• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROCK BAND Strat reliability thread - report in here

oneHeero

I've been following this thread since page 1. I know the new guitars sent from EA are on 2 day shipping, has anyone received them yet or have they not fully started sending them out? I havent seen anyone confirm they have received the new guitar.

DJ_Tet

Banned
derder said:
Can I still return it to BestBuy if I don't have the replacement plan?

I am about this close to returning mine as well. I've got a broken strat and I'm not at all confident that I'm going to get a working strat.

oneHeero said:
I've been following this thread since page 1. I know the new guitars sent from EA are on 2 day shipping, has anyone received them yet or have they not fully started sending them out? I havent seen anyone confirm they have received the new guitar.
According to the UPS tracking page, mine shipped out last night. It should get here tomorrow or Thursday, by the looks of it.

w0s

oneHeero said:
nope and I would love to know when they are shipping them. I should have gotten it yesterday.

I luckily found another 360 version of Rock Band at a Wal-Mart during lunch. Now I just need to cancel the RMA for my replacement PS3 guitar. Can someone post the EA support number? The whole site is blocked at work for me.

Mairu

Everything in my bundle has been fine since I picked it up on Tuesday last week. I did end up filling out the form for a replacement for the guitar just in case it decided to break over the weekend after seeing all the reports of problems, but it looks like I'll just be able to send it back because I've had no problems downstrumming and my whammy bar is fine still as well.

Mairu said:
Everything in my bundle has been fine since I picked it up on Tuesday last week. I did end up filling out the form for a replacement for the guitar just in case it decided to break over the weekend after seeing all the reports of problems, but it looks like I'll just be able to send it back because I've had no problems downstrumming and my whammy bar is fine still as well.

What do you need to fill that out, by the way? If I don't have my Amazonk receipt, can I find all the relevant info at the site?

LaneDS

Strat is nice and dead. I tried to fire through Reptilia this morning before work and failed like 15% in.

Pretty pissed off they could ship something that breaks for a ton of people in under a week. My original GH1 and GH2 bundles still work flawlessly to this day after probably a hundred hours of use.

Jube3

BenjaminBirdie said:
Kewl. I ain't doin' no express ish. I'll finish it when I get home but do they ask for a receipt or just a serial number?

Neither, Express is they email you the piece you need 2day air and it comes with a coffin. You put the piece back in the coffin and send it back. if you dont do it withing 28 days fo recieving the coffin you get charged 100.

The second option is they send you the coffin you send the part and then wait on the new piece.

Im thinking of just buying a second mic. If it doesnt ship today Ill probably do it since I really want to finish expert career (or try to) with my Gene simmons lol.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Did anyone get an email from EA? I called them on Wednesday, and they told me they would send me an email with my tracking number. They said the latest I'd get it would be on Monday.

Nightz

rohlfinator said:
Friday night (though UPS didn't list "billing info received" until early Saturday morning).
Well that sucks. I put my request through on Wednesday night (made sure to do it before Thanksgiving), and mine still says "Billing info received". Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

Tortolia

My strat had been having downstrum issues more or less from the start, and on Sunday there was a distinct snapping sound from the guitar and the whammy spring mechanism broke. UPS is still on "billing information received", but I imagine they're getting hammered this week on getting replacements sent out.

Having good luck with the drums, though. Knock on wood.

i did EXPRESS shipping on the warranty site.
does the "coffin" that EA is sending have the replacement guitar in there? or is EA waiting for me to send my broken Strat in and they send me the new one when they get my old one?

Nightz

Giant Robot said:
i did EXPRESS shipping on the warranty site.
does the "coffin" that EA is sending have the replacement guitar in there? or is EA waiting for me to send my broken Strat in and they send me the new one when they get my old one?
If you do express, they'll ship you a new guitar without you having to send yours in first. Once you get the new guitar, just stick your old one in the same box and ship it back with the label they give you.

Orlics

My guitar controller is working perfectly fine, but when I shake it around I notice a rattling sound. So I opened it up and there seemed to be no loose parts within... instead, these Xietong capacitors (?) appear to be making the sound.

http://i6.tinypic.com/8ak117s.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/86o27v6.jpg

(warning: huge pic)

What are they, and why are they making that annoying sound? It's a minor inconvenience but I'm OCD like that.

Edit: Oh it's the Overdrive sensor? Silly me.

datamage

"As sometimes happens when new products first go into manufacturing, we discovered an imperfection with the strum bar in an early production run of guitars that were shipped at launch," the representative said. "We want to inform you that we have since identified and fixed the issue in all subsequent production runs of the guitars."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183456.html

Apparently, my new guitar should be here tomorrow. (Placed the RMA on sunday...) I'm also getting a new drumkit, and although UPS still shows as Billing Information Received the actual status of it on the EA page shows as Parts Shipped. Hopefully the drumkit will be here on friday.

I also want to assume that whichever replacement guitars they are already sending out, have the issue fixed as stated above and aren't left-overs from launch.

Got my new guitar in earlier today and played for twenty minutes. Seemed much better. There was a definite difference between the new one and busted one. New one was mushier. I just need to put it through some extensive play to see how it fares.

lorddct

datamage said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183456.html

Apparently, my new guitar should be here tomorrow. (Placed the RMA on sunday...) I'm also getting a new drumkit, and although UPS still shows as Billing Information Received the actual status of it on the EA page shows as Parts Shipped. Hopefully the drumkit will be here on friday.

I also want to assume that whichever replacement guitars they are already sending out, have the issue fixed as stated above and aren't left-overs from launch.

Where did you go on EA page to find the status?

Nightz

datamage said:
I'm also getting a new drumkit, and although UPS still shows as Billing Information Received the actual status of it on the EA page shows as Parts Shipped. Hopefully the drumkit will be here on friday.
Where can you find the EA status page? I placed my order last Wednesday and UPS still shows Billing Information Received. :mad:

this is kinda of bullshit. I submitted my request LAST TUESDAY. Granted it was Thanksgiving week last week, but i'm not sure anything has been shipped out from EA.

Type: Package
Shipped To: SAN JOSE, CA, US
Service: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 6.50 Lbs

EA Redwood City, CA is only 25 minutes away from me! I would have just gone to headquarters and picked it up myself if that was an option.

Nightz

So I gave EA support 2 calls today asking about why my replacement guitar hadn't shipped yet even though I placed the order last Wednesday.

The first guy was from India and he did a lot of paper shuffling and whatnot, then tells me that my guitar had already shipped. I told him that UPS still says "Billing Info Received", and he says to contact them about it. So I do, and UPS tells me that they haven't gotten the package yet and to call EA back and ask when they shipped it.

I call EA a second time, and this time it was a guy from the US. I give him the story and my rma number and he checks on the status. He comes back and tells me that my guitar is still in the warehouse and hasn't shipped yet. So I was thinking to myself, "WTF". I ask him why it hasn't shipped, when other people who placed their orders on Sunday already have their replacement instruments, and he tells me that it was because they received a lot of requests on or around Thanskgiving and those got backed up. He then told me that all those requests got batched up and are still being processed. So in short, I placed my order early so I get the shaft. Thank you EA.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Giant Robot said:
this is kinda of bullshit. I submitted my request LAST TUESDAY. Granted it was Thanksgiving week last week, but i'm not sure anything has been shipped out from EA.

Shipped To: SAN JOSE, CA, US

EA Redwood City, CA is only 25 minutes away from me! I would have just gone to headquarters and picked it up myself if that was an option.

Heh, I'm in San Jose too....but they're shipping from Louisville for some reason.

.hacked

Nightz said:
So I gave EA support 2 calls today asking about why my replacement guitar hadn't shipped yet even though I placed the order last Wednesday.

The first guy was from India and he did a lot of paper shuffling and whatnot, then tells me that my guitar had already shipped. I told him that UPS still says "Billing Info Received", and he says to contact them about it. So I do, and UPS tells me that they haven't gotten the package yet and to call EA back and ask when they shipped it.

I call EA a second time, and this time it was a guy from the US. I give him the story and my rma number and he checks on the status. He comes back and tells me that my guitar is still in the warehouse and hasn't shipped yet. So I was thinking to myself, "WTF". I ask him why it hasn't shipped, when other people who placed their orders on Sunday already have their replacement instruments, and he tells me that it was because they received a lot of requests on or around Thanskgiving and those got backed up. He then told me that all those requests got batched up and are still being processed. So in short, I placed my order early so I get the shaft. Thank you EA.

I am going to guess this is what is going wrong with mine.

I did the web thing on Thursday morning, still no ship on the guitar yet.

BigFwoosh

My replacement Strat should be arriving today if the tracking information is to be believed. I'll post impressions and any differences I notice after I give it a good run this evening.

BigFwoosh said:
My replacement Strat should be arriving today if the tracking information is to be believed. I'll post impressions and any differences I notice after I give it a good run this evening.

Same here... I wonder if I have to sign for it or if UPS will leave at the door?

Tracking Number: XX XXX XXX XX XXXX XXX X
Rescheduled Delivery: 11/29/2007
Shipped To: LAS VEGAS, NV, US

BigFwoosh said:
Me too. For the record, I haven't received any emails confirming it, but I copied down the tracking number and UPS says it should be here today.

BigFwoosh

Game Rogue said:
Same here... I wonder if I have to sign for it or if UPS will leave at the door?

Tracking Number: XX XXX XXX XX XXXX XXX X
Rescheduled Delivery: 11/29/2007
Shipped To: LAS VEGAS, NV, US
I hope they leave it at the door, but then again some crazy hobo might take it off my doorstep before I get home. Either way, I win!

When UPS dropped it off they literally just dropped it off. And the box had a rip in the side. I hope EA doesn't mind getting it back that way.

Kintaco

I have 2 tracking numbers, since EA insisted that my first request was not in their database. Both are stuck on " Billing Information Received" and I'm afraid I'll be shipped two guitars and billed twice. I need to keep a close eye on my account.

2DMention

Banned
Well, my strat doesn't register on fast sections and misses some notes. The headset won't work on the drums or the strat. Maybe I should just take it back to Costco.

Ordered it last Wednesday. Looked it up today:

Shipped To: MIAMI, FL, US

I'm *this* close to buying GH3 just to have a decent mothereffin' guitar.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Ordered it last Wednesday. Looked it up today:

Shipped To: MIAMI, FL, US

I'm *this* close to buying GH3 just to have a decent mothereffin' guitar.

This is the same thing I have for tracking info. I called EA and the guy gave me the holiday backup story. I wish they would have shipped the earliest RMAs first since I put mine in last Wednesday. He assured me everything was fine, but didn't give me a date to expect the replacement guitar.

datamage

Where did you go on EA page to find the status?

When you go to the Rock Band Warranty page, on the left hand side, click on My Account.. then login with your EA account. Once you're in the Customer Support page, on the left hand side, under My Stuff. click on My Questions. You should see this;

ea-q.jpg

Sucks that some of you requested your stuff last week and it's still pending.

What the heck is this I just opened up my coffin and there is no pre paid shipping to send my guitar back to EA! Am I missing something here?

EDIT - the packing slip has the pre-paid thing, its not a sticker like the 360's coffin program.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Got my replacement guitar today, as well as my free Xbox 360 VIP prize from that Tropicana contest early this year. Today is a good day. :)

Whoops, looks like they tried to deliver but my roommate wasn't around at the time. I guess they are requiring a signature in some places.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
futnownarcade said:
What the heck is this I just opened up my coffin and there is no pre paid shipping to send my guitar back to EA! Am I missing something here?

It should be on the packing slip.

I'll have to test the guitar out tonight.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Cornballer said:
Did you compare the old one with the new one? I'm curious if they made any noticeable changes, or if the fixes are internal.

I havent opened it yet, gotta jet in a few minutes but I'll definitely compare them when I get back and do a test run

Wario64- When did you submit your warranty request?

Here's the email between me and EA regarding Warranty replacement:

I submitted my request last week. Granted it was Thanksgiving, but where the heck is my replacement? UPS tracking info still says "Bills Received" It's been more than a week. This is the worst reliability issue I've ever experienced in my 22 years of gaming. I paid $180 + for this package in time for the Thanksgiving holidays only to have it break on my after a few hours of play on the guitar. This makes me extremely frustrated with EA's quality assurance.

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts. I'm sorry that you’re having difficulties with Rockband.

If the UPS tracking information says “billing information received”, this means the package has not yet left the warehouse. We are doing everything we can to get replacements sent out to customers as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any delay caused by the holidays. Please check the UPS site for any updates to the shipping status.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Thanks!

Jeff
Electronic Arts Customer Support

what a bunch of fucking clown shoes.

Top Bottom