• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League 2nd Anniversary Update Patch Notes.Patch Notes

Another RL update, another slew of people hating on cosmetic microtransactions. Didn't know XB1 players can't trade for keys tho, that's a bummer.

Some of those patch notes looked interesting, also excited to see how breakout feels after the update, been on the bat mobile forever it feels like

Trace

Banned
GotY of all years continues to be the GOAT.

Also anyone complaining about the microtransaction model can fuck off, they continue to support the game with great shit, they deserve some cash.

I wonder if this update will fix my screwed up stats, locked Achievement, and ability to only play on EU servers for some reason. Haven't touched the game in a good two months or so because of this and it hurts because I love this game. Here's hoping.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Have they fixed their absolutely trash servers yet?

I'm sick to death of all the lag.

AcridMeat

Banned
So they really have completely stopped putting out cars for $2 each? God damn it Psyonix. :(

I don't know why I thought they would be available for 2 bucks each, when they've done this for the last couple but fuck this sucks. I really dislike having to deal with the trading market just for body styles (they're all I really care about.)

I was totally happy giving them $2-4 every few months for cars.

v1lla21

So they really have completely stopped putting out cars for $2 each? God damn it Psyonix. :(

I don't know why I thought they would be available for 2 bucks each, when they've done this for the last couple but fuck this sucks. I really dislike having to deal with the trading market just for body styles (they're all I really care about.)

Same. I have horrible luck with crates :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Same. I have horrible luck with crates :(
It's this in particular that is really gross practice.

I can look past lottery packs because you can choose to engage or not, but they had a precident set that cars would still be piece meal. It's sad to see them go back on that. Just doesn't make sense to me when they've had so much good will for so long.

Got Mr. PBH topper for my first drop.

i1wJfYs.jpg

angelic

Banned
New menu sucks, used to me a nice mini selection screen to pick a match...now it has browser esque tabs to L and R button through and hit OPTION to start search..the least comfortable most awkward button on the ps4 pad. Game feels different too, with everyones individual goal explosions, everyone using the purple common one for now.

I like how the game is a constant evolving thing, but at the same time it keeps changing good things and is becoming a bit of a patchwork of weird shit. Like the new toppers suck, I love RnM but theyre badly drawn in this, the new boosts like the water one are super ugly, people dress up their cars to be as awful as possible. Its like a COD game or something at the end of its life, where everyone is running around in gingerbread suits, but x10.

nbraun80

They're getting away with this and getting less flak because people like to still think of past Psyonix good rep they had before

If it was other games it would get ripped on so hard much more but Rocket League community is more accepting of this scam

Pisses me off to see another dev team turning to shit tier
This is not true at all. Most people aren't getting angry about it because it's literally on cosmetics. If it was limited time game boosts or effected game play I would be angry, but I don't mind at all if they do some loot box cosmetics.

MrPanic

New music? Does that mean I can finally listen to the soundtrack during a match or is it still only in the menu's so it has to be perma-muted because I have to turn on music of my own.

edit: Ok, I found a older blog post that addresses this. Soon™ I guess, but at least it's coming in the future.
This initial version of Rocket League Radio is a platform for us to build on in future updates. While there is no set timetable, we will eventually add even more playlists, and, yes, even the ability to play music when you're in a match.

Kodros

Yeah, this is bullshit. My kid wanted the new car and has been talking about it for weeks. I refuse to spend a ton of money on this crate scam to get a car that I use to be able to spend $2 for.

abrack08

So I'm confused about the new rank up system. I played some 2v2 competitive and was still ranking up and down within divisions as normal, and the menu still says 0/12 wins, even though I obviously won some.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Also weird that it says no placement matches anymore, yet there's a trophy in this update for completing all placement matches in a playlist?

Trace

Banned
Yeah, this is bullshit. My kid wanted the new car and has been talking about it for weeks. I refuse to spend a ton of money on this crate scam to get a car that I use to be able to spend $2 for.

You could always just trade for it with a few keys. Most of the crate items will be almost worthless in a few weeks/months anyway.

i mean, he/you should have known that the new car was coming in the crate like they have been

you'll be able to get one for a few bucks through trade in not too long anyways

You shouldn't have to trade for keys, all the good looking designs, cars, trails, explosions etc are locked behind crates now. How people can defend the fact that crate keys can't be earned in game is beyond me.

MUnited83

For you.

You don't need to spend a single cent. Sell your crates, get keys, trade.
You shouldn't have to trade for keys, all the good looking designs, cars, trails, explosions etc are locked behind crates now. How people can defend the fact that crate keys can't be earned in game is beyond me.
takes like 20 seconds

Partied up with two friends and went on a 12 gm winning streak. It was kind of amazing.

Unlocked the bronze reward already, obviously, and made it to Diamond in threes from Plat 2!

For me, the new trails are kind of weak, but can't do much else since we have boosts already.

Trace

Banned

Yea how dare they make content for their 2 year old game that isn't given to all the player base as soon as it's done! It's not like crates are worthless in this game like they are in CS:GO or Dota 2, you can trade crates around easily for a key or two.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Have they fixed their absolutely trash servers yet?

I'm sick to death of all the lag.

Massive hyperbole. Their servers are certainly not "absolute trash." If you're getting crazy lag every time you play, there might be another issue.

Sometimes, there will be a shit server. Exit and get another.

feel

Took a break from Overwatch to play this online for the first time ever today (I've only played a bit offline vs bots), and I was crying from laughter at some point from all the silly mistakes and own goals and all the sarcastic use of default chat messages. So much fun! It's such a perfect multiplayer game, can't believe I've been missing out for two years.

Took a break from Overwatch to play this online for the first time ever today (I've only played a bit offline vs bots), and I was crying from laughter at some point from all the silly mistakes and own goals and all the sarcastic use of default chat messages. So much fun! It's such a perfect multiplayer game, can't believe I've been missing out for two years.
You serious?!

You're gonna love it, then you're going to hate it. But if you stick with it and actually get better, you're going to hate loving it.

lord pie

The requirement for standard games to have a full set of players has been a bit of a disaster so far tonight. I had to sit through the 'not enough players loop' perhaps 10 times before we got a full group. It was a mess. I got to see the new map 3 times without playing it.

I'm also really, *really* unhappy about the audio changes. The dynamic volume is so stupidly aggressive now, it's very uncomfortable to play at a decent volume :/ pretty much every sound effect has the volume of other sounds drop to make it more 'punchy'. It's awful and very fatiguing.
They used to only do this in 2 channel mode (afaik) but now seems to be in 7.1 too. :/

But... The new map is damned pretty and a lot of fun, and it's still rocket league and so amazing at its core (which I've probably put 1000 hours into). I just hope they fix up these issues, in its current state in far less inclined to play. :/

Wait a week or two. They will drop in value hard. If you get a crate and trade it you can get 3 keys. The car will probably be worth 3 in a week or so.

The requirement for standard games to have a full set of players has been a bit of a disaster so far tonight. I had to sit through the 'not enough players loop' perhaps 10 times before we got a full group. It was a mess. I got to see the new map 3 times without playing it.

Is that what it is?
I thought there was a bug with adding bots at the start.
It's super frustrating, I get it for ranked but not social.

Don't like the new menu and hitting start to start game either.

Everything else is cool.

bosseye

I wish crates weren't a lottery. I've got stacks of crates I'll probably never open as I can't guarantee the item I want. If there was a way to choose one thing from a crate I would have thrown so much money at them buying keys by now, but I'm not doing it when chances are I get a decal I don't want for a car I never use.

GOAT game though.

Welcome to Videogames in 2017. Get used to it, it's standard now.

:(

I wish crates weren't a lottery. I've got stacks of crates I'll probably never open as I can't guarantee the item I want. If there was a way to choose one thing from a crate I would have thrown so much money at them buying keys by now, but I'm not doing it when chances are I get a decal I don't want for a car I never use.

GOAT game though.
Seriously. Spend $10 and get a bunch of shitty road hog decals. Such a scam.

I like the new update and snakeskin looks so much better now, but I'm not a fan of the goal replays now. They look rather boring how the camera stops on the explosion and then quickly pans away after. It looks so forced and not one smooth motion.

pretty much every new cosmetic thing is nowmicrotransaction stuff... if I knew this was their plan, I wouldn't have bought the game since I don't support games with microtransactions

The crate items don't make you any better at the game. It's all just cosmetic. Plus, when you buy keys, the money doesn't just go to Psyonics, it helps fund their tournaments and pro players.

I don't see anything wrong with it because they're completely not needed to play or even be good at the game, but I will say it adds a bit of fun to open them and get something really cool.

You don't need to spend a single cent. Sell your crates, get keys, trade.

takes like 20 seconds
If it's so easy just make keys earnable for everyone.
Yea how dare they make content for their 2 year old game that isn't given to all the player base as soon as it's done! It's not like crates are worthless in this game like they are in CS:GO or Dota 2, you can trade crates around easily for a key or two.
The content should be available to everyone easily.

Every time with this game, what I'm suggesting is a consumer friendly practice but I'm "attacking" people's favorite game so they pushback.

MUnited83

For you.
If it's so easy just make keys earnable for everyone.

The content should be available to everyone easily.

Every time with this game, what I'm suggesting is a consumer friendly practice but I'm "attacking" people's favorite game so they pushback.

Everyone can easily trade their crates. Done.

Top Bottom