• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale Season 2 |OT| Something Wicked This Way Comes

Pachimari

Yes, like every 22 episode show you can expect a big break from the start of Dec to the end of Jan. Also most of April. And a few other random breaks
Yeah, it just sounded like we were in for an even bigger break, like Oct-March phew.

CW is notorious for it. With Crazy-Ex, they showed the first episode of the new season and then went on a month long break right after.

Lol wow.

Yes, like every 22 episode show you can expect a big break from the start of Dec to the end of Jan. Also most of April. And a few other random breaks
I didn't realize they were making 22 episodes this season... Not sure that's a good thing.

I'm really excited for Sabrina. I ordered this first(and only) trade this morning.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Team Betty but Veronica is a close second.

i hope she literally & figuratively lets her hair down this season

tumblr_oufga6GTmO1r35vkjo3_540.png

Pachimari

We got our first photo of Toni Topaz played by Vanessa Morgan:

bu4h6hX.png

Toni has unfortunately gotten a lot of death threats from "Bughead" fans. Which has made Lili Reinhart address those threats:

"It's so weird," Reinhart said. "Frankly, it just is disturbing to me that people would even send these negative messages to Vanessa. I understand that people are super invested in our show, and in this world, and in these characters, but there needs to be a realization that Vanessa is not actually Toni Topaz. I am not actually Betty Cooper. Cole is not actually Jughead."

Lili had a case herself recently and wants fans to respect them as actors:

"That's kind of something that goes along with an experience I had just recently with a fan really invading my personal space, and kind of running up to me, and me having to speak out and defend myself for not welcoming that sort of physical intrusion on my space," Reinhart said. "People are kind of blurring the lines between real people and the characters that we play, and it's important to remember that this is a show, and that these are parts that we play, and these are sets that we're on."

"So, you cannot keep sending that negative attitude and energy toward an actor," she said. "She's only playing a part. And, again, it's flattering that people are so invested in this relationship between Betty and Jughead. It's just completely uncalled for, and inappropriate, to have anyone actually sending death threats to a character that may or may not come between Betty and Jughead. There's a difference between the real world and television, and the line is being blurred a little bit."

VeeP

We got our first photo of Toni Topaz played by Vanessa Morgan:

bu4h6hX.png

Toni has unfortunately gotten a lot of death threats from "Bughead" fans. Which has made Lili Reinhart address those threats:

Lili had a case herself recently and wants fans to respect them as actors:

Man I’m actually a fan of Vanessa morgan too lol. I’m glad she’s in the show. Shippers honestly need to stfu and watch the show. Sending death threats and shit is creepy as fuck.

Ydelnae

I hope they fix some of the problems I had with season 1 (Cheryl being insufferable and annoying, and everyone still caring and checking for her) and double down on Dark Betty.

Literally can't wait until the season begins, I think I've been more excited for this than for GoT lol

Betty and Veronica boooooooooooooom.

Shamlessly watch this for hawtness, all genders, all colours. Murder mystery helps.

Canteen gif creepy af.

I hope they fix some of the problems I had with season 1 (Cheryl being insufferable and annoying, and everyone still caring and checking for her) and double down on Dark Betty.

Literally can't wait until the season begins, I think I've been more excited for this than for GoT lol

no way. schizo cheryl all the way.

BTA

Really looking forward to it; season 1 was a lot of fun. I'm not sure how anyone can see Betty and Jughead lasting long term since that would kill the whole Betty vs Veronica thing. Shipping's fine but don't get angry at the actors over it.

I don't know how much I'll be in this thread though. You do you but thirsty gifs, especially of high school aged characters, is already too creepy for me.

obin_gam

So how authentic is the "Sabrina in Riverdale" story? Does it have legitimate ground to stand on or is it just fan wishes?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So how authentic is the "Sabrina in Riverdale" story? Does it have legitimate ground to stand on or is it just fan wishes?

Pick up The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, ASAP. It's really good. Presumably that would be the basis for the spin-off.

As for authenticity, if I remember correctly it spun out of this alternate Archie story they were doing called Afterlife with Archie. It was basically Night of the Living Dead/Walking Dead with the Riverdale crew. That series is good too, but they did a solo issue about a darker take on Sabrina and eventually that spun off into its own series.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Like a real spinoff of riverdale or just a show based on a comic book produced by cw?
For now it’s not confirmed if there will be any cameos or connections, but the Sabrina pilot is being produced by the same team that makes Riverfale and they’re more than aware of fan demand. I’d say it’s a lock, they just need to find the right time and tone in order for it to work. They’re definitely interested in making this some type of “universe” imo, especially due to the promotional possibilities.

Season 2 already?! I wish more series were this quick lol

Just about any show on network television ends in May and starts in September/October.

Feels like they produced the second season in record time. I get that most shows follow this schedule but it feels like only five minutes ago I was watching season 1's finale.

Lovely surprise to see this returning so soon. Season 1 was so much better than it had any right to be. Also #TeamBetty.

VeeP

Like a real spinoff of riverdale or just a show based on a comic book produced by cw?

Dude who wrote Chilling Adventures and Afterlife with Archie is the showrunner on Riverdale & will probably be a show runner on Sabrina also.

If it's anything like other CW shows, we'll have a "backdoor" pilot for Sabrina within Riverdale, if it has a good reception we'll see the show.

Thats how Flash happened, the Originals, and how the canceled Supernatural Spinoff tried to take off.

Top Bottom