• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Risen 3 teaser trailer + World premiere May 10th at RPC 2014 (Cologne)

-SD-

Banned
EDIT: RPC gameplay video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=628649977223487

EDIT: Full cinematic trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiZWwFGYJk

Higher quality: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_new_trailer_of_risen_3_titan_lords-15280_en.html

Release date is August 12.

Teaser on the Risen 3 site: http://risen3.deepsilver.com/?q=en/node/168 (no gameplay/in-game footage)

Higher quality from BlimBlim: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_risen_3_titan_lords_teaser-31906_en.html

Here's the Role-Playing Convention bit: http://translate.google.com/transla....deepsilver.com/?q=de%2Fnode%2F175&edit-text=

Google Translate said:
World Premiere for Risen 3 on the Role Play Convention 2014: The Essenes cult developer Piranha Bytes put their new PC game on the RPG Fair on 10th and 11th May in Cologne for the first time publicly before. And it gets even better: At numerous gaming PCs you are allowed to try out Risen 3 and sword swinging explore the island thunder Taranis.

On Taranis the magicians who were mercilessly hunted and exiled by the Inquisition live in their last refuge. In order to become one of them, the player of the Guardian guild can join. There he learns powerful magic and sword fighting to protect the mages.

Risen 3 will be available on the Cologne fair in Hall 5.2 at Stand by Deep Silver. On our 200 square meter area, we are ready to hold additional extras for you.

The exhibition halls are open on Saturday 10th May from 10 am clock bis 20 clock and on Sunday the 11th May from 10 am clock bis 18 clock to visitors. Further information and tickets are available on http://www.rpc-germany.de .

But we would of course not the official Risen 3 website if we had not been a little ace up its sleeve:

We're giving away 5 x 2 tickets for the RPC!

All you have to do this, is, until April 18, 2013 Your favorite memory of a Piranha Bytes game as an e-mail to gewinnspiel@kochmedia.de to send.

Fire away! Power with and delights us!
Our jury will award the top five stories.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Swimming is back. YAY, indeed.

snapshot__21.03.2014_7cjrf.jpg

http://translate.google.com/transla...ntent/schwimmend-die-welt-erkunden&edit-text=
Google Translate said:
The swim - you'd think it was a favorite sport of the role players. Because no means shaped swimming only the body - the character benefited. Not for nothing said the great statesman Woodrow Wilson that only one who sponges once against the current, to feel its true strength would get? Let's talk about swimming in Risen 3

Fans of the Gothic universe of course know about the mythical appeal of the waves and waves. From many comments we know how popular the activity and how painful this has been missed in the Risen games. As is now well known that swimming is celebrating its debut at Risen 3: Titan Lords (insert YAY here).

Swimming is used to explore: How can be achieved, for example, places that seem at first glance to be difficult to access or shortened complicated ways. And this little island off the coast of ... who knows what is hidden in such places? There attract interesting encounters with different characters or the next treasure is already waiting to be lifted.

What is the situation in the concrete sense, the one or the other player may ask. Our adventure begins his swimming strokes automatically when the water falls deeper than 1.80 meters. Likewise, automatically stops the wave when you accordingly again approaches the shore. However, before now breaking out great Channel fantasies, we must advance as a lifeguard Bars: From a water depth of four meters, players will receive a warning that threaten shallows. Ignoring the Floating this warning, it is automatically rejected from a water depth of five meters into the four-meter range.

Also on swim speed was thought: While dignified minds practicing the gentle breaststroke, the SHIFT key changes the adventurer in a crawl forming fitness animal. But then give us not blame you if you run out of breath on the high seas - the lifeguard you can not count anyway.

-SD-

Banned
Swimming is back. YAY, indeed.

snapshot__21.03.2014_7cjrf.jpg

http://translate.google.com/transla...ntent/schwimmend-die-welt-erkunden&edit-text=
Google Translate said:
The swim - you'd think it was a favorite sport of the role players. Because no means shaped swimming only the body - the character benefited. Not for nothing said the great statesman Woodrow Wilson that only one who sponges once against the current, to feel its true strength would get? Let's talk about swimming in Risen 3

Fans of the Gothic universe of course know about the mythical appeal of the waves and waves. From many comments we know how popular the activity and how painful this has been missed in the Risen games. As is now well known that swimming is celebrating its debut at Risen 3: Titan Lords (insert YAY here).

Swimming is used to explore: How can be achieved, for example, places that seem at first glance to be difficult to access or shortened complicated ways. And this little island off the coast of ... who knows what is hidden in such places? There attract interesting encounters with different characters or the next treasure is already waiting to be lifted.

What is the situation in the concrete sense, the one or the other player may ask. Our adventure begins his swimming strokes automatically when the water falls deeper than 1.80 meters. Likewise, automatically stops the wave when you accordingly again approaches the shore. However, before now breaking out great Channel fantasies, we must advance as a lifeguard Bars: From a water depth of four meters, players will receive a warning that threaten shallows. Ignoring the Floating this warning, it is automatically rejected from a water depth of five meters into the four-meter range.

Also on swim speed was thought: While dignified minds practicing the gentle breaststroke, the SHIFT key changes the adventurer in a crawl forming fitness animal. But then give us not blame you if you run out of breath on the high seas - the lifeguard you can not count anyway.

ZoddGutts

If only the combat was better, not going to fun dealing with those enemies with a combat like that. Even the developer was struggling with it. Anyways some info taken from RPGCODEX forums:

-last game of the Risen series
-complete freedom: go where you want from the beginning
-setting: the gods are gone, titans fight each other, the humans try to survive
-new hero
-3 guilds: Mages, Watchers, ???
-hero has lost his soul in a fight with a shadow lord and tries to get it back to avoid getting a henchman of the underworld
-the hero seeks help from the mages
-the mages try to fight the titans by building a reactor with crystals
-the gnomes help mining the crystals
-combat system: blocking, counter-attacks and evade moves are possible
-blocking/dogging doesn't always work
you have to learn fighting strategies for different enemies, build up skills, equip yourself
-Risen3 = best things from Risen & Gothic series
-nonlinear story and exploring, much freedom -> seek your own adventure
-more world interactivity than in earlier games
-swimming and climbing is back
-no monster scaling -> exploring is dangerous
-different climate zones/landscapes
-many interesting/hidden locations to find
-many weapons, items to find
-lure animals to enemies
-adventure with companions
-multiple pathes/solutions to solve quests
-quests to reach locked/blocked areas
-the hero can do some mining
-release date: 15.08.2014

Hammer24

Banned
I really love the Risen series, but I can´t get over the fact they´ll be only supporting lastgen consoles. Doesn´t exactly instill confidence in the PC version as well.

SparkTR

I still have to play the Risen games, I have them just sitting in my Steam library. This might motivate me to do it. Hopefully they give Gothic the send-off it deserved after this.

teiresias

I loved the first Risen, but never played the second due to ho-hum feedback on it compared to the first. Should I play the second before getting into this one when it comes out, or maybe just replay the first through a different faction?

Denton

Seriously what is up with these ugly ass shadow systems? It was ridiculous in Skyrim, it is ridiculous here. I really wish they made this PC next gen only and improved this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I loved the first Risen, but never played the second due to ho-hum feedback on it compared to the first. Should I play the second before getting into this one when it comes out, or maybe just replay the first through a different faction?

Stay away from Risen 2.

and from reading the info about Risen 3 it sound like Risen 2 story was just a useless filler.

Denton

Risen 2 has some flaws (combat is worse, world is more segmented) but it is still very enjoyable pirate adventure. The world is beautiful and I had a lot of fun exploring it. And it did not suffer from the Risen 1 flaw, where second half of the game was a boring dungeon slog.

Top Bottom