• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FyreWulff

I think you can only be in one. Which is kind of annoying. But I guess if the point is competing then the leaderboards would be dominated perpetually by whatever big websites are out there with like 500 people submitting scores to one crew.

I assume managing whoever is in the crew is possible.

I'm personally going to be focused on getting my bass rating to 1000 first, and worry about crew second...

MrNelson

Banned
Reposting one last time in here:

Just reply with your PSN ID and I'll add you to the list.

1. MrNelson (MrNelson92)
2. Shift Breaker (TheShiftayOne)
3. Clown_im_OP (Clown_im_OP)
4. Gleethor (BillyTheHuston)
5. ascii42 (ascii42)
6. Gorger (Gorger)
7. Tapejara (poodude)
8. Bauer91 (Bauer91)

And I'm pretty sure the Crew admin can kick people from the group.

Remind me, do these crews have names, or is it just going to be something like "MrNelson92's Crew"? Because I've realised now that I know virtually nothing about Rivals mode and I'm probably just blindly buying it.

Assuming it actually comes out tomorrow.

In any case, there are a lot of pages in this topic, for a supposedly dead game of a dead genre. We've done well. I mean, it's mostly moaning, but that's not the point.

FyreWulff

Remind me, do these crews have names, or is it just going to be something like "MrNelson92's Crew"? Because I've realised now that I know virtually nothing about Rivals mode and I'm probably just blindly buying it.

Assuming it actually comes out tomorrow.

In any case, there are a lot of pages in this topic, for a supposedly dead game of a dead genre. We've done well. I mean, it's mostly moaning, but that's not the point.

Pretty sure you can name them

opoth

Banned
I have added everyone from both crews as friends. I'll try to stay up late tonight to set up the second crew (as others have said, I guess we'll see how all this stuff works once it's in front of us)

If we can name Crew #2, how does The Other Ones sound? Any other ideas?

EDIT: or something like RockGAF2 Electric Boogaloo

FyreWulff

I have added everyone from both crews as friends. I'll try to stay up late tonight to set up the second crew (as others have said, I guess we'll see how all this stuff works once it's in front of us)

If we can name Crew #2, how does The Other Ones sound? Any other ideas?

EDIT: or something like RockGAF2 Electric Boogaloo

Board B Sides

.. this is too hard.

Tapejara

Reposting one last time in here:

Just reply with your PSN ID and I'll add you to the list.

1. MrNelson (MrNelson92)
2. Shift Breaker (TheShiftayOne)
3. Clown_im_OP (Clown_im_OP)
4. Gleethor (BillyTheHuston)
5. ascii42 (ascii42)
6. Gorger (Gorger)

And I'm pretty sure the Crew admin can kick people from the group.

My PSN ID is poodude if there's still room in the PSN crew.

FyreWulff

Also reminder: if any of you out there are picking up the Rivals Guitar bundle, they all come with a voucher for Harmonix to send you a free microphone. Pre order not required for that.

pacman85

So I guess the 2 Amazon pre-order bonus DLC songs are coming out next week with Cheap Thrills and Closer? Well at least next week's DLC won't be a complete bust then...

opoth

Banned
In case there is any opening you can count me in

XBox GT
Yesdroid29

I forgot to post, by I'm on XBox, GT: Petey Kirch

I play mainly Expert Guitar/Bass

I may as well fill out the backbench on the second Xbox team.

Expert bass player first and foremost. But can play Expert guitar too.

Edited my post and added you as friends. Nice to see some expert level players in the second crew. I mostly play Hard/Expert guitar and bass.

komarkaze

I'm starting to get hyped about my Rivals preorder, even though I don't fully understand all the new features. I just care about my new instruments, new songs and impending online.

I play Hard/Expert guitar/bass, drums and vocals.

zulux21

DLC for this week

$1.99 a piece, or $15.99 for the pack

Also, another DLC sale, this time for everyone on Xbox and Playstation

guess I gotta decide if I want them now...

*decides to preorder*

new campaign looks like it could be amusing enough.

little sad Maroon 5 "One More Night" and Matchbox 20 "3AM" aren't on the dlc this week though.

not sure if I want them, but I really hope they don't stay physical preorder only for a while.

I wonder if crews have to be on different teams to compete, or if you can be on the same team, but still compete against each other anyway? So much we don't know.

MrNelson

Banned
I wonder if crews have to be on different teams to compete, or if you can be on the same team, but still compete against each other anyway? So much we don't know.
Are Team Analogue and Team Digital even a thing for everyone? I just thought they were example crews for the guys at HMX to show off and build hype for Rivals.

opoth

Banned
I guess I'll just name the first crew as RB GAF Crew? I dunno. Anybody got suggestions?

FyreWulff suggested "Board B Sides" for the second XB1 crew

I think it would be a cool idea to have names for both XB1 crews that vaguely reference each other, like GAF A Sides and GAF B Sides, something like that. Then again, there very well could be a third crew that gets off the ground once Rivals is out, so who knows...

I'm still pretty indecisive on a name so I'm definitely open to more suggestions to think about.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Might as well XBO backbench for me as well: Hupfen

Mostly X Guitar/Bass since I seem to avoid drums lately between being in an apartment and having a rabbit roaming around. I can drum pretty well, though.

Are Team Analogue and Team Digital even a thing for everyone? I just thought they were example crews for the guys at HMX to show off and build hype for Rivals.

According to this screenshot it looks to be a thing:

nPCe6ek.jpg

FyreWulff suggested "Board B Sides" for the second XB1 crew

I think it would be a cool idea to have names for both XB1 crews that vaguely reference each other, like GAF A Sides and GAF B Sides, something like that. Then again, there very well could be a third crew that gets off the ground once Rivals is out, so who knows...

I'm still pretty indecisive on a name so I'm definitely open to more suggestions to think about.

I actually like GAF A Sides.

According to this screenshot it looks to be a thing:

There will be a 7 hour stream today so hopefully we find out some more info today.

opoth

Banned
RegularGerg. Add me please!

Sorry you just missed it! If there's anyone on the second crew who doesn't think that they'll be playing the game in the near term (say, within the next couple of weeks, I understand shipping delays/other commitments, etc) let me know so we can make room for active players.

It sounds like there's enough interest to go into this with 2 strong crews at launch so I'm sure a 3rd XB1 crew will be a certainty if you don't think that you'll be playing soon.

Ninhead

Sorry you just missed it! If there's anyone on the second crew who doesn't think that they'll be playing the game in the near term (say, within the next couple of weeks, I understand shipping delays/other commitments, etc) let me know so we can make room for active players.

It sounds like there's enough interest to go into this with 2 strong crews at launch so I'm sure a 3rd XB1 crew will be a certainty if you don't think that you'll be playing soon.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

pacman85

You can move me out of the second crew. I can play drums on medium max, guitar/bass on hard/expert max and don't ever touch vocals. But more importantly, I don't get to play a ton so I probably won't be able to help out as much as more active players. I'll join whatever XB1 crew someone gets going for more casual players.

MrNelson

Banned
You can move me out of the second crew. I can play drums on medium max, guitar/bass on hard/expert max and don't ever touch vocals. But more importantly, I don't get to play a ton so I probably won't be able to help out as much as more active players. I'll join whatever XB1 crew someone gets going for more casual players.
You can go ahead and start a casual one up if you want to. I'm listing all the crews in the OT.

opoth

Banned

Understandable. I play at a similar skill level as you and I was expecting a range of different skill levels within the individual crews. I think it's important to have active, but not necessarily hardcore players. It does seem like the Rivals system is supposed to recognize and reward casual/frequent play as well.

I'll swap in Ninhead if you want to start your own crew or want to sleep on it for awhile. Looking forward to playing EVERYONE come December. Until then, see you on the leaderboards. :)

Edited my post and added you as friends. Nice to see some expert level players in the second crew. I mostly play Hard/Expert guitar and bass.

I'm sorry, I think i should mention that I just started playing rock band 4 last month. So I'm barely working my way up in difficulty. I can get 90%+ on medium in guitar/bass and drums but just survive enough on hard.

Bauer91

I'd like to be a part of the PS4 crew, at least for now if that's ok. PSN ID is the same as my user name. I play Expert guitar semi competitively I guess, chasing gold stars and FCs.

opoth

Banned
I'm sorry, I think i should mention that I just started playing rock band 4 last month. So I'm barely working my way up in difficulty. I can get 90%+ on medium in guitar/bass and drums but just survive enough on hard.

No worries at all. I just want to make room for people who planned on playing Rivals within the first couple of weeks or so - not trying to stack the deck with the best of the best, just looking for active players.

So I picked up the RB4 band pack with all instruments, what's the best way to get as many songs as cheaply as possible? I assume via older discs etc? Which ones are still possible to import, I didn't have any previous titles at all.

So I picked up the RB4 band pack with all instruments, what's the best way to get as many songs as cheaply as possible? I assume via older discs etc? Which ones are still possible to import, I didn't have any previous titles at all.

RB3 is the only one you can still import. You had to have played it on your account and unlocked an achievement.

RB Blitz also gives you 20 something songs for $15.

They also have a sale right now on a few packs.

RB3 is the only one you can still import. You had to have played it on your account and unlocked an achievement.

RB Blitz also gives you 20 something songs for $15.

They also have a sale right now on a few packs.

Thanks will take a look then at getting that disc. Blitz was the PSP game wasn't it?

FyreWulff

You can only export RB3, and that requires putting it into a previous gen console to register that you own it before the export is allowed.

If you can find a -new- copy of any of the track packs (Country, Metal, etc) you can redeem the code as long as it matches your console family.

Otherwise big packs and albums are your cheapest and fastest way.

Blitz exports but you also still need a last gen console to actually trigger the soundtrack download (i think)

MrNelson

Banned
Thanks will take a look then at getting that disc. Blitz was the PSP game wasn't it?
Unplugged was the PSP game, but that has no exports.

Blitz was the game on PS3 and 360 that was similar to unplugged, but not quite the same.

You can also go buy the track pack discs to get a bunch of songs for cheaper than buying individually. Just make sure you get a new copy.

Also, here's a Reddit post that has a list song packs where the cost per song is $1 or less
https://m.reddit.com/r/Rockband/com...cvssk59?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Ryanski72

Neo Member
Anyone know if the pdp ions adapter will be available in any high street stores? Visiting USA just after launch and would love to pick one up while there if possible rather than wait for ages for a uk date.

FyreWulff

Anyone know if the pdp ions adapter will be available in any high street stores? Visiting USA just after launch and would love to pick one up while there if possible rather than wait for ages for a uk date.

it's likely to be online only. your best bet is if you're staying at a hotel, you could order it and have it shipped to the hotel room.

Ninhead

Understandable. I play at a similar skill level as you and I was expecting a range of different skill levels within the individual crews. I think it's important to have active, but not necessarily hardcore players. It does seem like the Rivals system is supposed to recognize and reward casual/frequent play as well.

I'll swap in Ninhead if you want to start your own crew or want to sleep on it for awhile. Looking forward to playing EVERYONE come December. Until then, see you on the leaderboards. :)

Everything's coming up Ninhead...

Should be good for hard/ex vox and bass. Had to get rid of my drums when I moved into an apartment.

Top Bottom