• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rising Star Games to publish No More Heros in PAL Land (PR)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
PRESS RELEASE: RISING STAR GAMES TO PUBLISH NO MORE HEROES
Press release supplied by Games Press 09:30 (GMT) 29/10/2007

Rising Star Games is pleased to announce that it will publish No More Heroes, the highly anticipated action game by Tokyo-based acclaimed game designer, Goichi Suda, (Suda 51). The project has been developed by Suda 51’s development studio, Grasshopper Manufacture, Inc. and Rising Star Games’ parent company, Marvelous Entertainment. No More Heroes is set to arrive in Europe in February 2008 exclusively for Nintendo Wii.

No More Heroes tells the story of Travis Touchdown, an animé fan who lives in the fictional town of Santa Destroy, California. After an unexpected turn of events, Travis finds himself being approached by the head hunter of an assassins’ organisation. Travis is challenged to prove himself worthy by defeating ten other bloodthirsty killers – all with deep stories of their own – to make his way to the top of the assassins’ league.

“Rising Star Games is very excited to be bringing this latest project from Suda 51 to the European market,” commented Martin Defries, Managing Director, Rising Star Games. “He is without doubt a legendary creative powerhouse within the gaming industry. No More Heroes is shaping up to be a widely anticipated Q1 title for both the trade and consumers alike. It’s a massively engaging and immersive gaming experience for the Wii. This is exactly the right product to broaden the format’s appeal to a wider, more serious gaming audience."

No More Heroes realises the dream of Wii players everywhere as they can wield the Wii Remote to swing the beam katana and perform spectacular wrestling moves. Suda 51’s creation features avant-garde graphics which will thrust players into a stylised world filled with edgier gameplay. Taking its lead from the silver screen, the storyline is riddled with laugh-out-loud violence, black humour and irony-filled dialogue. No More Heroes is a multi-sense video game experience: dark, engaging and pure entertainment!

“With No More Heroes, we wanted to create a game that allows players to be able to jump right in and play,” said Suda 51, president of Grasshopper Manufacture. “The Wii allows us to create an open world where movement and gameplay feel very natural.”

About Rising Star Games:

Rising Star Games Limited is a video games publisher for Sony PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii plus PlayStation 2 in the PAL territory. The firm will be publishing its first Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 titles during 2008. A joint venture between Japanese publisher/developer Marvelous Interactive and long standing Nintendo Nordic distributor Bergsala AB, the company introduces new games alongside enhanced and updated versions of some of interactive entertainment’s most successful franchises.

www.risingstargames.com

About Grasshopper Manufacture:

Widely known for creating and developing Killer 7 for Capcom, Grasshopper Manufacture is a developer based in Tokyo, established in 1998 by award-winning game creator Suda 51. Suda 51 is famous for consistently creating new and original IPs. His vivid imagination inspires and attracts amazing fresh artists from throughout the Japanese entertainment industry. The universes he creates constantly surprise and exceed the expectations of his fans around the world. The development team for No More Heroes is one of the most highly respected teams in Japan in regard to artwork and sound.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Rising Star, I love you, LOTS...

*Marks down Febuary 2008 as the month of fucking awesome*

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Visualante said:
Reality: July 2008

You shut your whore mouth!

Yes, Feb 2008 does seem pretty fast, still, I must keep the faith :)

rakka

pswii60 said:
Who?

EDIT: Just seen their website, not heard of them before. I thought Capcom were publishing this?
ubisoft in NA, marvelous in japan. i don't recall capcom being involved from the beginning (although they did publish killer7...)

Yagharek

Niiiice. Killer 7 came out in February or so (2005?), so too did Katamari, SOTC and many other niche games. It seems to be that time of the year in PAL-land when all the oddities come out.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, Rising Star Games here has a very close relationship with Marvelous as they are they ones who tend to handle all of their Euro releases.

ram

Shard said:
Yea, Rising Star Games here has a very close relationship with Marvelous as they are they ones who tend to handle all of their Euro releases.

in fact, rising star games is the european branch of marvelous ent.

Rezbit

What does this mean for Australia? Dammit, can't England just sell us to the US already? I'm sick of Australia being in half-way mode in regards to tech. That's my little rant.

pswii60

rakka said:
ubisoft in NA, marvelous in japan. i don't recall capcom being involved from the beginning (although they did publish killer7...)

Oh right, for some reason I thought Suda was part of Capcom!

Kazenone

Shiggy said:
This means we won't get it in 2008 :/

Did they already release Harvest Moon Magical Melody? ...

No. It was scheduled for the 19th October, but last month it was put back again.

jesusraz

Android18a said:
Rising Star release some real gems. Didn't they publish Contact on DS here?

Bomberman Land Touch, Contact, Luminous Arc (just released a couple of weeks ago), Ys Strategy, Snowboard Kids, Harvest Moon DS...and they're bringing Bomberman Story out next month and Rune Factory in January 2008. I'm hoping they pick up LUX-Pain (by Killware / MMV) - looks like a very stylish adventure game.

Top Bottom