• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Risen 3: Titan Lords - 11-minute guided tour into the action RPG

No it was awful, I enjoyed the game overall but the graphics and framerate are amongst the worst on the 360.

Ok then I will stay away. A buddy of mine at work said he enjoyed the second game on the 360, but went in with extremely low expectations. Lol

UNCyrus

Ok then I will stay away. A buddy of mine at work said he enjoyed the second game on the 360, but went in with extremely low expectations. Lol

I will say that Risen 2 console ports were shipped out to be done by other developers, while PB is doing all three SKUs in house themselves this time. There aren't the framerate drops of previous versions because of this.

Vintage

With all the games coming out soon I almost forgot about this one - it's a very pleasant surprise that it releases in 2 weeks. Releasing it now is probably the best timing.

What's with all the hate towards Risen 1? I thought it was fantastic!

Hate? I'm pretty sure almost everyone who actually played it loved it.

Moff

I am playing risen 2 right now.
although I really liked risen 1 (and love the gothic games) risen 2 never appealed to me. I dont like pirate settings in general and the bad reviews didnt help either.

I picked it up at the summer steam sale and funny enough, I really really like it. from the beginning the typical gothic charm is there (piranha games are the only ones I play in german) and thegame itself was okayish, surely not as good was risen 1.
but now after a few hours when the whole game world opens up I really enjoy it a lot, I'll definitely finish it before playing risen 3, and I am looking forward to that one a lot. the videos look pretty good, magic is back and looks awesome. and if they keep the usual piranha charm, the many choices, great pc interaction and the opposing factions, I'm pretty sure risen 3 will be another addition to the already great RPG year 2014.

but I really forgot pretty much everything about the story of risen 1, is there somewhere a summary of the story? the one in the official wiki is by far not deep enough to understand everything.

Really like how a lot of it looked in that video. Only bad thing I can see is how it looks like crafting is handled. Like entire separate screens instead of just being part of the world.

Top Bottom