• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

pacman85

But, but I have had so much fun with it already. Honestly I get your point but what are you going to do? At this point Rock Band is just going to be a niche market and we are going to have to pay more for less to keep it a float and I am totally ok with that.
That is all very true. I have had fun too but I just know that I have had LESS fun with it than I did with RB3 due to all the missing features. That being said, if launching a year later didn't meant RB4 would exist then I'm glad they did it when they did. Harmonix did a TON of work to make all of our old instruments AND our old DLC to work with RB4 and I don't mind spending money on this game and SOME DLC to make sure Rock Band with regular DLC is still a thing.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So just to make sure - when (if lol) the digital bundle goes up on EU PSN next week, and I make the switch from physical to digital, my saves and scores and such will be untouched, right? Meaning I won't lose anything?

Tapejara

There's a bunch of Rock Band 4 DLC on sale on the NA PSN this week. Iron Maiden Pack 01, U2 Essentials, one of the Going Country packs, the Fueled By Raman pack, a Linkin Park pack, and one or two others I can't recall.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, I didn't notice that the new Xbox dashboard introduced a formal "ready to install" tab. Found another 100+ songs that I didn't know I could download.

(I guess they finally put up the AC/DC and RHC songs that got delisted)

MrNelson

Banned
Reposting for the new page:

I can handle the PS4 GAF crew. Just reply with your PSN ID and I'll add you to the list.

1. MrNelson (MrNelson92)
2. Shift Breaker (TheShiftayOne)
3. Clown_im_OP (Clown_im_OP)
4. Gleethor (BillyTheHuston)
5. ascii42 (ascii42)
6. Gorger (Gorger)

And here are the sales for this week on NA PSN:

Iron Maiden Pack 01 - $13.99 (Was 19.99)

Fueled by Ramen Pack 01 - $6.99 (Was $9.99)

Linkin Park Pack 01 - $6.99 (Was $9.99)

Going Country Pack 05 - $5.94 (Was $8.49)

P!nk Pack 01 - $4.89 (Was $6.99)

The Black Crowes Pack 01 - $3.84 (Was $5.49)

opoth

Banned
Alright, the 1st GAF crew is filled. If somebody else wants to start up a 2nd one go on ahead.

Not much of a 2nd crew for XB1 so far but here goes:

1. opoth (TerrapinStar)
2. DrEvil (SuperDeanio)
3. FyreWulff (FyreWulff)

I'll add everyone from the first crew as well.

FyreWulff

slightly offtopic, but one of the Rock Band guys made his own game, Thumper. It's pretty neat, and I'm streaming it now.

http://www.twitch.tv/fyrewulff

it's somewhere between Amp and Blitz in complexity

edit: so, after playing it a good while.. buy Thumper. It's it's a nice, "instinct" visceral beatmatch. The guy that headed the design is a bassist, so it's different than Blitz/Amp/ similar games in that you're filling in the beat instead of the melody.

pacman85

I'll hop on board to the second XB1 crew. Gamertag is III c h e x III
Looking forward to Rivals but I don't know how much I will be able to play.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, I hadn't played RB4 in months, but since I pre-ordered Rivals, I played it again tonight. It's still so fun. I can't wait for online. I know for sure if it had online, I'd be jamming with my friends a lot.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Rock Band Rivals |OT| More Drama, Less Europeans

Rock Band Rivals |OT| Them vs. You vs. Me
Rock Band Rivals |OT| You Can Still Rock (In America)
Rock Band Rivals |OT| Sponsored by Bananas! They're like apples, kinda.

opoth

Banned
XB1 Crew #1

-PROh1bited
-Fallout Phoenix
-CloudWolf(JWitjeS)
-firehawk12(firehawk1234)
-komarkaze(Komakaze)
-Baron Von Loathsome(Nubaron)
-BrokenBox(ColdSystem)
-Conscience Falls(ConscienceFalls)
-Hutty211(Hutty)
-BTM(Ghost241887)

XB1 Crew #2

1. opoth (TerrapinStar)
2. DrEvil (SuperDeanio)
3. FyreWulff (FyreWulff)
4. pacman8 (III c h e x III)
5. TheFurizzlyBear (TheFurizzlyBear)

5 more spots open. It would be nice if we could fill out both of them by the time Rivals launches. Hopefully some diehards come out of the woodwork!

repeater

So are the 10 extra songs ONLY free if you preorder? They won't be included if I pick up the retail version of RB+Rivals, or an instrument bundle including Rivals, after launch?

The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of picking up a new band bundle to get a new drumset (my RB4 set plain doesn't work properly - thx HMX), but I'm not gonna buy it before I can see some reactions and reviews online stating that this one actually works. But it would be nice to get those extra songs for free.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So are the 10 extra songs ONLY free if you preorder? They won't be included if I pick up the retail version of RB+Rivals, or an instrument bundle including Rivals, after launch?

The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of picking up a new band bundle to get a new drumset (my RB4 set plain doesn't work properly - thx HMX), but I'm not gonna buy it before I can see some reactions and reviews online stating that this one actually works. But it would be nice to get those extra songs for free.
I assume the songs come as a code from retailers for preordering.

I still like the "Toys In The Attic" OT suggestion from last year.

Oh yeah, "Toys Out of the Attic" or something, wasn't it? That one really started to grow on me after a while.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

We could make it a consistent theme. Looking forward to the next expansion's OT title "We're still in the progress of putting the rock band back together".

They're pre-order only, I believe. Are you in the US or the EU? The US are essentially beta testing the instruments until November. The question is, how many of the songs do you want? Would it be worth taking the risk?

repeater

They're pre-order only, I believe. Are you in the US or the EU? The US are essentially beta testing the instruments until November. The question is, how many of the songs do you want? Would it be worth taking the risk?
I'm EU. I'm thinking I'll probably preorder Rivals digitally and then wait for reviews of the hardware. If it seems reliable, I might get myself a bundle when it releases over here and sell of the included disc somewhere.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So for some reason, the Rock Band rivals pre-order songs started to download for me tonight.

Edit:

The expansion also downloaded and installed. However, it is not playable along with the songs.

Storm360

So

Not sure what the opinion of them here is, but the guys from C3 are hyping up Harmonix's launch party stream.

Apparently they're announcing some "cool stuff" and pksage will be discussing something him and Farottone have been working on

I know it won't be... But please be RBN related

_woLf

How do I preorder just the DLC? All the preorders on retail sites are for band/guitar bundles...do I have to go through the Xbox store digitally?

I wanted the extra amazon songs :/

Gleethor

How do I preorder just the DLC? All the preorders on retail sites are for band/guitar bundles...do I have to go through the Xbox store digitally?

I wanted the extra amazon songs :/
Yeah the two amazon songs are with physical bundles only. But they'll be in the stir sometime this month, so I wouldn't sweat it.

MrNelson

Banned
The OT is all finished! I'll be putting it up tomorrow evening after I get off work.

And the winner is: Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FyreWulff

So

Not sure what the opinion of them here is, but the guys from C3 are hyping up Harmonix's launch party stream.

Apparently they're announcing some "cool stuff" and pksage will be discussing something him and Farottone have been working on

I know it won't be... But please be RBN related

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/dis...s-server-downtime-and-leaderboard-wipes-10-17

leaderboard wipe incoming due to chart fixes in certain songs with guitar and drums

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The OT is all finished! I'll be putting it up tomorrow evening after I get off work.

And the winner is: Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

uh oh...

MrNelson

Banned
DLC for this week
Cu-ZDo5UEAABkv3.jpg:large
$1.99 a piece, or $15.99 for the pack

Also, another DLC sale, this time for everyone on Xbox and Playstation

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
As European on PS4, I would love nothing more to have the complete Rivals experience up and running when I get home from work tomorrow. I'll go full digital on RB4 and am ready to dive in again.

But I'll eat my hat if they don't fuck it up somehow.

vg260

I'm going to be picking up Rivals, mostly for the pre-order songs. I'm reluctant to join a crew here until I know more about what's involved. I tend to be kind of off and on with the game based on the music coming out.

opoth

Banned
Well, we made it to 200 pages. RIP OT!

XB1 Crew #1

-PROh1bited
-Fallout Phoenix
-CloudWolf(JWitjeS)
-firehawk12(firehawk1234)
-komarkaze(Komakaze)
-Baron Von Loathsome(Nubaron)
-BrokenBox(ColdSystem)
-Conscience Falls(ConscienceFalls)
-Hutty211(Hutty)
-BTM(Ghost241887)

XB1 Crew #2

1. opoth (TerrapinStar)
2. DrEvil (SuperDeanio)
3. FyreWulff (FyreWulff)
4. Ninhead (RegularGerg)
5. TheFurizzlyBear (TheFurizzlyBear)
6. SpideySenses (Spidey987)
7. SoldierOfLight (Yesdroid29)
8. peteykirch (Petey Kirch)
9. Juke Joint Jezebel (Poinkish)
10. Hop (Hupfen)

EDIT: Ninhead in, pacman85 out. Second crew full! Who's going to start crew #3?

I'm reluctant to join a crew here until I know more about what's involved. .

Same. Harmonix have focused way too much on promoting the "Documentary" career mode and the new UI and haven't provided people with enough readily available in-depth info about the Rivals modes outside of being able to form a group and join a team and compete on leaderboards and challenges.

Some of the questions I have are...

• How many crews can you be a part of? Is it more than one?
  • Do you have to stick to one team? (Analog/Digital)
  • Can a crew be disbanded or people removed if they're not active enough?

Stuff like that I haven't seen in the promotional blurbs they've released.

Top Bottom