• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

LionPride

Banned
It at least logically makes sense for this Archie to be involved with women constantly, like he's a good looking, all around decent dude so it seems. Comic Archie tho...looked like wonder bread but was a good guy

Ponn

Banned
So is this show about nothing? I never really understood the Archie comics.

It's the Seinfeld of CW dramas.

My school had a fight between a few pregnant girls in the hall one day. Our baseball and men's lacrosse team are just assholes. Like oh my God.

We didn't have lacrosse :( Our track team was dicks because they were the only sport team that won anything. They all got suspended for stealing a golf cart and driving it into some guys screened in pool.

LionPride

Banned
It's the Seinfeld of CW dramas.

We didn't have lacrosse :( Our track team was dicks because they were the only sport team that won anything. They all got suspended for stealing a golf cart and driving it into some guys screened in pool.
We got Wrestling, Football, Basketball, Rugby, Lacrosse, Swim, Golf, Bowling, Track, Baseball, and Ultimate Frisbee. Having some 4 and 5 star athletes pass through has been pretty good

--------------------------------
Moose "I'm not gay" as he is about to go skinny dipping with Kevin and will do anything but kiss. Because that's homo

Toad.T

Banned
tfw you grew up with the comics, but cant see them due to not getting CW and no cannuck cable company rebroadcast.

This is going to be on Netflix the day after for all of NA, right?

Sean C

tfw you grew up with the comics, but cant see them due to not getting CW and no cannuck cable company rebroadcast.

This is going to be on Netflix the day after for all of NA, right?
My Canadian cable package includes a New York CW affiliate (WPIX).

SArcher

Banned
Eh, I'm not really feeling it. This might have been edgy if it came out 10 years ago but in 2017 the show feels like a parody of a teen drama. Archie fans may feel differently though.

Jhoan

Sweet Jesus! So many attractive actors and actresses! It's a CW show alright. Some of the teenage drama made me cringe a bit (the sexual tension stuff) whereas in other parts, it reminded me of Life Is Strange. I'm bummed out that Jughead won't be asexual but c'est le vie. I'm not the biggest fan of teenage dramas since I dropped shows such as One Tree Hill fast but I'll keep watching to see how much more cringe it'll get. I hope Jughead continues to narrate in future episodes.

That was a good premiere. Answered a few of my questions.
Besides some cringey tropes, there's a solid character drama here with lots of mystery and manipulation.

I'm still trying to disassociate my memories of these characters from the comics and accept this is an alternate take on my favorite characters. I'm in.

Really enjoyed the premiere. There's a lot of potential here, and the relationship between Betty and Veronica was great; it's probably my favorite part of the show so far. All the actors and actresses fit their roles so well. My only real complaint is that there was a serious lack of Jughead, but hopefully that changes from here on out.

jerry113

Banned
Sweet Jesus! So many attractive actors and actresses! It's a CW show alright. Some of the teenage drama made me cringe a bit (the sexual tension stuff) whereas in other parts, it reminded me of Life Is Strange. I'm bummed out that Jughead won't be asexual but c'est le vie. I'm not the biggest fan of teenage dramas since I dropped shows such as One Tree Hill fast but I'll keep watching to see how much more cringe it'll get. I hope Jughead continues to narrate in future episodes.

this show is making me realize that im now a dirty old man

LionPride

Banned
Moose the type of dude who thinks saying no homo makes everything okay

No man, you gay, admit it. It's fine to be gay and a football player. My school got plenty...

TheFlow

Banned
Moose the type of dude who thinks saying no homo makes everything okay

No man, you gay, admit it. It's fine to be gay and a football player. My school got plenty...
I thought moose was straight in the comics? He appears to have a gf in the new one shot

uncblue

I don't know anything about the comics, but they can't possibly have statuatory rape as a storyline, right? I enjoyed everything about the episode besides that.

LionPride

Banned
I don't know anything about the comics, but they can't possibly have statuatory rape as a storyline, right? I enjoyed everything about the episode besides that.
It's a CW Show around Teenagers not involving superpowers. Comics didn't do it, I believe, but relationship between a Sophomore and a Teacher? Sure why not, this won't end poorly or anything

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I've seen this mentioned a few times and I don't understand it, really. It's part of the story they are telling. They aren't excusing it and it's a thing that happens in real life so I don't know why it's such a problem.

TheFlow

Banned
In the show it's a little...unknown so to say. Total bro, but Kevin said he was propositioned by Moose who was and I quote "Hung as a horse"
I gotta watch the episode. Had to DVR it.

To the other guy no,the Archie comics aren't dark enough that sex,drugs, and murder become subject matters

It's a CW Show around Teenagers not involving superpowers. Comics didn't do it, I believe, but relationship between a Sophomore and a Teacher? Sure why not, this won't end poorly or anything
This happened a long time w/Paige in Degrassi like over a decade ago and I'm sure plenty of shows like 90210 or whatever have done this

Jhoan

this show is making me realize that im now a dirty old man

Hahaha, that's how I feel as well but it's okay. I imagine that most of the teen actors and actresses must be between the ages of 16 and 19. At least the adults make you feel less guilty. Ms. Grundy and Mrs. Lodge are pretty attractive in their own right. Molly Ringwald has also aged well so it'll be great to see her as Mrs. Andrews. Matthew Perry looks pretty grizzled from his 90210 days but I like it since he reminds me of Walter White in appearance.

Top Bottom