• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Good job on the OT.
therearedozensofus.gif

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Here's hoping for a more positive year 2 for SCEE rockers. For starters, don't fuck up the Rivals launch, please.

Great OT! It's coming out at such a busy time but I can always find time to rock... and drink

Edit: Do we have a date yet for the wired adapter?

I want to import Green Day Rock Band but I know it's unavailable. That game (and Beatles) were so perfect at depicting the band with everything from animations to menu design.

I assume the DLC is just the songs played with random vanilla characters?

MrNelson

Banned
I want to import Green Day Rock Band but I know it's unavailable. That game (and Beatles) were so perfect at depicting the band with everything from animations to menu design.

I assume the DLC is just the songs played with random vanilla characters?

That's how it is in any game outside Green Day Rock Band. You only play as the band members in said game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope the new Rock Shop items finally include a Lemmy hat.

ascii42

Although I'm glad to have been able to finally play Pro Drums (previously was using RB1 drum kit), man I wish I could have known to wait for this drum set instead of getting the RB4 band in a box at launch.

Bauer91

Surprisingly this is out now in SCEE territories, just bought the bundle with the game. So hyped for this, I've been waiting for Rivals to finally jump in.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Surprisingly this is out now in SCEE territories, just bought the bundle with the game. So hyped for this, I've been waiting for Rivals to finally jump in.
Oh snap! I won't be able to play tonight, but glad to hear it's working.

XaosWolf

Did they ever add more body and face types?

If not then why would I want a documentary starring a bunch of people who look nothing like me and my friends/bandmates?

Did they ever add more body and face types?

If not then why would I want a documentary starring a bunch of people who look nothing like me and my friends/bandmates?

I'm not sure if there's more faces/body types coming, but there's more rock shop items.

ViciousDS

Banned
Still pissed my launch drums are crap.

I sadly threw away all the instruments.....I was so furious and just said fuck rhythm gaming.

Maybe a few years from now PDPs set will be on sale. I had direct responses from then regarding the drums and they even had the pro players actually keep then for testing.

They definitely knew they couldn't fuck this up like mad cats did to the original Xbox one set

Hmmm, the only track in this expansion pack that I want is Matchbox 20's 3AM which seems to be a US only pre-order bonus.

Been looking for an excuse to crack out my guitar and drums again but I'm not sure this is it. Might wait to see if it ever goes on sale.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yeaaaaaa boiiiii downloading now. Everything's there! Can't say I expected that from SCEE.
My heart sank for a moment, because since I'm going digital, I deleted my old install, and for a moment there I thought it deleted all DLC as well (because the store says RB4 is something like 4gb). But Gay Bar and all the other stuff is still there. and oh shit it did. Gotta re-download all DLC.

Edit: Matchbox Twenty and Maroon 5 are up on EU PSN as well. Now I'm curious how many of these new songs actually use stems.

MrNelson

Banned
Hmmm, the only track in this expansion pack that I want is Matchbox 20's 3AM which seems to be a US only pre-order bonus.

Been looking for an excuse to crack out my guitar and drums again but I'm not sure this is it. Might wait to see if it ever goes on sale.

I'll add this to the OP, but all of the pre-order bonus songs will be available for sale as DLC. The 10 that all pre-orders get will be out tomorrow for $1.99 a piece or $15.99 for all 10. The other two (3 AM and One More Night) should be available in the next few weeks (odds are next week).

Also, they aren't US only, everyone can get the pre-order bonus songs.

bounchfx

Fuck this shit. RB/harmonix went from one of my favorite games and companies to now me being bitter at how RB4 was handled. a year later and now this stuff is just coming out. Argh. I don't know what to feel inside. A mix of anger and hope and ojrgousfjlg

Has it been confirmed that the Xbox One wired legacy adapter enables Rock Band 1 wired instruments? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but PDP's website says this:
Exclusively compatible with Rock Band Stage Kit, Rock Band 3 Midi PRO-Adapter for Xbox 360, and the ION Drum Rocker for Xbox 360.

I know the Rock Band 1 stuff isn't the best, but the Canadian prices of the new instruments are pretty ridiculous.

Fuck this shit. RB/harmonix went from one of my favorite games and companies to now me being bitter at how RB4 was handled. a year later and now this stuff is just coming out. Argh. I don't know what to feel inside. A mix of anger and hope and ojrgousfjlg

Relax.

Has it been confirmed that the Xbox One wired legacy adapter enables Rock Band 1 wired instruments? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but PDP's website says this:

I know the Rock Band 1 stuff isn't the best, but the Canadian prices of the new instruments are pretty ridiculous.

Only supports ion kits and the fog machine.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Already preordered, let's do thissss

Ordered one of the new guitars, because I am irresponsible with my money.

Also, was anybody watching the live stream? Apparently they 'teased' some unannounced Muse DLC. Acknowledged it on their Twitter. But you can't scrub back through the livestream yet, so I can't observe the evidence.

Edit - Dug through the tweets, seems like the house band they had were playing various DLC tracks from the Rivals update, and also played "Madness". But the fact that they acknowledged it at all, kinda makes me think it's legit.

But damn, if Madness is the only new Muse song... I'll lose it.

Also, was anybody watching the live stream? Apparently they 'teased' some unannounced Muse DLC. Acknowledged it on their Twitter. But you can't scrub back through the livestream yet, so I can't observe the evidence.

Edit - Dug through the tweets, seems like the house band they had were playing various DLC tracks from the Rivals update, and also played "Madness". But the fact that they acknowledged it at all, kinda makes me think it's legit.

They did play Madness, seems kinda cruel if nothing ever comes out of it though.

BTM

Lol for real. I hope it's at least a 3 song pack. But I'll be happy with any.

whaaaaaa

Wired adapter is coming November 18th.
Thanks!

Another question: Rivals is an update and not an separate app. Will the update push @ midnight or more likely 3am?

Edit: Muse needs a "best of" album worth of tracks for RB. After all this time and memeing, it's really the only way

Top Bottom