• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roasting Console Makers Post E3

Marvel14

Banned
After E3, I wonder if Gaffers are ready to unwind and engage in some good natured roasting of our beloved console makers:

- Sony as invisible as a PS5 on a storeshelf

- Microsoft too busy buying studios and building a game pipeline to 2023 to give us a proper look at Halo.

-Like Marty Mcfly, Nintendo time travelled 30+ years to late 80s early 90s Hollywood and TVLand and came back suffering from an acute case of sequelitis and re-runitis..

Any more good natured roasts?

My hugely successful (/S) roast thread is here for those who like to reminisce...

Bartski

Gold Member
Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Banjo64

cumsessed
After E3, I wonder if Gaffers are ready to unwind and engage in some good natured roasting of our beloved console makers:

- Sony as invisible as a PS5 on a storeshelf

- Microsoft too busy buying studios and building a game pipeline to 2023 to give us a proper look at Halo.

-Like Marty Mcfly, Nintendo time travelled 30+ years to late 80s early 90s Hollywood and TVLand and came back suffering from an acute case of sequelitis and re-runitis..

Any more good natured roasts?

My hugely successful (/S) roast thread is here for those who like to reminisce...

I’m sorry, but those roasts are hilariously inadequate. Like your cock OP.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Nintendo fans are excited about Metroid that looks like every other $10 2.5D indie game on PS3/4 and think Nintendo show was "good".
Considering Playstation fans literally screamed for a god of war 2 logo.

I think its the best you leave that. You can say other crap, but not this.

Plus Nintendo show was ok. All that is left is Sony event. My guess will be 2024-2025 games to be announced, and fans would scream happily (2016 last of us 2, which released in 2020).

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Plus Nintendo show was ok. All that is left is Sony event. My guess will be 2024-2025 games to be announced, and fans would scream happily (2016 last of us 2, which released in 2020).

Screaming for a 99% GOTY game? Easy. Metroid is as good as $5-10 indie games in the market, sold at $60.

StormCell

Nintendo fans are excited about Metroid that looks like every other $10 2.5D indie game on PS3/4 and think Nintendo show was "good".
When the joke hits a little too close to home. But okay...

How'd everybody like that Mario Party Superstars? When Nintendo knows its fans like Mario Party boards so much that they skip selling them as $20 DLC to the already-existing Super Mario Party and just ship the DLC as a whole new damn full-priced game! Damn!

Yep, that's right.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
Sony should've just held a conference and charged $70 😂

Nintendo's new title: Stick Drift Racing

MS adds lo-fi music and eye covers to flight simulator for the proper nap experience
Lo-fi music would sell Xseries at a higher rate. That music is the light to the moth for gamers.

I’d rather let a gerbil gnaw on my haemorrhoids than play Animal Crossing. At least in God of War I can kill shit.

They sold 6m units in Japan alone. I guess some folks just really really enjoy cute little no-stress experiences with enough social marketability to be sharable on social media without judgement.

Banjo64

cumsessed
They sold 6m units in Japan alone. I guess some folks just really really enjoy cute little no-stress experiences with enough social marketability to be sharable on social media without judgement.
It’s good numbers, but like 4 people bought Okami and about 300m play Fortnite. It’s not an indicator of quality for me, just mainstream-ability.

Spidey Fan

Banned
I’d rather let a gerbil gnaw on my haemorrhoids than play Animal Crossing. At least in God of War I can kill shit.
I can see why you wont like it. Your mind is wired to wreak havoc, than enjoy quite time, and play a fun quite game.

I cant stand games like gow for 2 hour. Too much killing enemies, and not other stuff to be busy. Music won't make you get in to the game. I played spiderman 3-4 hours yesterday. And mainly, because swinging and doing tricks made the boring combat somewhat acceptable. I found a new way to take down on enemies now. Stealthy dumb ways, since the AI is too retard to begin with. Just climb the pipeline and snag him with spider web. The AI that interacted with his friends doesn't even notice his friends are missing.

Oh, that dumb sneaking scene from MJ in the warehouse scene was atrocious. A sin against sneaking games. Like seriously, I just went behind a room full of people, and no one noticed her. Not even the guys behind her.

Me after playing that mission
dumb ridiculousness GIF

At least miles mission made little bit sense.

Last edited:

Tutomos

The Xbox fridge video is the most viewed on the official channel because Xbox fans are looking to store all the crows they're going to eat when Flight Sim and Forza Horizon were revealed to be 30fps.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
What is PLAYSTATION CEOs favorite whine, that is right it’s cool whine.

PHIL Spencer, more like Phil Spender buying all those studios.

Nintendont want to show Metroid prime 4 or charge reasonable prices, or finish botw2

Nubulax

In the middle of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC...ya... probably lol. Shit I even bought the thing and I havent played any of them before. Also bought FF7 and LOU2... You can guess which of the 3 I played the least :) ...it was AC

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Forza 5 looks great and fun but content wise of actual gameplay for other games, it was the most content light in E3 history and that would have been applicable even if Sony attended.

The Wuhan Virus seriously horse-fucked game dev teams last year. I'm optimistic E3 2022 will bounce back huge, but we'll see. 2021 is "Year of Clear The Backlog" it appears.

DeaDPo0L84

Wow, just wow. Man, I dont know what to say here.
I guess, parents shouldn't buy GtaV for their kids too.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying lol. Just meaning that parents are more likely to have kids who own a switch and be interested in animal crossing versus a ps4 and LoU2. Think of the same reference when comparing pg movies to a rated r movie, pg movies will have a much higher saturation due to casting a wider net versus rated r ones.

But anyways, it was just a quick jab, nothing serious, I played both games, carry on.

Spidey Fan

Banned
I think you misunderstood what I was saying lol. Just meaning that parents are more likely to have kids who own a switch and be interested in animal crossing versus a ps4 and LoU2. Think of the same reference when comparing pg movies to a rated r movie, pg movies will have a much higher saturation due to casting a wider net versus rated r ones.

But anyways, it was just a quick jab, nothing serious, I played both games, carry on.
Now who i am gonna be mad at
angry work GIF

Yeah, the switch is for families. I wanted one, but the pricing point of their games is what stopped me.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned

At least they get released, unlike Nintendo's AWOL games.

You're not looking at this the right way.

In God of War you can kill things, but in Animal Crossing you are killing time itself.

Zones

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Tell me when that goty is able to do 30m. Animal crossing did 30m compared to lou2 goty 15m
And yet people spend a lot more on useless Fortnite skins than any individual game out there.

So have we been blind to appreciate the fact Fortnite is the real GOTY?

giphy.gif

GymWolf

I dont need an apposite topic for this, i'm in roasting mode 24\7 when they deserve it.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Not exactly a console maker, but...

Take Two, a company that preys on taking money from young kids and people addicted to gambling, wants to teach people how to be better... biggest lol of E3 for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom