• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Blitz being delisted from PSN/XBL August 28th

FyreWulff

.. or possibly sooner, and it's confirmed it's not going to be backwards compatible on the One.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5384046/#Comment_5384046

OXmwAmv.jpg

Hey everyone,

After a good gap, it's that time again. The demo and full game for Rock Band Blitz will be coming down on or before August 28th. Released in 2012 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3, it's not backwards compatible on either Xbox One or PlayStation®4(nor will it be in the future), but all 25 songs on the soundtrack can be brought over to Rock Band 4 at no additional charge. The steps for that process can be found here.

Speaking of the songs, all 25 songs featured on Rock Band Blitz were released as standard DLC after the game came out. Those versions of the songs will remain up until further notice.

Those 25 songs:

”Kids in the Street" - The All-American Rejects
”So Far Away" - Avenged Sevenfold
”One Week" - Barenaked Ladies
”Always" - Blink-182
”Shine" - Collective Soul
”I'm Still Standing" - Elton John
”A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me'" - Fall Out Boy
”These Days" - Foo Fighters
”Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster the People
”We Are Young" - Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe
”Once Bitten Twice Shy" - Great White
”Jungle Boogie" - Kool & The Gang
”The Wicker Man" - Iron Maiden
”Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" - Kelly Clarkson
”Cult of Personality" - Living Colour
”Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5
”Sing" - My Chemical Romance
”Raise Your Glass" - P!nk
”Death on Two Legs" - Queen
”Metal Health (Bang Your Head)" - Quiet Riot
”Give It Away" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
”Jessie's Girl" - Rick Springfield
”Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" - Shinedown
”Spoonman" - Soundgarden
”Shout" - Tears for Fears

The servers will remain up and operational.

I'm actually a bit sad about this. Blitz was my favorite sidegame of theirs.. played tons of it.

edit: if you've ever bought any Rock Band DLC on PS3/360, it's compatible with Blitz, outside of the 2 songs that RB3 couldn't load due to licensing, that block carries over to Blitz.

Ridley327

I assume that this also means that the export pack for the game will no longer be available as well? I know that doesn't matter as much for this game since I think that the vast majority of the track list (maybe all of it?) was released as singles for the game, but this was a hell of a deal for how many well-known tracks you got.

flkraven

I wish they released another, smaller, controller based rhythm game. Blitz was my favorite rock band, since I'm not about that instrument life.

FyreWulff

I assume that this also means that the export pack for the game will no longer be available as well? I know that doesn't matter as much for this game since I think that the vast majority of the track list (maybe all of it?) was released as singles for the game, but this was a hell of a deal for how many well-known tracks you got.

As long as you buy Blitz before the delist the export will continue to work. Afterwards yeah you have to buy all the songs as singles.

5 years for music licenses sounds about right.

I'd love them to port or make a sequel to Blitz so I can use my Rock Band 4 DLC. The game was a great way to listen to the music without having to set up the plastic instruments.

MrNelson

Banned
There are a lot of games I can't find on store shelves any more so the physical future isn't much brighter.
But I can still buy a game that was released physically through eBay or retro game shops.

I can't buy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game anywhere now.

There are a lot of games I can't find on store shelves any more so the physical future isn't much brighter.

Game still plays and can be redownloaded.

Good luck finding rare delisted physical games. Same situation.

You know this isn't true though. You can always get those physical games used and they will play just fine on your console.

If you want to buy Rock Band Blitz next year, well there's no way of doing so.

Blitz was amazing. It's good that they're keeping the servers up, as the power ups were tied to that if I remember correctly.

Tambini

Game still plays and can be redownloaded.

Good luck finding rare delisted physical games. Same situation.

Well you have to pay a premium on ebay to get a rare physical game, if you never bought a delisted digital only game you can't play it full stop

But I can still buy a game that was released physically through eBay or retro game shops.

I can't buy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game anywhere now.

Just what I was about to say. At least with older physical media you can probably obtain it through other suppliers or sellers. Shit out of luck if a digital only game dissapears and you hadn't bought it in the past.

FyreWulff

Yeah, it sorta sucks that Rock Band Blitz is the only Rock Band game we can't preserve with a disc. All other Rock Bands are still available as discs.

Ridley327

What's Rock Band Blitz? I honestly didn't know of this.

It's kind of a Rock Band take on Frequency/Amplitude. It's nowhere nearly as challenging or intricate, but that should give you an idea of what they're going for with it. It was also another way to enjoy your DLC library, since all tracks were compatible with the game, including RBN tracks.

FyreWulff

What's Rock Band Blitz? I honestly didn't know of this.

controller based music game, in the vein of Amplitude/Frequency (which they also made) but way more arcade-y and not about putting tracks together.

Sprode (Amplitude version here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yff1Jhw7T_8

Some more of my favorite runs in Blitz

The Hand that Feeds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNaA-rKsijY

Born This Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1dqai_4-78

Boom (which was also in Amplitude as a remix here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3Fh2WaQog

xzeldax3

Blitz is super fun and incredible because it gives you an entire new way to use Rock Band DLC. I just with the Rock Band World Facebook app was still alive.

You know this isn't true though. You can always get those physical games used and they will play just fine on your console.

If you want to buy Rock Band Blitz next year, well there's no way of doing so.

Well you have to pay a premium on ebay to get a rare physical game, if you never bought a delisted digital only game you can't play it full stop

People sell accounts / consoles with the digital license attached. Not convenient, but it's something.

Bridges

Fantastic game, ended up being one of my most played XBLA games last gen.

For anyone that plays Rock Band 4 or intends to pick it up in the future, buying this game will net you all 25 songs on its soundtrack in RB3 and 4, which is a steal compared to normal DLC pricing.

If I buy this on PS3 but don't have access to my PS4 to do the license transfer to RB4 will I still be able to do so a couple months down the road?

Storm360

If I buy this on PS3 but don't have access to my PS4 to do the license transfer to RB4 will I still be able to do so a couple months down the road?

You can do the export without a PS4. See here for instructions https://harmonix.zendesk.com/hc/en-...-Rock-Band-Blitz-soundtrack-into-Rock-Band-4-

Basically you want to download the game to a PS3, start the soundtrack download then search the PS4 store (using the web store) for the blitz export and claim it.

FYI the export itself should not be getting pulled, it's the ability to buy the game that is.

FyreWulff

Also note right now on 360 there seems to be a glitch where the soundtrack download comes up as 99$ after buying the base game. Do not attempt to buy it, it will charge 99$, they're waiting for MS to fix it. You'll be okay as long as you've already bought the base game.

Minamu

Thanks for this thread, I started downloading the songs today. I also found a free Iron Maiden pack on the ps3 store, is that right or is that an older purchase of mine? :lol I saw a lot of songs/packs without a cost, or where I could choose between paying and not, but the free download wasn't available, what's up with that?

FyreWulff

Thanks for this thread, I started downloading the songs today. I also found a free Iron Maiden pack on the ps3 store, is that right or is that an older purchase of mine? :lol I saw a lot of songs/packs without a cost, or where I could choose between paying and not, but the free download wasn't available, what's up with that?

that must have been one you bought already, there's no known free maiden pack.

Minamu

that must have been one you bought already, there's no known free maiden pack.
I remember buying a compilation album a long time ago but this one was much smaller, I don't recognize having played the songs but I guess I must've bought them some time. Strange how they weren't installed already though, my small 40GB HDD is pretty much dedicated to old RB song packs and nothing else xD

FyreWulff

Reminder: at most two days left!

Also, an update on the Xbox situation:

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/283025/rock-band-blitz-xbox-360-price-error

tl;dr when HMX made the soundtrack visible on web so you could get it without a 360, MS's system made the soundtrack automatically cost 99$. Do not proceed, as you will actually be charged 99$. Buy the base game now and you'll be 100% in the clear, you'll just have to sit tight if you don't have a 360 for a while.

Syriel

digital future baby.

No different than other games that you can no longer buy.

Not like it'll get blasted from my hard drive or removed from the XBL servers.

Reminder: at most two days left!

Also, an update on the Xbox situation:

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/283025/rock-band-blitz-xbox-360-price-error

tl;dr when HMX made the soundtrack visible on web so you could get it without a 360, MS's system made the soundtrack automatically cost 99$. Do not proceed, as you will actually be charged 99$. Buy the base game now and you'll be 100% in the clear, you'll just have to sit tight if you don't have a 360 for a while.

If anyone doesn't have a 360 and needs someone to run an export, feel free to give a shout. Happy to help.

Cheddahz

Banned
highly recommend picking this up just for the songs alone (cheaper to buy the game to get all of the songs than to buy them separately)! the game itself is great and it's a shame it won't ever become backwards compatible

Syriel

highly recommend picking this up just for the songs alone (cheaper to buy the game to get all of the songs than to buy them separately)! the game itself is great and it's a shame it won't ever become backwards compatible

This.

It's $15 for the game + song bundle.

It's $50 for all the songs as singles.

Think of it as a $15 song pack, w/a free game included.

So wait.

I'm grabbing the demo right now but

Let's say I do that

and then buy the song DLC for a few songs

would that song be playable in the demo or do I have to buy the whole thing?

FyreWulff

So wait.

I'm grabbing the demo right now but

Let's say I do that

and then buy the song DLC for a few songs

would that song be playable in the demo or do I have to buy the whole thing?

you have to buy the fulll game to play DLC songs in it. Don't wait, because Blitz can actually pulled at any moment.

edit: you do NOT have to download the Blitz soundtrack to play the DLC songs once you own the full version, you can wait for Harmonix to fix that and play DLC.

Top Bottom