomb Raider in the Ukrainian Windows Store: 234UAH (~9,11USD)

edit:

In the indian Store: 889 INR (~13,1 USD)

ONLY Windows 10 PC version!! (KB3118754 update is necessary. Build 1511) NO STEAM KEY!

step by step process for windows 10:

step 1: make sure you have at least 30 gigs of free space on your C drive, or have changed your windows settings to save apps to your preferred drive (google this). also, make sure you don't have any pending major windows updates, or the windows store will force you to install them first.

step 2: hit the windows key to bring up the start bar, and type 'region', click 'region and language settings'

step 3: make your region ukraine or india depending on the country you've chosen

step 4: click the corresponding link in the op to the deal that you want

step 5: buy it and use your card with all the proper billing details EXCEPT region, which will default to ukraine/india, don't worry, that's okay (afaik)

step 6: enjoy your slow as molasses download

LewieP

I don't think it's worth moving to Ukraine or India just to get a cheap game.

Edit: they don't actually seem to sell it in my region so I don't know what would happen if I tried to buy it.

Edit2: Wait found it they just charge me in USD.

Works fine. I did this during the recent 99c sale, swapping back and forth between regions and you can use all apps/games fine on your account no matter what region you leave your PC in.

For those wondering on Windows 10 ->PC Settings->Time and Language->Region and Language

Works fine. I did this during the recent 99c sale, swapping back and forth between regions and you can use all apps/fine on your account no matter what region you leave your PC in.

For those wondering on Windows 10 ->PC Settings->Time and Language->Region and Language
Hmm. Maybe I'll actually get Tomb Raider then.

deadman69

Seems like a very minimal effort is required.

As opposed to Steam? Probably can still link it to your Steam Library if you really want the overlay features etc.
I dont believe you can add it to your steam library, you cant for other apps from the win10 store. Theres also no dll injection and many overlays dont work with the windows 10 version.

Lucifon

Whilst this price is awesome the ease certainly isn't. On Xbox they made it much harder to do - but still possible. But this seems far too easy.

Feels like the beginning of the end of my awesome digital prices on XB1 :(

Just got it. Nice. €8 for this is damn nice.

Did you have to add a payment method and set billing country as Ukraine? I'm running into the same issue as others, I have a card on account but it doesn't recognize it.

Edit: Yup just used region as Ukraine when adding my card. Worked fine.

How is Windows Store and all its shit less bloatware than Steam?

I don't think the Windows store is integrated into the game. You don't have to start the store to run the game, for example.

Apart from that, it already comes in Windows, so you don't have to download and install it to have the Store.

How is Windows Store and all its shit less bloatware than Steam?

Well, it is integrated into Windows, I don't even think you can delete it.

And even when I can have plenty of complains about it, it does not seem to be hogging resources or work slow.

I don't think the Windows store is integrated into the game. You don't have to start the store to run the game, for example.

Apart from that, it already comes in Windows, so you don't have to download and install it to have the Store.

Right, and that.

Ruff

For those wondering like I was until i checked out the English verson, You need Windows 10 to buy the game.

kanuuna

Are there any repercussions for using a fake Ukraine address then? Seems that it forces the billing address to Ukraine when you access the Ukraine store.

I've bought some digital stuff from Amazon with a fake address without issues, I don't suppose this should be any different, right?

Plus, this version is multilingual right?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Whilst this price is awesome the ease certainly isn't. On Xbox they made it much harder to do - but still possible. But this seems far too easy.

Feels like the beginning of the end of my awesome digital prices on XB1 :(

On Xbox I just have my console set to my real home country (UK) and then use the web store set to US.

dakun

can't buy it because it's greyed out. Added a new payment method with Ukrainian region, changed W10 region to Ukraine so it showed me the Ukranian store when clicking on the link. But it's still greyed out.

Do you have to put in a real Ukrainian adress?

Alexm92

Wont let me put in a postcode. To anyone who bought this: What address and postcode did you put in?

Nevr mind, I just put in a five digit number and my own address in Ireland and it worked. Downloading now :)

can't buy it because it's greyed out. Added a new payment method with Ukrainian region, changed W10 region to Ukraine so it showed me the Ukranian store when clicking on the link. But it's still greyed out.

I did not need to. I used my real address on my card with only region being different as Ukraine.

scrcrw

I had to log out and back in to my Windows 10 account for the purchase to go through. Downloading now. :) Let's see if the nonsense billing address causes problems later.

fuckin bought, thanks op, you the man now. Now i'm downloading.

very, very slowly. what's up, windows store?

truth is I cannot complain. i was planning on waiting months for this game. not anymore!

step by step process for windows 10:

step 1: make sure you have at least 30 gigs of free space on your C drive, or have changed your windows settings to save apps to your preferred drive. also, make sure you don't have any pending major windows updates, or the windows store will force you to install them first.

step 2: hit the windows key to bring up the start bar, and type 'region', click 'region and language settings'

step 3: make your region ukraine or india depending on the country you've chosen

step 4: click the corresponding link in the op to the deal that you want

step 5: buy it and use your card with all the proper billing details EXCEPT region, which will default to ukraine/india, don't worry, that's okay (afaik)

step 6: enjoy your slow as molasses download. remember to change your region back to wherever the fuck you actually are. i'm waiting until my download is done to do so but you probably don't have to.

went to bed an hour ago and decided to browse gaf quick before slumber. got the fuck outta bed for this. who knows how long it might last.

Top Bottom