• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

J. Bravo

Oh baby yes.

Deal.....the rhino horns look pretty cool on esper.

Pics?
MZKWuPj.jpg

Unicorn

As much as I was hyped for Esper, I felt Masamune wore the horn better. Kudos to Flunkie for putting up with my terrible ass learning this thin-mint of a vehicle in ranked matches. It certainly flips and rolls quicker than Octane, feels smaller in terms of grabbing boost, feels lighter, and makes me wish I could adapt to new polygons better as I can't seem to get a hit to go where I thought I was going to send it.

I'll grab the other 3 cars once I'm settled - about to move to a new state and am working my last week at my current job - need to find a new one and start saving more and spending less.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've played enough with Aftershock and Masamune and now I went back to my Dominus: You can tell me all you want, but I know that there is a huge difference with these cars. I'll miss the extra dribbling with the Masamune. Dominus 4 Life. I'm instantly playing better with it.

I've bought all 6 DLC cars on Xbox so far and I'll probably never use them.

Psyonix must be making a killing. Every game i';ve played at least half of the people are using one of the new cars. After ignoring Aftershock the last few weeks it has grown on me these last few days. I love how it looks and feels. Also..can we get painted halos?

I have also bought every single piece of DLC and this is the first time I use something other than the dominus.

bjaelke

Psyonix must be making a killing. Every game i';ve played at least half of the people are using one of the new cars. After ignoring Aftershock the last few weeks it has grown on me these last few days. I love how it looks and feels. Also..can we get painted halos?

I have also bought every single piece of DLC and this is the first time I use something other than the dominus.

ggQf3JN.png

Masumune even on the topseller list.

We need a "It Prints Money" RL GIF.

Some technical car info via Reddit

Hey guys, sorry for the delay; I was out of commission all Monday and was just now able to buy the new cars and read the rotational velocity values ingame. I can't do anything fancy tonight, so I have simply added those values (along with all other PC cars) to the hit box spreadsheet for now. You can find a lot more info on these turning speed values in the previous thread here. (and more details/commentary on the hit boxes in that thread)
I also double checked that the hit box values on these 4 cars are still accurate. There are many things still on my to do list, among them going back through all cars and looking for any changes. (and making some more charts/visualizations, etc. at least with the raw numbers out there other people can do this as well)
Download the spreadsheet to sort or manipulate the data.

My personal thoughts on the new turn speed stats:
Masamune is the new turning speed king, with the tightest non-boosting radius and just a hair behind the Batmobile at max speed.
Just like its hit box, the Marauder turning speed is almost exactly Octane except slightly better. As an Octane user myself, I'm fully switching to Marauder unless/until it feels too different or odd. It's just an Octane with +1 in every single stat.
As always, please remember that there are no massive differences between vehicles. These are just the exact numbers behind the small differences that make the handling on each car unique.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've played enough with Aftershock and Masamune and now I went back to my Dominus: You can tell me all you want, but I know that there is a huge difference with these cars. I'll miss the extra dribbling with the Masamune. Dominus 4 Life. I'm instantly playing better with it.

I've bought all 6 DLC cars on Xbox so far and I'll probably never use them.

Okay, strange. I thought I'd use Masamune for a couple of Duel matches, because of the turning speed and dribbling bonus. Turns out that I'm handling it as good as the Dominus before. Masamune is now my go-to car for Ranked Duel. I could change between both cars from time to time in other matches.

----

I was Challenger 2 Division 5 and I won a Duel match against a Rising Star and got promoted to Challenger 3 Division 3. Nice jump.

Game was near unplayable for me last night on PS4 thanks to constant stuttering. My car would hitch forward, the ball would suddenly jerk to the side, etc. My ping was fine the majority of the time this was happening but did start to go up near 100 by the time I gave up. Anyone else ever deal with this issue? It hasn't been a problem for me before. Hopefully it'll be better tonight, I need my fix...

Hasney

Game was near unplayable for me last night on PS4 thanks to constant stuttering. My car would hitch forward, the ball would suddenly jerk to the side, etc. My ping was fine the majority of the time this was happening but did start to go up near 100 by the time I gave up. Anyone else ever deal with this issue? It hasn't been a problem for me before. Hopefully it'll be better tonight, I need my fix...

Since it doesn't update your ping in real time (just in polling windows), it sounds like you did have some brief lag spikes. It can also happen when other people have high ping.

Since it doesn't update your ping in real time (just in polling windows), it sounds like you did have some brief lag spikes. It can also happen when other people have high ping.
I tried playing for a solid 2-3 hours and it never improved. Ping was <60 99% of the time (all but the last couple of games). :/

Super frustrating because I have pretty fast cable at the house and this has never been an issue before.

Hasney

I tried playing for a solid 2-3 hours and it never improved. Ping was <60 99% of the time (all but the last couple of games). :/

Super frustrating because I have pretty fast cable at the house and this has never been an issue before.

Did you reboot your router/connection and only pick the region you're in?

I had 3 games this morning and a good few last night and saw no issues.

Did you reboot your router/connection and only pick the region you're in?

I had 3 games this morning and a good few last night and saw no issues.
Yeah, I'm in US East and I have it set to only play there. Restarted my router and internet. Streaming stuff like Twitch and Netflix was fine and my speeds looked good on a speed test. My PS4 is wired also. I was playing with a friend and he was having no issues which would make you think it's on my end but who knows.

I dunno, hopefully it's just an issue with their servers and will be fine tonight. If not I'll have to keep troubleshooting.

TheKeyPit

Banned
F you to both guys who wanted to forfeit at a 1:4 with 3+ minutes left and have already lost their spirit to fight. I lost the resulting 1v3 with 2:10. I don't need such teammates.

Edit: Welp, it's time to take a break from Ranked Solo 3v3. I'm Challenger 2 Division 4 or 5 all the time. This isn't fun at all.

Anyone else here still having issues with the matchmaking? I don't bother with ranked, but player matches are still a colossal mess for me and usually end up against a premade team of 3 paired up with a couple pro's or semi-pro's on my side. I can't tell if it's just matchmaking still being all over the place or if the two hiding their ranks (seems to be a pattern) are smurfing.

Edit: Ok after asking a few of these groups a lot are smurfs it seems, apparently because it's easier to make a freestyle montage on noobs. How is matchmaking ever going to work with people resetting their accounts like this? It breaks it completely when teams are comprised of legends and semi-pro's.

ErichWK

Where is the love for Marauder? I've been playing him the most out of the new cars and that feels the most comfortable. Looks great with Deer Horns

Where is the love for Marauder? I've been playing him the most out of the new cars and that feels the most comfortable. Looks great with Deer Horns
It really is a great car and I think it will be popular in the long run but because of it's looks I think it's generated the least amount of hype.

I haven't changed over my topper and antenna to fit it, but I'm definitely using the Marauder the most now. Love the look of Masamune (really, all of the new cars) and how it feels, but don't like the engine sound.

Peltz

It's great when you can trust your team mate

giphy.gif

As someone who is always swapping between the Octane and Dominus I am super excited to try the Masamune.

I really feel it could be the car I will main. Much excitement!
Fucking hell. Just when I thought I was getting good I see this ridiculous shit right here. Insane pass/goal.

Video by Gibs Comparing the new cars to old ones with stats.

Link

So marauder is a slightly better marauder in every way and aftershock is the dominus with a slightly different turning radius.

Babalu.

as a fulltime dominus player since the beginning....

masamune's turning is just TOO good.

its not as wide or as square as dominus but damn i'm doin work with it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I wanted to give Ranked Solo 3v3 another chance. Forget it. Division up and down, up and down. Teammates in Challenger 2 aren't always the best, too.

Edit: Still not a single colored wheel and the last colored item Í got was a long time ago. They really want to sell those upcoming crates.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I was most excited about the aftershock but after playing the new cars for myself, I fele instantly in love with the masamune.

What's with the douchebags today. So many games where my "teammate" gives up and plays for the other team after one goal. So many n-bombs, "i'm going to rape you redneck".

Opponents "EZ" "YOU SUCK" "UNINSTALL" "GET CANCER".

Christ. Did i get put up against 12 year olds all day today?

J. Bravo

I tried marauder out for a while yesterday. Felt good at first. Then I played like 2 games with masamune and was way more comfortable. Masamune is my soul car

With everyone experimenting with the new cars I decided to go back and try the old cars I never use and have found myself surprisingly in love with the Paladin, which statistically might be the worst car in game :)

Ran rp

another one here for masamune. i like aftershock's design but it's too much of an adjustment for me. i've mained hotshot the first two seasons and recently fell in love with merc's turning speed so masamune feels really good.

my first two premium cars btw.

Bollocks

just played for 1h30 and won all games, even the 2v3
Siick!

also have 2 certified items for turtle goals (lol) and 1 for backwards goals.
so it is either between aerial goals and epic saves for the trophy unless I get one for centers lol.

Finally a purple again in doubles. Need GC back though :(

Torn between Masamune and Aftershock too. Which to pick!?

Esper. Seriously though it's hard to say. I loved the Dominus but hate the Aftershock for some reason, Masamune on the other hand is pretty sweet imo. You won't know what you prefer until you try them.

Finally a purple again in doubles. Need GC back though :(

Torn between Masamune and Aftershock too. Which to pick!?

From purely a gameplay standpoint masamune seems like the best car in the game now. Hit box is high enough and wide enough and it has the best turning radius.

Cjkorea

I know Aftershock and Masamune are getting all the love but Marauder goes hard in the paint. My new main most definitely.

Backlogger

Anyone else here still having issues with the matchmaking? I don't bother with ranked, but player matches are still a colossal mess for me and usually end up against a premade team of 3 paired up with a couple pro's or semi-pro's on my side. I can't tell if it's just matchmaking still being all over the place or if the two hiding their ranks (seems to be a pattern) are smurfing.

Edit: Ok after asking a few of these groups a lot are smurfs it seems, apparently because it's easier to make a freestyle montage on noobs. How is matchmaking ever going to work with people resetting their accounts like this? It breaks it completely when teams are comprised of legends and semi-pro's.

I'd say a third to a quarter of my games are like this but I swear there are nights where it's every other match

Top Bottom