• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Risk of Rain 2 (PC) getting more content Aug. 11th; officially leaving Early Access; price bumps up by $5.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Info on what is being added / changed:
  • New Survivor, The Captain: Brought to life through 60,000 community votes in April, The Captain joins the crew as the tenth playable character. The Captain controls the battlefield with utility and damage – with help from the Survivors’ orbiting dropship, the UES Safe Travels. He wields a shotgun-rifle combo that narrows the spread as it charges and can stun targets. The Captain can also leverage his high-ranking authority to request probes and beacons from orbit to either provide armor or a healing zone for him and his allies.
  • New Stage, Monsters and Hidden Boss: A new stage brings your escape run to its natural conclusion: The Moon! Can you survive new lunar monsters and face off against the Final Boss?
  • Server Browser: The new Server Browser improves the matchmaking experience. Join or create your own dedicated servers with options such as difficulty, rule voting, password protection and more.
  • New Items: Add a chance to fire magma balls on-hit with Molten Perforator, or drain your opponent’s life bars into yours with Super Massive Leech – just two of the latest additions in the game’s arsenal of more than 110 items.
  • New Skill Variants and Lore Entries: Complete challenges in game to unlock even more skill variants for Survivors, adding even more strategic potential for Survivors and team composition.
---

No word as to when this will hit the console versions. Adding more skill variants is excellent news :goog_love:

Buy it now if you wanna avoid the price hike:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
dude EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING ME i should play this game.

i love games like enter the gungeon, binding of isaac and diablo 3. But somehow i just don't like the looks of the game >.<

Graciaus

Bought it at launch but only played for a few hours. Was waiting for it to leave early access before I jumped in.

i love games like enter the gungeon, binding of isaac and diablo 3. But somehow i just don't like the looks of the game >.<
The first one is 2d. The change to 3d doesn't really look good imo. Games still fun though.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

I was/am a fan of the first but I was leery of the switch to 3d.

The loop of the game is ever-increasing difficulty and enemy hordes, and you are trying to outrun that pace by scooping up as many upgrades as possible and moving to the next stage. A randomized Teleporter will summon the stage boss. You can have multiples of the same item so if you can keep yourself alive, you'll be self-healing, with drones circling your head, multiple rockets shooting out of your backpack, blocking dmg with your stack of teddy bears, gaining shields, increasing your criticals, etc. to the point where you feel like you're breaking the game.... until you get a bit further and die anyway.

Oh and the pace is pretty cruel unless you're used to roguelike permadeath sort of games. The difficulty increases as time passes, so if you're picking butt you'll die. Reminds me of the stage ghost in Spelunky.

Sygma

Anniversary update for the 2nd best rogue lite out there along with Hades scheduled in 3 days !

Risk of Rain 2 is the most amazing 3D action game released these last 5 years and its not even close for the competition, including AAA stuff. I hope Returnal will somehow one up it but until then

Top Bottom