• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robomodo Asked to Inlcude Crash in THPS5 - Couldn't Happen (Not Activision's Fault?)

EpyCqVs.jpg

There was a link to Robomodo's twitter account in the recent thread about the whereabouts of a patch for THSP5 and I noticed the above post while taking a look. With Crash still getting brought up years removed from the last game I thought it was worth noting.

I wonder what reason stopped it from happening aside from just timing issues. Perhaps the rights to the character have gotten more complicated in the Vivendi/Activision split?

For Crash's 20th anniversary Activision will release a limited edition Crash Skylander figure. Happy 20th anniversary Crash!

I'm surprised they never brought him to Skylanders. They could probably make a trailer of him reuniting with Spyro or something. He'd probably fit in quite well

Vivendi probably owns them too. Likely a rights mess no-one wants to fix because it's 2015 and only Sony gives a fuck about Crash. Same as NOLF, probably.

Just didn't want crash in another bad game, add skateboarding to a new crash game, a part of special levels, but dont give us crash in that shit game.

MMaRsu

Banned
So Crash is in IP hell or Sony scooped up the IP

Seeing as Bruceleeroy is beeing coy I suspect a Sony developed Crash at psx

ChaosXVI

Last year I didn't think there was a chance in hell that Sony would go through the trouble of purchasing the Crash IP just to satiate like 1000 fans or so...but then E3 2015 happened and they've gone completely nuts.

For all we know, at PSX they'll announce that they've bought SEGA, and hired Kojima to direct the next 3D Sonic game.

Wagram

A higher power realized THPS5 was shit, so it intervened and stopped crash from being subjected to even more punishment.

That higher power is known to the mortal man as
Sony.

Anth0ny

gearing up for the big reboot on ps4 and didn't want the brand associated with the shit that is thps5

makes sense

ZarKryn7

I'm sure Activision didn't want Crash to be associated in thps5 but Sony was cool with Ratchet, Sackboy, and a sweet tooth head anyway. Lol.

J-Skee

Yoooo, is it happening? Did Sony actually come through? If they announce a modern Crash Bandicoot game, you may never see me again.

Universal still owns the character. You know like they always have, even when they allowed Sony to make the games for them in the 90s.

Although people are going to still tell you that Sony owned the character.

Tizoc

Universal still owns the character. You know like they always have, even when they allowed Sony to make the games for them in the 90s.

Although people are going to still tell you that Sony owned the character.

Yup, at the very least Universal would give the OK to Sony to make a new game in the series or some such.

Top Bottom