• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

We need to wake Harmonix up inside. Save them from the nothing they've become.
Nice. Seriously though, I don't mind the garbage DLC lately since I am way behind. I haven't even bought the Coldplay songs I want yet. With that said, it would be nice to finally get more Radiohead or Muse at some point... some day.

Magnus

Man, I used to play this game all the time at release and well into RB2's life. I had no idea the game was still receiving support and DLC at such a regular rate! Awesome!

Better still, I heard my favorite band, Nightwish, is charting well on the request list (within the RBI app apparently?). Oh man, the day that DLC ever becomes available is the day I drop whatever game I'm playing and immediately hook my instruments up again.

FyreWulff

Was hoping they'd put some Elton John DLC at some point. I guess keys aren't popular enough for them to bother.

He might want to be disc only.. you can get Crocodile Rock via exporting Lego Rock Band, but no keys on that.

I imagine it's coming eventually. Probably around a big tour or album release.

jgkspsx

I haven't bought any new releases forever. To give them some money I went back and bought every Beatles song I might possibly want to sing, play, or watch.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I haven't bought any new releases forever. To give them some money I went back and bought every Beatles song I might possibly want to sing, play, or watch.
I actually did the same. I get 1600MSP in $2 point codes for each RBN song I get out, and even after giving a bunch away I had such a surplus I just shrugged and got all the Beatles DLC.

FyreWulff

I wonder how many people actually bought Beatles singles (that aren't on Wii). There's really no point with such a fixed amount of DLC for it.

jgkspsx

I wonder how many people actually bought Beatles singles (that aren't on Wii). There's really no point with such a fixed amount of DLC for it.
I did for Rubber Soul because I never want to hear, play, or watch Run for Your Life. And I don't care much for The Word.

Accoun

Visions (someone had to ;-))

And maybe some Avenged Sevenfold (I remember Bat Country being quite nice on GH drums, haven't tried RB ones)
The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails
Snow ((Hey Oh)) by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Conquer All by Behemoth
Mastodon
...And Justice For All songs

Anything by Rush
Anything by Dream Theater

Haven't played for a good while, but anyway...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Checked ScoreHero (I know, I'm surprised it's alive)

Raining Blood (with pro)
South of Heaven
Seasons in the Abyss

Inb4Where'sAngelofDeath

Ridley327

The ending of Raining Blood on Pro guitar is going to be interesting, to say the least.

Pleasantly surprised they went with their two big slow songs, as they're among the Slayer tracks that I can stand to listen to more than once in a while (along with most of Show No Mercy, oddly enough).

tmarques

I'd be happy with that. The 80s stuff has been great. More, please.

I'd love some Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bangles, Cyndi Lauper, etc. And more Blondie. In fact, I'm surprised Michael Jackson and Madonna in particular haven't appeared - I'm guessing $$$ is an issue?

Ridley327

thanks Satan for small miracles.

Thank Pro guitar, I suppose; it doesn't handle anything with whammies, so playing a section that's pretty much nothing but excessive whammy cranking doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as demonstrated by Rebel Yell's guitar solo.

Pyccko

Today I dust off my Pro Drums: someone can give me a few band names/songs fun to play on It?

Kool Thing by Sonic Youth is super fun, lots of rolls, good stuff.
Love Spreads by the Stone Roses is great for some semi-complex hand/foot stuff.
Funk 49 by the James Gang is pretty rad with a fun solo.
Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult is... well, it's Godzilla. C'mon.

Just saw this come across my Facebook feed. Less Than Jake will have TWO songs coming via the Rock Band Network soon. The songs are off their last two EPs. They are "Goodbye, Mr. Personality" (in Playtesting) and "Younger Lungs" (in Peer Review). From what I understand as an LTJ super-fan, they may or may not have full rights to all of their older songs. So I wouldn't hold your breath on getting anything from before GNV FLA (their last album, which was self-released, and which is also totally awesome).

Thanks for the heads up Striker. Will definitely pick those up when they come out. I was just listening to Losing Streak this morning. Would love to have that album in Rock Band, but as you said, it probably won't happen.

Thanks for the heads up Striker. Will definitely pick those up when they come out. I was just listening to Losing Streak this morning. Would love to have that album in Rock Band, but as you said, it probably won't happen.

I hold out a thin bit of hope since they have been able to re-release Losing Streak and Hello Rockview under their own label with bonus content in the past few years. Borders & Boundaries was put out on Fat Wreck and I bet they still have some of those rights since it is an indie punk label and they are personal friends with Fat Mike. But Anthem and In With the Out Crowd are both under Warner so they are probably fucked on those (I'm sure they own the song rights, but Warner would be doing the licensing on those and would get all the money).

woodypop

I'd love some Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bangles, Cyndi Lauper, etc. And more Blondie. In fact, I'm surprised Michael Jackson and Madonna in particular haven't appeared - I'm guessing $$$ is an issue?
Yeah, I'd like the same. Would really like some classic Prince.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm still bummed about HMX not mapping two bass pedals properly.

I tried playing pro drums over the weekend but I think all my cymbals are double-hitting.

Hop

Totally forgot to post the recent RBN releases:

Classical

Magnefora - "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Bach)" (80 MSP)

Classic Rock

The Buffalo Joe Band - "Our Time" (80 MSP)

Grunge

The Mercy House - "Greed" (80 MSP)

Metal

Anarchy Club - "A Bullet in the Head" (160 MSP)

Punk

Close Your Eyes - "Song For the Broken" (160 MSP)
Close Your Eyes - "Valleys" (160 MSP)
Single White Infidel - "What's Left of the Right Brain?" (80 MSP)

Rock

Seven Day Sonnet - "Hapless" (160 MSP)
The Bitter Roots - "Me and You" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/10/2012 (North America)

Powerman 5000 - "Super Villain"($1.99) - Nu-Metal
Powerman 5000 - "Time Bomb" ($1.99) - Nu-Metal
Jonathan Coulton - "Good Morning Tucson" ($1.99) - Rock
Jonathan Coulton - "The Stache" ($1.99) - Rock
Amberian Dawn - "Talisman" ($1.99) - Metal

And other DLC news nobody will care about, the Wii part of the DLC delays wound up not even really happening. So unless you're on PS3 in Europe, all DLC will be releasing as expected.

Hop

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 4/12/2012:

Metal
Charlie Drown - "Love Dragons" (160 MSP)
Kandia - "Into Your Hands" (160 MSP)

Novelty
Weebl's Stuff - "Amazing Horse" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Mada - "Sleek Peak" (80 MSP)

Prog
Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie - "No Holy Man" (80 MSP)
Mystakin - "Heroism" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska
Less Than Jake - "Younger Lungs" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/17/2012 (North America):

Powerman 5000 - "Do Your Thing" ($1.99) - Nu-Metal
Rishloo - "Scissorlips" ($0.99) - Prog
Sunny Side Up - "Welcome to the Skalocaust" ($0.99) - Reggae/Ska
Anarchy Club - "King of Everything" ($0.99) - Metal
Anarchy Club - "Für Immer Verloren" ($0.99) - Metal

Woo, Less Than Jake. And pseudo-Dream Theater.

Hop

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (April 17th, 2012):

• P!nk – “Get the Party Started” O X
• P!nk – “Sober” O
• P!nk – “Please Don’t Leave Me” O
• P!nk – “Funhouse” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$6.99 (560 Microsoft Points™, 700 Wii Points™) for “P!nk Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™ , 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™ , 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Well, it's not shitty post-grunge, gotta give it that.

Valnen

They don't even care anymore. Evanescence? LOL

Uhh, a lot of people love that band.

This is why I hate Rock Band threads. People acting like their musical taste is the word of god or something. (And yes I know that's an old post, but this attitude never changes so my reply still counts)

Uhh, a lot of people love that band.

This is why I hate Rock Band threads. People acting like their musical taste is the word of god or something. (And yes I know that's an old post, but this attitude never changes so my reply still counts)

Stop reading them then. Problem solved :)

Top Bottom