• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be bundled with Nvidia GPUs

kuYuri

Email going around in which the next Nvidia promo will include vouchers for Rise of the Tomb Raider, starting January 7th, 2016.

Can't post a source, but the news will definitely hit soon.

EDIT: To clarify, the game will be included with GTX 970, 980, 980 Ti, and notebooks/laptops with 970M or above GPUs.

EDIT 2: Confirmed

8Y4Pgc8.jpg

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-nvidia-geforce-gtx-bundle

Zojirushi

Hopefully this doesn't mean shitty performance for AMD. Last couple of NVIDIA featured games have been fine though if I remember correctly.

Whaaaaaaa

Kezen was right!

But wtf... ROTTR is a TressFX showcase. Hopefully at least this will mean that NVIDIA will have a decent performance profile ready for it at launch.

Kezen

Banned
I'd like to say it's good news but really, I can't.

AMD's sponsored games seem to all have DX12 support, I was really looking forward to AMD's collaboration with Crystal/Nixxes on a game which is already technically very good.

Oh well I hope it will have some good additional tech at least but really DX12 was the major thing I was looking forward to.

Shit.

Akronis

Hopefully this doesn't mean shitty performance for AMD. Last couple of NVIDIA featured games have been fine though if I remember correctly.

They bundled Arkham Knight with NVIDIA GPUs and it was broken as fuck.

Bundled game doesn't mean anything...

rauelius

I need a budget nVidia card to test with, if I can get a GTX950 and have it come bundled with Tom Braider (Redeemable on Steam) I'll hop right on that card.

GHG

Good news. There will be plenty of cheap keys available for this game because of this.

Will let you guys test it for me first though. Not in any rush as I have a feeling I'll be knee deep in Dragons Dogma.

Kezen

Banned
I need a budget nVidia card to test with, if I can get a GTX950 and have it come bundled with Tom Braider (Redeemable on Steam) I'll hop right on that card.
The 950 is not a good GPU if you want to play modern AAA stuff. The leaked promo from South America said 970 and above for ROTTR :
KjYqt5F.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Was going to wait until Dark Souls 3 to upgrade my aging GPU, but seeing as the 970 is dropping in price at a fucking snail's pace and I'm interested in Tomb Raider, it might be time.

Elios83

Ummm I plan to build a new PC early next year and I want to play the new Tomb Raider as well so this is a great promotion to me.
But at the same time, I'd like to hear more about Pascal and the next round of GPUs.

Akronis

That's not a GPU issue.

Arkham Knight PC was fucked at the source.

No kidding, that's why I don't understand why people are moaning and groaning that it's being bundled with NVIDIA. Like that somehow means it's going to perform worse on AMD for that very reason...

Just because the game is bundled with a specific GPU doesn't mean it will favor one side or the other. The game could just be broken for everyone.

I'd like to say it's good news but really, I can't.

AMD's sponsored games seem to all have DX12 support, I was really looking forward to AMD's collaboration with Crystal/Nixxes on a game which is already technically very good.

Oh well I hope it will have some good additional tech at least but really DX12 was the major thing I was looking forward to.

Shit.

Does DX12 actually do anything worth noting yet? I know what the supposed capabilities are, particularly the draw calls, but I've not played any DX12 games yet and from what I've heard the few that support it aren't reaping much of a benefit. I realize my post might sound a bit crappy but for what it's worth I'm actually banking on DX12 being vital in a number of games down the line, just not heard great results yet outside of MS's PR.

Ceebs

Depending on where you bought it you may have luck asking for a Tomb Raider code.

It will be Steam. Wouldn't make any sense to limit the promo only to people with Windows 10

Unless it is Amazon. I purchased my 980ti the Sunday they went on sale, the Batman promo started that Monday. They refused to give me a code. Like the one time I have ever been actually upset with Amazon customer service. It was like talking to a brick wall about this issue with them.

Top Bottom