• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition announced exclusively for PS4

Chobel

So your hoping for the downfall of Xbox?

This kinda stinks, but I'll still check it out when I get a ps4 this fall.

It's over, period. Microsoft lost 3rd party support, and that's the end of their xbone hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for xbone. Microsoft has nothing left, nothing they can reveal in E3 would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in an xbone . Except if they want to play Halo/Gears. Which will also come to PC at some point.

The age of Microsoft is done.

W.S.

It's over, period. Microsoft lost 3rd party support, and that's the end of their xbone hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for xbone. Microsoft has nothing left, nothing they can reveal in E3 would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in an xbone . Except if they want to play Halo/Gears. Which will also come to PC at some point.

But what about the age of Ultron?

KHlover

Banned

The referenceis on the tip of my tongue, but it doesn't want to come out. Can anyone help me figure out what this post references?

Kikujiro

The referenceis on the tip of my tongue, but it doesn't want to come out. Can anyone help me figure out what this post references?

Amirox after the FFXIII multiplatform announcement, that one gave us two classics (S-E shot themselves etc.), which is amusing since the game ended up being a big disappointment.

How much Sony pay this time?

I don't know if you're serious, but you can just look at the XBOne sales in Germany, which is the developer home country, then you add the rest of Europe and you have your answer.

Will buy just to support them

Playing on PC right now and the exploration is amazing - the world looks gorgeous, and actually have a chance in fights early game (let your partner take all the heat) vs Risen 2

Game is surprisingly funny at times too

YUUUPPPP.

I'm still very surprised that this is skipping the Bone. It seems odd to me. Especially with Ubisoft doing the same thing with FC4. Is this gonna start to become a normal thing?

What are you talking about?, FC4 is also for the Xbox ONE, please do not spread lies, FC4CE is a diferent matter

Anyways, Risen 3 is not a good game and not something to get excited about, my post history is not going to change that.

The bolded is the first step that the Gamecube and Wii and WiiU fans went through. *

A game coming out is always preferable to a system. Let's not start this.

* I was one of those Gamecube fans that said it.

So this is out this week. (Banned UK online store) have just posted my copy, so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. I'm very excited. I'll be streaming as much as possible, so look out for me.

I've added some comparison videos that have popped up this week. The first two are PC to PS4. Looks pretty similar, though more washed out in the second video.

Third video shows PS3 to PS4 and the improvement is huge. That's how I played it originally, so like Arcania - I'm expecting a much more playable experience than the original version.

There's no FPS counter in these videos, but it definitely looks smoother on PS4 than PS3. For me as long as it pretty much sticks around 30fps, it will much preferable to the more like 20fps in the PS3 version. Before ya post, 60fps is of course always better.

https://youtu.be/6UpUALxxPXk

https://youtu.be/kjQl3Psdp6w

https://youtu.be/PAi6WWefV_w

Flandy

I've been wanting to play a pirate game recently and don't want to play Assassins Creed.
How's this? Been thinking of picking it up on Steam. Should I get 1, 2, or 3?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've been wanting to play a pirate game recently and don't want to play Assassins Creed.
How's this? Been thinking of picking it up on Steam. Should I get 1, 2, or 3?

Risen 1 is a genuinely great RPG
Risen 2 is a dumpster fire
Risen 3 is a slightly smaller dumpster fire

Will PC owners get the texture upgrades for free? Complete Risen 3 is currently 7.99$ via steam.
I don't think the Enhanced Edition is on the PC, it's PS4 only. The PS4 version is just the PC version at very high settings and with the DLC that you get with the PC complete edition anyway.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I don't think the Enhanced Edition is on the PC, it's PS4 only. The PS4 version is just the PC version at very high settings and with the DLC that you get with the PC complete edition anyway.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's my understanding of it.

Denton

Risen 1 is a genuinely great RPG
Risen 2 is a dumpster fire
Risen 3 is a slightly smaller dumpster fire

Risen 1 is great but last chapter drags (takes place mostly in boring dungeons)
Risen 2 has much worse combat, but exploration is still enjoyable
Risen 3 is better than Risen 2, not as good as Risen 1, but I loved exploring it too. Main thing that pissed me about it was terrible 1 minute ending cutscene. FFS Piranha.

So I've played about an hour on PS4. It looks so much better than the PS3 and is the same old Risen 3 if you like that sorta thing.

Framerate still has the ability to drop lower than I would prefer. The initial ship board fight managed to chug a fair bit, but most early gameplay seems to be sticking around 30, but definitely with some dips. Quite an improvement on the PS3 version, but to be honest I was hoping for a locked 30 and it doesn't quite get there.

dr_rus

Should be on steam soon its on the database

Seems that they've updated all Risen 3 copies as well: Risen 3: Titan Lords: The graphical fidelity has Risen

..now that we have your attention with our terrible pun, today we'd like to announce that, courtesy of a free automatic update for those who already have the game in their library, we're bringing a slew of visual enhancements to Risen 3: Titan Lords for players running the game on a 64-bit Operating System -

- Improved texture resolution for items, objects, foliage, terrain, particle effects, characters, monsters and other in-game models.
- Improved draw distance & viewing ranges
- Larger caches leading to smoother frame-rates & less LOD streaming
- The introduction of new state of the art post-process effects such as bokeh depth of field and HDR bloom
- Addition of a new physically based, more visually realistic cloud rendering technique that adds even more spectacular skies and sunsets to the dynamic day-night cycles.

For those of you yet to own Risen 3: Titan Lords, fear not: if you're running on a 64-bit OS then you'll automatically receive the 64-bit version of the game upon purchase. Due to the fact that the above improvements are only possible through the extra bandwidth switching to 64-bit affords us, those of you running on a 32-bit OS & purchasing the game will receive the original 32-bit version, which will of course update automatically should you ever move to a 64-bit OS at a future point.

In addition any DLCs that you have previously purchased (or may purchase in future) will obviously also function in the 64-bit version and all save games & previously obtained Steam achievements will also transfer from the 32-bit version to 64-bit version.

All the best!
The Risen 3: Titan Lords Team
So yay free upgrade for PC owners.

Very impressive devs to offer that for free and not try to charge via a new steam appid or by simply removing the original release.

Guyclapping.gif

I played a bit the ps4 version, it is better than Risen 2, but R2 is about pirates so....
Didn't play back then the ps3 version.

They need to go back to Gothic, they have again the license no??

Moff

oh wow that sounds terrible. the 2-3 minute loading screens alone would be a deal breaker for me, and the rest is badly optimized as well. sad to read that they botched another port.

They need to go back to Gothic, they have again the license no??

they are starting a new franchise, elex, it was announced in the least few weeks

oh wow that sounds terrible. the 2-3 minute loading screens alone would be a deal breaker for me, and the rest is badly optimized as well. sad to read that they botched another port.

they are starting a new franchise, elex, it was announced in the least few weeks

Didn't know about the new ip, too bad, i really wanted to see a new Gothic done by these guys.

Hope they can make a good Elex first game.

Top Bottom