• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 full setlist revealed

akashhhhh

Was there any news on how dlc transfer would work? Which songs would transfer, whether it would cost anything to bring over the RB2 set, etc?

TBiddy

Check out the DLC list, they surely have something there you would like.

Probably. But it's going to get really expensive to build up a library consisting only of DLC. Considering that I'm going to have to shell out quite a few bucks to get a guitar and the game, there damn well better be some songs I know on that set list.

There's like 5 songs I know, a few more bands I know and the rest.. well... :)

Was there any news on how dlc transfer would work? Which songs would transfer, whether it would cost anything to bring over the RB2 set, etc?

Almost all non-RBN will carry over free of charge.

The Rock Band 2 export is more complicated if you haven't already paid for the license, ask in the main Rock Band 4 thread for an explanation.

Not really seeing anything in there for me. Gonna have to give some serious thought to actually going through with my pre-order (full band ~$200 bestbuy gcu). It's a tough sell and I'm doing mental gymnastics to justify the purchase, but seeing as I still have a 360 hooked up and working instruments, I may be losing more (pro guitar/keys/some dlc/wired instruments) than gaining by going the big box route.

Ugh. But I wantsssss it.

Troy

Banned
Since I played this on 360 last gen, I'd have to buy an Xbox One in order to get the most from this game. Or buy it on PS4 and deal with the included setlist. Based on that list, I'll do neither. I have a feeling this game is going to bomb big time.

This set list is pretty good for a game to play with other people.

That being said, to those complaining, this looks better than the default rb3 set list.

mreddie

39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

Pretty eh compared to RB3 but they already did all the big ones.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
There's about 10 songs there that are staples of me and my friends' karaoke outings. Not bad.

Bladelaw

• Aerosmith – Toys in the Attic
  • Avenged Sevenfold – Hail to the King
  • The Black Keys – Fever
  • Cake – Short Skirt/Long Jacket
  • The Cure – Friday, I’m in Love
  • Disturbed – Prayer
  • Dream Theater – Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and The Sleeper
  • Fleetwood Mac – You Make Loving Fun
  • Foo Fighters – The Feast and the Famine
  • Halestorm – I Miss the Misery
  • Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life
  • Jack White – Lazaretto
  • Judas Priest – Halls of Valhalla
  • The Killers – Somebody Told Me
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
  • The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get
  • Ozzy Osbourne – Miracle Man
  • Paramore – Still Into You
  • The Protomen – Light Up the Night
  • Queens of the Stone Age – My God is the Sun
  • R.E.M. - The One I Love
  • Rush – A Passage to Bangkok
  • Scandal – The Warrior
  • Scorpions – No One Like You
  • Soundgarden – Superunknown
  • Spin Doctors – Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong
  • System of a Down – Spiders
  • Van Halen – Panama
  • Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
  • The Who – The Seeker
This is every song I recognize and want to play on the set list. Given standard single song DLC pricing of $2/song I'm looking at $60 worth of DLC which is spot on as far as I'm concerned. This doesn't include any songs on the setlist I don't recognize that might turn into favorites or the 34 Amazon pre-order songs of which I know I love a few.

Now the only things left for HMX to announce is when/where you can get the Legacy Adapter on launch day, how much DLC we can expect day 1, and Rock Band 3 disk song status.

nkarafo

Well, at least it has No one like You from Scorpions. I would love playing the master/original version of it instead of a cover.

Unless there was a Scorpions DLC sometime that i'm not aware of.

cakely

This may be the weakest setlist of a Rock Band core game but there's certainly enough good songs on there for me to buy it.

As if that was ever in question.

ElNino

Probably. But it's going to get really expensive to build up a library consisting only of DLC. Considering that I'm going to have to shell out quite a few bucks to get a guitar and the game, there damn well better be some songs I know on that set list.

There's like 5 songs I know, a few more bands I know and the rest.. well... :)
If you are new to the series, then yes the DLC could be very expensive. For many people however, we already have hundreds of dollars worth of DLC ready to import to the new game.

MajorMane

I wonder if the budget was lower for this one.

Considering Harmonix is publishing this on their own alongside MadCatz, yes, most assuredly so. It's a smaller game for them and more of a reboot for the series than a real follow-up.

Overall, loving the setlist.

That's downright terrible. RB's playlists have always been better than GH's, but this one might be worse than any GH set list.
Even the good musicians have their shit tier songs on here. There must have been s budget problem.
Thank god for dlc. If I could pay 10 bucks for just the core of the game without these songs I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Just have all dlc.

I wonder if the budget was lower for this one.

63 songs, and they're operating without the MTV money this time around. There was definitely a lower budget for this game.

Well, at least it has No one like You from Scorpions. I would love playing the master/original version of it instead of a cover.

Unless there was a Scorpions DLC sometime that i'm not aware of.

It's a version recorded by the band itself, but it's not the original. It's the one from the Comeblack album.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Stay dead, music games. Because this set list reads like an obituary.

Woffls

Finally, another* Scorpions song. I wish they were more popular so that we might have gotten a dedicated Guitar Hero release. Soooo many great guitar songs.

Anyway, not enough to convince me. I'll stick with last-gen for guitar games for now.

*It was in Rocks the 80s but PS2 man c'mon

Entropia

No One Remembers
First time I've seen the setlist.

Very nice choice for a Dream Theater song, and awesome that Protomen is in this!! Their best song even too!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong and The Impression that I get make up for the rest of the list

ElNino

No weezer :(
Well, there are 15 or so Weezer songs already available so I'm not sure if they really needed to add any to the on-disc set list this time.

That being said, there is a Foo Fighters song and they already have a ton of representation in the series.

Top Bottom