• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League - Dropshot Mode Trailer (Free new mode)

FelipeMGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBvId4DyIg

Break, Shoot, Score! Our electrifying FREE new mode, Dropshot, arrives on March 22! Enter 'Core 707,' an all-new arena where traditional scoring is turned on its side as players smash through the floor to score. At launch, you can experience the mode for yourself in its own playlist, in addition to Private and Exhibition matches.

http://www.rocketleague.com/news/dropshot-new-game-mode-march-22/

Another FREE mode is coming to Rocket League later this month!

Dropshot is a brand new take on Rocket League gameplay as we introduce dynamic breakable floors and an electrified ball, all within the confines of a new hexagonal Arena, 'Core 707'. Instead of pushing the ball into your opponent's goal, your objective is to destroy panels on the opposing team's floor, and score goals through those gaps.

Our new game mode is all about Damage! Along with our usual stats like Goals, Assists, and Saves, Dropshot introduces Damage as a statistic -- the more damage you do, the more floor panels break, and the easier it is to score a goal! Each panel can be hit by a ball twice -- the first hit activates the panel, while the second breaks the panel, creating a new scoring opportunity.

The new ball has three different phases, each more powerful than the last, that determine how much damage is done when the ball smashes into the floor panels. The second and third phases are activated by multiple Battle-Car hits, so the longer the ball stays off the ground, the more powerful it becomes. While the first phase of the new ball only damages one tile upon impact, the second and third phases can damage up to seven and 19 panels, respectively.

Along with Dropshot releasing on March 22, we have a host of other changes coming to Rocket League, including new achievements/trophies, painted Bodies and Rocket Trails, an Esports content button, the end of Competitive Season 3, a new Skill Tier hierarchy, and more!

Awesome! A cool new mode that isn't just Rocket League's take on another traditional sport. Not that I'm hating on that idea, but no one expected a mode like this.

It's the game of the generation. I don't usually stick with these added modes for long but appreciated the variety. Main game always keeps me engaged.

KainXVIII

This looks so awesome--I like the look of this a lot more then the other gimmicks they've put in the game (Hoops, Mario Kart Style Items)

Rocket League stays winning.
Wha-? Rumble mode is the only that i playing 😀

WoolyNinja

Finally a valid use for the Octagon map! Hopefully they remove that from the regular game rotation now since I'm horrible at it.

This looks so awesome--I like the look of this a lot more then the other gimmicks they've put in the game (Hoops, Mario Kart Style Items)

Rocket League stays winning.

Hoops is awesome,

and rumble is awesome in 1v1. We play Rumble at work all the time in 1v1 haha

I never play Rumble, Hoops or Snow Day so I'll probably never play this, but I can't but love the post support launch Rocket League has gotten. Easily game of the generation so far for me by some margin.

ultron87

That looks really cool. I fear that like with Hoops, I'm not nearly good enough at Rocket League to be at all good at it.

hydruxo

Not gonna judge it until I play it myself but it looks kind of frustrating? Like with all the holes in the tiles aren't we bound to continuously fall through them? Even with aerials you're gonna have to really be conscious of the tiles at all times. Idk it's an awesome concept though, just not sure how well it'll actually play out.

Sephzilla

This looks pretty neat. There's a faint part of me that worries that Rocket League might be getting close to having too many modes and spreading the player pool a little too thin. But that's a minor worry, because Rocket League and its post-content support have been GOAT tier.

That music in the trailer though...

9iq7Z3i.gif

Piers

There's a faint part of me that worries that Rocket League might be getting close to having too many modes and spreading the player pool a little too thin.
I never even thought of that, good point.
It was ultimately one of the biggest problems GTA Online had with matchmaking, due to the sheer amount of game modes.

Skyzard

Banned
Looks pretty cool, might be a bit random at my intermediate skill level but will give it a shot. It does sound fun.

Great stuff.

Sephzilla

I never even thought of that, good point.
It was ultimately one of the biggest problems GTA Online had with matchmaking, due to the sheer amount of game modes.

I doubt it will be a problem for doubles or standard since that's where a bulk of the player base goes anyway. But I guess I worry that adding another mode might spread the other modes a little thin

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Shit yes, looks like this is "Volleyball" mode that people were wanting but done in probably the only way it would actually work in Rocket League. Love the idea.

I'm still sulking @ RL because my Hogsticker got lost in a save glitch, and nothing I've done has brought it back - including deleting my save file and losing all my items then re-winning games :(

Looks a bit like Masamune, but with a different rear end.

Here's Masamune for comparison:

al6IFlu.jpg

EDIT:

Lots of good stuff! New "Turbo" crate. New arena variant: Mannfield (Night).

As much as I like cars with aerodynamic front ends, the most popular cars are those that visually match their hitbox a little more (and look great at the same time).

Uh oh. Just noticed that "painted" versions of Endo are in the crate. Which means it will be similar to the new painted decals. You'll likely still be able to customize your primary and secondary (decal) color, but there will be a special permanent color along the trim. Let the hunt begin!

Plus a new "Furry" paint item in the crate. Haven't had paints in crates yet, just as DLC.

Weird. I kind of feel like this will come and go quicker than a lot of the other alternate modes since this seems like it will be a lot more random than even Rumble. I'm willing to give it a shot though.

Hasney

I doubt it will be a problem for doubles or standard since that's where a bulk of the player base goes anyway. But I guess I worry that adding another mode might spread the other modes a little thin

They tend to remove a mode from matchmaking to make way for the new one. Rumble is too popular to kill, so I assume Hoops might be cut.

This looks pretty neat. There's a faint part of me that worries that Rocket League might be getting close to having too many modes and spreading the player pool a little too thin. But that's a minor worry, because Rocket League and its post-content support have been GOAT tier.

once competitive keeps it's number's we're all good.

Honestly not really interested in that game mode. I'll try it out but it doesn't sound like my sort of thing. Too much going on. However, that car looks sick! I wonder what hit box it has.

Man their support for this game has been phenomenal. Another new mode! To be honest I haven't tried many of them out, but this one looks like it could be worth a go, if nothing else to help improve my aerials.

Top Bottom