• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

BigBlackGamer said:
oh forgot to say I FC'd Helter Skelter on drums. suck it down. also did all the beatles beats on drums which is harder then RB2.

21b0gg2.jpg

XShagrath

bounchfx said:
even if it is 60, it'll be 40 within a week just like EVERY OTHER GAME these days. It's insane. Hell, even left 4 dead 2 was on sale for 18$ last week. games are losing value so fast these days it's ridiculous.

or, you can buy it, export, and resell the game to someone who doesnt care about exports.. :p
Are you confirmed for PAX?

Natakuu

Banned
bounchfx said:
even if it is 60, it'll be 40 within a week just like EVERY OTHER GAME these days. It's insane. Hell, even left 4 dead 2 was on sale for 18$ last week. games are losing value so fast these days it's ridiculous.

or, you can buy it, export, and resell the game to someone who doesnt care about exports.. :p
Yeah, if I can find a good deal on it then I'll probably do that instead. I managed to buy L:RB day one for $25 and sold it for $30 after going through the game and exporting:lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Prawntoast said:
It's not amazing but well worth a pop at $10.
It is mostly a time investment thing. My vidya time is split between HoN and AC2 right now (and potentially Rock Band when HMX gets their head out of their asses and puts up some decent DLC)

Nisa65

birdman said:
Everyone knows the best Tim Burton movie is Beetlejuice anyway.

Ed Wood says otherwise.

I've enjoyed everything Burton has done up to and including Sleepy Hollow but his style is seriously played out at this point. Every time I see images from Alice in Wonderland I want to stab my eyes out.

It's kinda like a goth/emo Blue Notes, with tons of bondage pants. It's like trendy stuff for people who think they are not being trendy because it's not the "normal" trendy. Thats realy exactly what it is.

But like I said Hot Topic does have some pretty kickass movie/tv/band shirts/hoodies that I would wear.(sarcasm) Because when I wear a Tarantino shirt I'm not being trendy, I'm original (/sarcasm)

This Detox place must be new in the last 5 years, kinda miss Canada every now and again. And then I remember how much everything costs :lol

Yeah they have some good shirts in there, but they get whored out and your favorite bands blow up and you sit in a corner and shout, I knew about them before you, while no one cares/listens. I've been there at least one million times.

Ashour

PhatPhucGabe said:
If you are collecting, sign up for the Rewards site. They gave away free Blu Rays to members last year for their birthdays. I got Enchanted for $2.99 shipping.
I did but they never sent me anything, Bastardes. I used to redeem my codes in 2007 but when I stopped for a while they sent me an email telling me my points will expire if I don't use them soon. so I now save my codes until I have enough of points to get what I want then I'll redeem them all at once.

ravien56 said:
I thought we were buddies Terror, sharing Dj Hero DLC and everything. You dissed Mad Men yesterday and today Corpse Bride. What's wrong with the movie?
It's one of Tim's weakest movies.

Ashour

ravien56 said:
Keep watching it, it's so good. Also, have you seen Nightmare before Christmas? I bet you hate that too.
Nightmare sucks. I like other Tim movies and Nightmare isn't one of them.

PhatPhucGabe said:
Visuals aside, all it has going for it is some cute gags.
Totally.

XShagrath

This is what was said in the Revolting Cocks thread over on RBN about the content.

HMX and MTV Games requested and authorized this song themselves so I don't believe there should be any issues over whether or not the band is eligible.

I don't know how this will hold up during the HMX/MS quarantine. HMX might be okay with it, but MS might not be. I guess we'll see what happens. I guess there's a lot of questionable content during the Spanish sections of the lyrics as well.

Ashour

Archie said:
Gamefly has that new Wolverine game for $10. I'm seriously thinking about that.
I like this game, I enjoyed it and finished it twice. I got it for $21 after 2 weeks of release so that helped :D

ravien56

Terrordactyl said:
It's kinda like a goth/emo Blue Notes, with tons of bondage pants. It's like trendy stuff for people who think they are not being trendy because it's not the "normal" trendy. Thats realy exactly what it is.

But like I said Hot Topic does have some pretty kickass movie/tv/band shirts/hoodies that I would wear.(sarcasm) Because when I wear a Tarantino shirt I'm not being trendy, I'm original (/sarcasm)

This Detox place must be new in the last 5 years, kinda miss Canada every now and again. And then I remember how much everything costs :lol
I know food is super cheap in America...not sure about everything else. Minimum Wage in Ontario is $9.50 though.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
XShagrath said:
This is what was said in the Revolting Cocks thread over on RBN about the content.

I don't know how this will hold up during the HMX/MS quarantine. HMX might be okay with it, but MS might not be. I guess we'll see what happens. I guess there's a lot of questionable content during the Spanish sections of the lyrics as well.

Yea, that seems... odd. From my experiences with labels/management, though, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a misunderstanding on their end as to what could and couldn't be done.

ravien56

birdman said:
He makes a valid point. Almost everyone was quick to forget about the whole pedophilia thing when he died.
O man how right you are, I pointed this shit out to all my friends when it happened. It just seems inappropriate to say he's burning in hell for doing it.

ravien56 said:
O man how right you are, I pointed this shit out to all my friends when it happened. It just seems inappropriate to say he's burning in hell for doing it.

It'd be more inappropriate to say he's sunning himself in Florida.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
PR Time:

New York, NY – February 4, 2010 – MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced that a special recording of the performance The Who plans to play during the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show will be made available following the game to purchase, download and play in the groundbreaking music video game, Rock Band. “The Who Super Bowl S-mashup” will be available in theRock Band Music Store immediately after the game on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Wii console from Nintendo and coming soon to PlayStation®3.

Scheduled to headline the halftime show during the Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints Super Bowl showdown at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida on Sunday, February 7, The Who have commemorated this historic event by recording a special version of the performance they plan to play at the game. Tune in to see the prolific live halftime performance by The Who and then after the game, buy and play the specially recorded version in Rock Band!

“The Who Super Bowl S-mashup”

o Price: $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360)

“The Who Super Bowl S-mashup” joins 15 previously released tracks available in theRock Band music library (Press Release Link), from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees. Those songs include “Won’t Get Fooled Again” featured on the original Rock Band disc and “Pinball Wizard” featured on the Rock Band 2 disc, as well as “Amazing Journey,” “Baba O’Riley,” “Behind Blue Eyes,” “Eminence Front,” “Going Mobile,” “Leaving Here,” “Magic Bus,” “My Generation,” “Real Good Looking Boy,” “Sea and Sand,” “Summertime Blues,” “Who Are You” and “Young Man Blues,” all released as downloadable content in the Rock Band Music Store.

Rock Band continues to satisfy music fans’ and gamers' voracious appetite for rock with more than 1000 songs available to play via disc and download as well as 60 million paid song downloads since its launch Nov. 20, 2007. The Rock Band Music Store allows players to preview and purchase downloadable individual music tracks, packs and albums from the vast selection of offerings available to date without ever leaving the game as they build their own custom Rock Band library.

Rock Band 2 is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Wii system. Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii versions support downloadable content.

Rock Band and Rock Band 2 are rated "T" for Teen (lyrics, suggestive themes) by the ESRB. Music downloads are not rated by the ESRB.

For more information on Rock Band 2 and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com and www.harmonixmusic.com.

birdman

Rewrite said:
PR Time:
New York, NY – February 4, 2010 – MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced that a special recording of the performance The Who plans to play during the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show will be made available following the game to purchase, download and play in the groundbreaking music video game, Rock Band. “The Who Super Bowl S-mashup” will be available in theRock Band Music Store immediately after the game on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Wii console from Nintendo and coming soon to PlayStation®3.

Scheduled to headline the halftime show during the Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints Super Bowl showdown at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida on Sunday, February 7, The Who have commemorated this historic event by recording a special version of the performance they plan to play at the game. Tune in to see the prolific live halftime performance by The Who and then after the game, buy and play the specially recorded version in Rock Band!

“The Who Super Bowl S-mashup”

o Price: $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360)

“The Who Super Bowl S-mashup” joins 15 previously released tracks available in theRock Band music library (Press Release Link), from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees. Those songs include “Won’t Get Fooled Again” featured on the original Rock Band disc and “Pinball Wizard” featured on the Rock Band 2 disc, as well as “Amazing Journey,” “Baba O’Riley,” “Behind Blue Eyes,” “Eminence Front,” “Going Mobile,” “Leaving Here,” “Magic Bus,” “My Generation,” “Real Good Looking Boy,” “Sea and Sand,” “Summertime Blues,” “Who Are You” and “Young Man Blues,” all released as downloadable content in the Rock Band Music Store.

Rock Band continues to satisfy music fans’ and gamers' voracious appetite for rock with more than 1000 songs available to play via disc and download as well as 60 million paid song downloads since its launch Nov. 20, 2007. The Rock Band Music Store allows players to preview and purchase downloadable individual music tracks, packs and albums from the vast selection of offerings available to date without ever leaving the game as they build their own custom Rock Band library.

Rock Band 2 is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Wii system. Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii versions support downloadable content.

Rock Band and Rock Band 2 are rated "T" for Teen (lyrics, suggestive themes) by the ESRB. Music downloads are not rated by the ESRB.

For more information on Rock Band 2 and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com and www.harmonixmusic.com.

If that ain't Thursday I'm gonna kill a bitch.

XShagrath

Sucks that it's not going to be available until after the game. That's gonna be like 11pm!

It has to be Thursday. How can the Wii get it immediately also?
Because HMX hates the PS3?

Because the PS3 sucks for DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom