• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam |OT| I love the smell of napalm in the morning

I haven't had the time to play this game so much since launch but I like it a lot. Getting kills and capture objectives feels rewarding and being able to stay alive for long periods of time is satisfying. It can get really chaotic at times which I love.

If you have the horse power, this game benefits greatly from downsampling. Playing at 1080p you get the option of either blurry FXAA or jaggies everywhere in a game where you're watching for the tiniest movements within a shrubbery. With a GTX1080 I can get a near stable 60 at ultra. High settings seem to introduce other issues for me though such as stuttering and longer load times, plus I'd rather play at low with 144hz anyway.

Even if you have everything set to low it looks so much better when foilege isn't a jittery mess. Overall it can be quite beautiful despite the janky engine. Pop-in is a major detractor though especially with how it can effect gameplay.

(from steam screenshots so they were .jpg at one point...)

Yeah, the game can look incredible. Especially the larger countryside maps. Reminds me a lot of Crysis actually, which is a good thing.

So far I'm not really a fan of what I've seen. I loved RO2 and Rising Storm, but this seems so...clustered. The maps are fairly small and thanks to practically everyone having automatic weapons now, the game has a different momentum. Hope my 2nd impression will be better. Otherwise there's still the criminally underrated "Squad". But that game scratches a different itch.
I'm torn regarding the shift to automatic rifles. On the one hand, RO2 had you manually bolting and getting hits is super satisfying. However the balance often felt like a mixed bag. One bullet could kill but a bad shot with a bolt-rifle would let your opponent take a hit and move on. When everyone is on equal terms it's not so bad, but RO2 had a lot of automatic and semi-automatic weapons in the mix and the basic grunt class had severe disadvantages. With the lethality and realism of the weapons even a MP40 is very effective at range since the user has pin point mouse aim. The inconsistency of the basic class made them frustrating to play, whereas I felt RO had a better flow (that was a looong time ago though).

RS2 feels more "fun" to me as I always have access to a fun class and the limited roles add variation. I rarely feel that camping is a "safe" method in these maps as there always seems to be multiple flanking routes even in the city maps. RPGs, 40mm, and AR wall-banging makes anything but solid rock unreliable. The most effective way to play is flanking and the automatic weapons makes it more deadly than before. I feel that attacking is the most fun and that tells me it's struck a good balance. It doesn't even matter that much if you get stuck with a certain team as both have a solid basic class, unlike RS where only americans had a basic semi.

The smaller maps aren't great to play at 64 players but the servers are adapting to that where you get a lot of 16-32 player servers and the larger ones are ruled by voting.

I've had fun with every Red Orchestra game since the first mod. Rising Storm 2 is the first one I can see myself playing for a long time without getting bored or too frustrated.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Have to admit I was turned off from the beta but I've been having a good time with the final game. It certainly has its issues and is incredibly content bare though (but is a low price).

I've had a bug where the sniper scope just shows a static image rather than what you're looking at making it impossible to use.

I also have a regular bug (I assume it's a bug) where the machine gun style air strike makes an incredibly loud shooting noise in waves as if it's right next to me when it's actually nowhere near me on the map.
thanks for the feedback regarding the sniper scope. Do you see any patterns that lead to the static image or does it seem random to occur?

StayDead

With this, honestly I don't think the Automatic Weapons really help. I think I do way better in RS2 by setting the AK and M16 to manual fire. They still work exactly like rifles in that instance.

Not only that, but the Nagant in this game is insanely nice to use!

Bastables

With this, honestly I don't think the Automatic Weapons really help. I think I do way better in RS2 by setting the AK and M16 to manual fire. They still work exactly like rifles in that instance.

Yeah unless I'm hip firing in buildings and trenches, I find I'm much more effective getting kills on semi auto with double taps. Especially with the AKM, full auto at more than 30 m is horrifically inaccurate.
Again I really like RO/RS modelling of rifle fire punching through walls.

Lower recoil, more ammo, higher rate of fire in semi mode... it has huge advantages! Especially since people tend to move in squads. The nagant is still very fun to use, as is the hunting shotgun, but the superior versatility and effectiveness of a fully automatic rifle is very apparent here as it was in the real life setting. It's rather easy to control the recoil as well. I have it set to semi by default but will switch to full-auto at close range.

owlbeak

Really enjoying this so far. Wish there was another option for AA other than FXAA, but otherwise, the game looks pretty great. My rig handles it set to Ultra @ 1080p and only rarely dips below 60fps when there are a lot of smoke grenades out in a confined space at the same time. I've had good luck always playing games with good squad leaders and commanders working together, and as a result, there have been a lot of games come down to the wire.

The vault mechanic seems pretty buggy, though. Sometimes I'll get the prompt, hit the button and it does the vault animation but doesn't actually go over the obstacle. It's gotten me killed a fair number of times. Also the sound of the helicopter's chainguns (I think?) hitting near you seems to either be really buggy and loud when it plays, or it just plays for no reason sometimes when there's not even a chopper nearby. Haven't quite figured out why that's happening yet or what is causing the sound.

But overall, I'm liking the game as a whole. Wish there were more maps, though!

Really enjoying this so far. Wish there was another option for AA other than FXAA, but otherwise, the game looks pretty great. My rig handles it set to Ultra @ 1080p and only rarely dips below 60fps when there are a lot of smoke grenades out in a confined space at the same time. I've had good luck always playing games with good squad leaders and commanders working together, and as a result, there have been a lot of games come down to the wire.

The vault mechanic seems pretty buggy, though. Sometimes I'll get the prompt, hit the button and it does the vault animation but doesn't actually go over the obstacle. It's gotten me killed a fair number of times. Also the sound of the helicopter's chainguns (I think?) hitting near you seems to either be really buggy and loud when it plays, or it just plays for no reason sometimes when there's not even a chopper nearby. Haven't quite figured out why that's happening yet or what is causing the sound.

But overall, I'm liking the game as a whole. Wish there were more maps, though!

That sound is probably the Spooky, a commander ability. Anyway it's on the list of priorities for the next patch (I hope they can fix the stuttering...)

The following is a list of items we are targeting for the first patch, update 1.01. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that we CANNOT guarantee we will fix these items in this patch and it is subject to change (with both additional fixes or the removal of some), but it is our intent to.

• Prototype rendering system - We briefly talked about this before launch and our engine team has continued to work on this system. We believe we can start fully testing this internally over the next week and if all goes well we hope to include it in the first patch. This system should help move the current performance bottleneck from many computer configurations from their CPU to their GPU.
  • Crash fixes, with the priority on launch crashes
  • Many map collision and geometry fixes. We are trying to fix up as many loose ends here as we can.
  • A condition in which CuChi will not progress past Objective F
  • Black screen that can result while dieing when attempting to leave a helicopter
  • Several weapon animation issues and glitches with specific weapons that have been reported
  • A mantle condition that can cause the player to teleport someplace unexpected (to both them and the other team)
  • Delay in round start after team swap when certain conditions are met
  • Several localization fixes
  • A case where clients and servers can get out of sync
  • Off target napalm strikes
  • Memory leak that could be a major cause of stuttering
  • Vehicle VoIP channel not working properly
  • Spooky gunship attenuation not working properly so it sounds like it is landing next to you
  • Player death screams attenuating too soon making them mostly inaudible
  • And more (and with additional fixes already lining up for 1.02 that we feel won’t make it in time for our 1.01 patch).

Items we would love additional community support in helping us track down:
  • Invalid packet errors - we are trying to figure out why this is happening to some users and looking for points of commonality
  • The memory leak listed above which seems to happen on a combination of high end hardware and potentially some software.
  • Hit Registration

And we are continuing to work on or plan solutions to the following issues:
  • DShK users being partially invisible (and a related crash)
  • Server browser/join improvements (to better reflect that players are already joining the game in front of you and that is why the server is full)
  • And others detailed on the Trello Roadmap[trello.com]

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/1272677720944477966

Lucifon

[TW]Stone;239077107 said:
thanks for the feedback regarding the sniper scope. Do you see any patterns that lead to the static image or does it seem random to occur?

There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I can tell so far. I'm sure there is one, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Adjusting visual settings lower then back up again seems to fix the issue.

SURGEdude

This game is an absolute blast. My only complaint is how ugly it is. But that's a small price to pay for such a great game.

StayDead

Tips for Maps (Both sides)

---

An Lao
Ignore C completely.

Song Be
Ignore D completely.

---

That is all. If you do that you will win every game. I apologise if you get into a game with Komdiv Qikz (Me) and I keep screaming that until everyone listens, but it's the best way to win. I just led an American Team to victory (after a 10 minute victory as VC) and we won by 5000 teampoints by going 2-0.

So is the only point of the radiomen is to stay with the commander? I have commanders that just chill by the radio in the back line the whole time. So I just say fuck it and play it like a grunt.

Hip Hop

Any ideas on how the search browser can stop from flooding my internet?

It knocks me offline completely for like 3 minutes everytime I search for a game.

This is the only series that does this to me. It was the same back in 2012 from when I used to play the previous games and it is still prevalent here.

So is the only point of the radiomen is to stay with the commander? I have commanders that just chill by the radio in the back line the whole time. So I just say fuck it and play it like a grunt.
Yeah that's pretty much it. Essentially in that case you can choose between going grunt with nades or smokes.

And perhaps I'm mistaken, but the Vietnamese commander has a lot more reason to move around the map. His ability to redeploy instantly at any location is very powerful. However I rarely see the US commander move out of spawn.

Given the choice I still go radioman most of the time, smokes feel more useful.
Any ideas on how the search browser can stop from flooding my internet?

It knocks me offline completely for like 3 minutes everytime I search for a game.

This is the only series that does this to me. It was the same back in 2012 from when I used to play the previous games and it is still prevalent here.

This could help?

http://support.tripwireinteractive....ailed-to-join-server--connection-to-host-lost

Yeah that's pretty much it. Essentially in that case you can choose between going grunt with nades or smokes.

And perhaps I'm mistaken, but the Vietnamese commander has a lot more reason to move around the map. His ability to redeploy instantly at any location is very powerful. However I rarely see the US commander move out of spawn.

Given the choice I still go radioman most of the time, smokes feel more useful.

Yeah, smoke is really useful in this game, definitely take it over a frag nade.

Also, sometimes 64 players seems too much for this game. I just got out of a ~40 player match and it was perfect. Not so many deaths and it just seemed to flow better. 64 on some of these maps is just a clusterfuck.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
I really dislike the tiebreaker mechanic. It just feels really unrewarding when you bust your ass to win the second round only for the defeat screen to come up due to a difference in team points
I have passed this feedback along to this team. Thanks!

Tapejara

[TW]Stone;239538959 said:
I have passed this feedback along to this team. Thanks!

If I could make a suggestion; the spawn selection menu/window blocks the text chat, which means if I just died and want to say something in chat I can't see half of what I'm writing. Leads to a lot of weird spelling errors haha (most recently telling someone it was "my fult" and "damn ll").

Loving the game otherwise!

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
If I could make a suggestion; the spawn selection menu/window blocks the text chat, which means if I just died and want to say something in chat I can't see half of what I'm writing. Leads to a lot of weird spelling errors haha (most recently telling someone it was "my fult" and "damn ll").

Loving the game otherwise!
alao passed this feedback along :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I miss that double xp. :(

Yea leveling up feels a little slow, and if they do Double XP again they should make it more noticeable I didn't even know it was on until I saw a Tweet about it. As much as I enjoy the game I don't think I'll ever get close to unlocking most of the items.

Yeah, it's pretty slow going. I have 24 hours played now (five were beta though) and I'm level 18. So I'm doing about a level an hour. However, the xp requirements are only going to increase. I generally can average 500-600 points if I stay for both sides. 18 to 19 is 1335, so that's like two hours of play.

On the bright side it's only cosmetics, but I want cool tats.

StayDead

Radiomen are really good squad leaders because of the smokes. Don't underestimate their usefulness!

The new update sounds great. The toggle option for sprint to prone is definitely a welcome addition.

I found a bug that I'm almost 100% percent sure other players have found, but I'll report it anyways. It seems like if you interrupt the animation when changing ammo types from HE grenade to smoke grenade, the grenade types can sometimes get switched around. For example, instead of having 2 smoke grenades and 6 HE grenades, you'll get six smoke and 2 HE. The model of the grenades gets mixed up as well which has led to some instances of friendly fire while trying to give smoke cover. I've mostly noticed it happening when sprinting before the ammo switch animation finishes and it won't give the text at the bottom about which grenade type was just loaded.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Update 1.01 is out!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/2072067834406779634

The first post launch update is here! This is a required update for clients and servers. The full changelog is as follows:

General Changes & Updates
Gameplay
Changed the way tiebreakers work on Territory mode - now the team which captures the most points will win in a tiebreaker situation, not the team with more points.
Made it vastly easier to pick up dropped weapons
Now by default, sprinting from prone will no longer return the player back to the prone stance when the player stops sprinting. You can change this setting in the gameplay options
Various tweaks to various weapons’ collision, correcting the distance to walls at which certain weapons ‘lower’
Reduced player movement speed while climbing ladders
Reduced friendly fire penalties for commanders
Increased the default pre-round delay from 10 seconds to 30. FYI, this will reset all servers to this new default time.
Various tweaks to the order in which some items are listed in the inventory
Tweaks to mouse sensitivity when using iron sights after adjusting slider values in settings

Maps
Removed one specific tree from the landing zone in An Lao Valley, per a request from reddit user SprayAndPlay. We agree with you, sir!
Added more solid cover to Objective A on Cu Chi
Improved the lighting inside Objective B on Compound
Extended artillery protection zones to cover the entirety of the US spawns on Hill 937

Art
Added a red tunnel preview mesh which displays during the cooldown following the destruction of a spawn tunnel
Improved the mesh for destroyed squad tunnel. Destroyed tunnels will very much look destroyed now
Improved the animations when sprinting with grenades to avoid ‘foot sliding’
Improved the third person animations for sprinting uphill with a sniper rifle equipped
Improved the saturation and readability of the overhead maps
Added an idle pose to the SVD when the magazine is empty, preventing the bolt handle from sliding forward incorrectly
Bullet decals now stay on objects and surfaces on all maps for longer across all graphics settings

GUI
The ‘After Action Report’ has been modified to show separate round end and match end slates. This makes it less confusing on which team exactly won
Enlarged the ‘Change Camera’ text on the spectator view

Audio
Updated the AK single fire sound to more closely match the full auto fire mode
Updated the sound of the Bird Dog recon plane
Improved the attenuation of grenade bounce sounds

Player Vote Kick System
Vote kicking is now default to Team-Only. This means that by default, servers will allow vote kicks only for members of your own team

Bug Fixes
Crashes
The game client will no longer crash when shooting Cobra rockets at a manned Dshk
Fixed several crashes that would occur on game start
Fixed ‘Garbage Collection’ crashes on server travel. This will solve the majority of crashes at map change for all players. As always, please be sure to continue to report crashes as they occur. Please also include your email address in the bugsplat report along with as much detail as to what you were doing right before the crash occurred

Gameplay
Fixed the ‘Sprint-Fire’ exploit/bug
Fixed an exploit where enemies could use DShKs inside spawn protection
Fixed an issue where the Spooky Gunship damage zone could appear desynchronised from where it appeared to be firing
Fixed an issue where U.S. players would sometimes be unable to spawn on Squad Leader
Fixed an issue where shotguns would fire ‘low and to the left’ of their intended target
Fixed an issue where following team swap players would miss initial spawn
Fixed an issue where players could throw grenades from ladders
Fixed an issue where the screen would be permanently red if players left the combat area and then returned back to play
Fixed an issue where the game would hitch momentarily as a player died
Fixed an issue which caused Napalm canisters to occasionally land off-target
Fixed various issues with the role voting system not removing players from the role, or being blocked from re-selecting a role at their death
Fixed an issue where following team swap, there would be a delay before the next round would begin
Fixed a bug prevented the ‘Vehicle’ VOIP channel from working
Fixed grenade animations being skipped when players are prone
Fixed an issue where M79 smoke grenades’ smoke would pass through walls/terrain
Fixed an issue where players could fire the Mosin Nagant before the reload animation ends
Fixed an issue where commanders would receive assist points for Loach Spotting rather than the Loach pilot
Fixed an issue where the ‘constructing tunnel’ animation could be interrupted and then restarted, resulting in multiple tunnel meshes being displayed
Fixed an issue which prevented players from using the scroll wheel on the Huey Door M60 to switch between positions
Fixed an issue where dying with an attempt to leave a helicopter would leave players with a completely dark screen until bringing up the escape menu
Fixed an issue where the RDG1 smoke grenade appeared in the Equipment inventory group rather than the grenade group
Fixed an issue where the ‘Daisy Chain’ achievement would not unlock
Fixed an issue where the XM21’s bayonet would not count towards the ‘5 Bayonet Kills’ achievement
Fixed an issue which caused the ‘Oh Baby, A Double’, achievement, to unlock under incorrect conditions
Fixed an issue where the achievement ‘Help Is On The Way’ would not unlock if players were in the spawn queue on Skirmish
Fixed an issue where squad leaders who were also playing as Marksmen would receive an extra set of binoculars
Fixed an issue where ammo checking with manual bolting would cycle a round in code, but not in animation

Maps
Fixed an exploit on Hue City where NLF players could shoot into US spawn from a rooftop west of Objective C
Fixed an exploit on Cu Chi where players could get onto an unintended rooftop and snipe players approaching Objective C
Fixed an exploit on Song Be where players at objective B could crouch through a tunnel wall and shoot players
Fixed a rooftop on Hue City which had no collision, allowing players inside the model. This also fixed a number of exploitable rooftops across the map.
Fixed collision on the outer wall of Objective F on Hue City to prevent exploits
Fixed an exploit on Hue City where the player could mantle onto unintended rooftops in the shanty town around Objective C
Fixed an exploit on Hue City where players could get into unintended areas in the stairwell of Objective B
Fixed an exploit on Hue where players could prone under the citadel walls and see enemies crossing the moat
Fixed the issue with Cu Chi where the U.S. failing to capture F in the first round of a match could break the map for subsequent rounds
Fixed various snags, stuck locations and collision issues across all maps. This will provide for a smoother and streamlined experience
Fixed an issue where smoke effects would appear transparent on Hill 937 when viewed from certain directions
Fixed an area of the tunnels under Cu Chi which players could stand under Objective D and capture the point
Fixed various areas where players could see through the map in the tunnels under Hue City
Fixed an issue where NVA players could mark artillery on US spawn after Objective B had been taken
Fixed an issue where players would teleport/mantle across the map when vaulting over walls on various maps
Fixed various clipping and floating art issues across all maps
Fixed various small holes and seams across all maps
Fixed an issue where a door on Hue had no collision and allowed players into unintended areas
Fixed an issue on An Lao Valley where some mountains would not fully destroy helicopters on collision
Added collision to a bush near objective C on Cu Chi inside which players could hide
Fixed an issue on Hue City where players could mantle onto an unintended rooftop across from Objective A
Fixed an issue where the US could lose artillery protection for their spawn area when attacking objectives D and E on Cu Chi
Fixed overly dark tunnel lighting and odd shadows in the Cu Chi tunnels
Fixed an issue on Cu Chi where trenches would cull out too early and players could see through the map
Fixed an area on Cu Chi where players could see under the map under the steps of Objective C
Fixed an area of Compound where players could crawl through a gutter and fall out of the map
Fixed an area where players could fall through out of the map in US spawn on Hue City
Prevented players from being able to reach the low poly houses to the far-South of the play area on Song Be
Players can no longer walk on barbed wire South of Objective G on Song Be
Players can no longer clip through the roof of the destroyed house in Objective G on Song Be
Candles now properly illuminate the dark room at U.S. spawn on Song Be
Fixed a pit on Hill 937 into which players could fall and become stuck
Fixed an issue with Territories mode on Compound where the U.S. team could fire into NLF spawn at Objective A
Made it easier to access the radio in Objective G on Cu Chi
Fixed a blocking volume that prevented free movement in a hut in Objective A of Hill 937
Removed an unlit poster hanging in an underground room on Hill 937
Fixed the ‘screen dimming’ error, present on Hue City in the tunnels near C
Fixed an issue where players could see the underside of a rock face in the Northern valley of Song Be
Fixed a small terrain mesh with no collision at Objective B on Song Be
Fixed several instances of floating/clipping/incorrectly placed grass on Song Be
Fixed the overly dark/floating grass in some areas of An Lao Valley
Moved a dresser which was clipping through an open door on Cu Chi

Art
Players manning the DShK will no longer appear as if they are missing geometry
Bullets now correctly penetrate bamboo fences
Bullets now properly penetrate the chain link fence on Song Be at Objective G
Modified the collision on the ramp out of the tunnels on Hue at Objective C to prevent players from being snagged or stopped at the tunnel mouth
Fixed the stretching issue present on the hands/arms of corpses
Fixed various instanced of ‘light bleeding’ which caused rocks to appear white where they intersected with the ground on An Lao Valley
Fixed an issue where characters’ feet could sometimes behave strangely when operating the DShK on Cu Chi and An Lao Valley
Fixed an issue where the M79’s sight floated above the gun model during reload when viewed at range
Corrected the collision length for the Mosin Nagant from 1 meter to the correct length of 1.23 meters
Fixed an issue where various 3rd person player attachments would cause incorrect character lighting in some areas
Fixed an issue where the smoke trail behind a crashing cobra would pop away rather than fade out
Fixed an issue where pressing RMB would interrupt machine gun reloads and allow players to move around/glitch the animation
Fixed an issue where the player’s arms would clip with the camera when using the RPD
Fixed a bug where the spawn tunnel preview mesh would become locked in position when players began charging with the pick mattock
Fixed an issue where the Cobra’s FFAR rockets would not display smoke trails correctly
Fixed an issue where the DShK’s shells would bounce back and forth towards the muzzle of the weapon when ejected
Added a glow effect to the drainpipe that NLF players can climb to reach the roof of Objective A on Cu Chi
Fixed an issue where characters would not perform the throwing animation for grenades when prone and leaning to the right
Fixed some trees on An Lao Valley missing collision

WEAPONS
Potential fix put in place for static images appearing on the sniper scope rather than the rendered scene. Please report any further instances, with as much detail as possible, if this you still have this occur. You can report your bug at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/ under the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam section

GUI
Fixed an issue where the ‘Friends’ tab of the server browser would not list servers
Fixed killfeed options ‘Only Own Kills’ and ‘Only Squad Kills’ not working
Fixed an issue where the Commander ‘Star’ icon could become stuck on the Radioman’s first-person camera
The ‘Filters’ panel in the server browser no longer defaults to open
Fixed an issue where the incorrect icon would appear on the ‘Digging Tunnel’ progress bar
Fixed an issue where kills with the XM21’s bayonet would display the wrong kill icon
Fixed an issue where the killfeed displayed a skull icon for flamethrower kills caused by fire on the ground
Fixed an issue where the enemy commander’s name would be used when using the Northern Forces’ ambush deployment
Fixed an issue where the last claymore detonated would not clear from the tactical view
Fixed an issue where Players’ own claymores/C4 didn’t show up on the HUD unless they were very close to the planted explosive
Fixed an issue where no HUD indicator appeared for players using vehicle chat in the Huey
Fixed an issue where pilots outside helicopters could still see the Vehicle Chat HUD identifier
Fixed an issue where team member icons appeared at map origin before initial spawn
Fixed an issue where the player count number for teams changed orientation depending on resolution for the NLF and NVA
Fixed an error where total wins could go above 100% on the player stats screen
Fixed an issue on non-16:9 resolutions where ‘Select Deployment Location’ exceeded the given space for that text
Fixed an issue where issuing an order to a friendly objective would cause the icon for that objective to be layered ‘behind’ other icons on the compass widget
Fixed an issue where the grenade counter would default to the M61 grenade regardless of team
Fixed an issue where US shotguns would display an incorrect ammo count for remaining shells

Audio
Fixed an issue where the radius on player screams was too small, meaning they would appear not to play to players at range
Fixed an issue where death screams would still play after players’ bodies had despawned
Fixed an issue where no sound played when an RPG hit a helicopter
Fixed an issue where the Main Menu music would only play once rather than loop
Fixed an issue where the M18 smoke grenade audio would still play after particles had stopped emitting
Fixed an issue where the RPD had no sound for its ammo check
Added a missing sound to the RPG’s handle switch at the end of its reload animation
Fixed an issue where pistol sounds would not be muffled inside tunnels on Hill 937
Added missing audio to a waterfall on An Lao Valley
Fixed an issue where river sound effects would fade out as you approached a waterfall on An Lao Valley
Players no longer play ‘Artillery Incoming’ voice lines when M79 rounds hit

Miscellaneous Fixes & Updates
Fixed an issue with reserved server slots leading to incorrect ‘Server is Full’ errors
Changed the game’s default display from ‘Borderless Windowed’ to ‘Fullscreen’ to prevent players from losing mouse focus during gameplay
Fixed an issue with the Members feature not reserving slots on servers
Extended various tunnel volumes to encompass the entire tunnel across all maps, this fix will also prevent players from failing to unlock the ‘Tunnel Rat’ achievement in these areas
Refined third person weapon lowering
Players’ stats now properly save if players vote to switch maps mid-round
Corrected the spelling of ‘Requires Password’ on the Filters section of the server browser
Changed the wording for Empty/Full servers on the Server Browser filter options
Fixed an issue where players could not change their spectate view target after selecting a spawn point while waiting to deploy
Corrected the description of the in game ‘Folding Stocks’ tip
Changed the wording on ‘Framerate Smoothing’ option to ‘Limit FPS’ in Advanced Graphics Settings
Although fixed in a previous patch, the issues with the AC-47’s sounds are now fixed

Optimization Passes
Completed a network relevancy optimization pass on Song Be
Fixed an issue where the commander’s tactical view would cause log spam when viewing Squad Leader icons at distance
Fixed log spam when launching the client with the Compact Communication Widget enabled
Fixed log spam connected to pilot battle chatter

Web Admin
Fixed an issue where ‘Use Captures for Tiebreaker’ server option would not change the tiebreaker logic
Fixed an issue where the ‘Use Map List’ setting would not save
Removed an unused and unlabelled column from the Current Game page

Localization
Fixed an issue where Cyrillic text rendered too small to be readable on the player level indicator
Fixed an issue where in German, the ‘refresh all’ button in the Server Browser would appear translated, and then switch to English

The teams at Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter Games continue to work towards even more improvements as well as additional content. For more information on what is coming in the future, check out the Roadmap on Trello, here: http://rs2vietnam.com/roadmap.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
The new update sounds great. The toggle option for sprint to prone is definitely a welcome addition.

I found a bug that I'm almost 100% percent sure other players have found, but I'll report it anyways. It seems like if you interrupt the animation when changing ammo types from HE grenade to smoke grenade, the grenade types can sometimes get switched around. For example, instead of having 2 smoke grenades and 6 HE grenades, you'll get six smoke and 2 HE. The model of the grenades gets mixed up as well which has led to some instances of friendly fire while trying to give smoke cover. I've mostly noticed it happening when sprinting before the ammo switch animation finishes and it won't give the text at the bottom about which grenade type was just loaded.

Thanks for your report. We've just repro'd this in-house and will be creating a ticket for a future patch. thanks again!

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
New HOTFIX available

http://steamcommunity.com/app/418460/discussions/3/1368380934242481752/

Hotfix is Now Live
This hotfix contains the following changes and is a required update for clients and servers:

Player Vote Kick System
Vote kicking is now default to Team-Only. This means that by default, servers will allow vote kicks only for members of your own team (This item was erroneously listed on the 1.01 changelog but was not included with that patch.)

Bug Fixes
Players will no longer receive a black screen when force re-spawning off of a commander. (Previously, players would have to use the 'suicide' command in the console to fix this issue)

A memory leak that affected all players has been fixed. (we will continue to review all reported memory leak feedback)

Easy Anti Cheat has been updated. This update will address those players who were receiving “authentication timeout” issues

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
New update tomorrow.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/2538191104018041668

Major Update (Hitching/Stuttering)
  • Addressed ‘hitching/stuttering’ that many players would experience during gameplay on all maps. Please note, this will only address those users who have 6GB+ RAM only. Please also note, players will experience slightly longer load times upon initially launching the game, as some previously ‘streamed’ content is now loaded on game client launch. As always, please be sure to report your feedback on the official Tripwire Interactive RS2: Vietnam forums:https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/rising-storm-2-vietnam/rs2-vietnam-general

Additional Crash Fixes
  • Fixed several crashes that would occur when players loaded between maps
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when in spectator mode

[TW]Stone;242101221 said:
how has the new hotfix been for you?

Seems to run better.

Am getting brief moment of lag when everyone spawns at the start though. A good solid second where it freezes.

I would post on the discord bugs channel but they don't like my avatar on Discord (because blood/guts/death/killing is fine but the second you see some skin everyone loses their damn mind, won't somebody thing of the children, etc...) so they restricted me till I change it.

I'm not changing it so I guess I'll just post it here.

PnCIa

I just bought this on Steam. As someone who loves his Arma, Squad and Insurgency, i couldn´t resist.

Only played RO many, many years ago so i have no idea of the basics anymore. Any good tutorial videos on youtube to get me started? :)

I just bought this on Steam. As someone who loves his Arma, Squad and Insurgency, i couldn´t resist.

Only played RO many, many years ago so i have no idea of the basics anymore. Any good tutorial videos on youtube to get me started? :)

There are some official tutorial videos that cover most of the basics, recommend watching them.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer

There is a tutorial section in the game with videos. :)

[TW]Stone;242843313 said:
how has your performance been since the hitching hotfix?

It seems to be running well. Can't tell 100% for sure as EAC is still blocking the latest versions of MSI Afterburner and RTSS so I can't have my OSD turned on or the game fails to load.

If I dont' have VNGame.exe in the RTSS blacklist the game just hard locks during launch. Some times during the intro logos and some times at main menu.

Top Bottom