• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

It seems like common sense. Give players a trickle of keys and crates... but allow them to pay for more keys whenever they want. Done exclude completely. I hate to say this but... Look at how 3Arc handled the BLOPS3 Crates. As much as i detest it in that game i'd love it in this game! (save for them hiding truly unique, new cars in crates... not just re-skins)

Well, yeah. This would be the ideal situation. Keys would drop based on matches played - say, every few hundred matches or so - or as rare drops randomly. Then I could either buy a ton of them at my leisure to support the scene, or wait for one to drop.

We'll see how this developes over time.

Babalu.

yup.

all the cool new shit is behind a pay wall now.

Cant earn any keys legit.

not good. not good at all.

rumble is fun though.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Rumble IS fun, I'm having a blast with it BUT I've bought all their DLC and the game twice because I like the cosmetics. Yes they're purely visual but that's something I've happily thrown down money for in the past but there is a critical difference here. We're now on the crate and key take a gamble at what you want system, meaning any money I put forward for these keys a possible waste.

Not only do we no longer have control over what we may get but the cost of them has increased exponentially with this too, meaning if I wanted to have all content like I'd always aimed to with RL, it could now cost me hundreds and that's just on one platform. To top it off we are not being rewarded in any way by this key system for taking part as an active player, whereas a key drop every now and then could have easily been a rare but randomized treat based on play time.

Finally, the playerbase have been requesting stuff like more decals for the longest time and now that it's here it's locked behind a crate and key system rather than just a big DLC pack. I'd have happily paid for the content in a big pack, but these are free to play mechanics in a full priced game. I'd have honestly rather paid for Rumble and all the extras than what we ended up with.

Bingo! Do that and I won't care but right now this is bullshit. Think if in Overwatch's Summer Games you had no way of attaining a crate whatsoever without spending cash and imagine what the backlash would be, because that's very similar to what's happening here.

--------------------

There's still a large audience for Xbox, and I'm sure there is one or two more players than me on this forum.

I've already played Rumble for more than two hours and the only problems I've noticed on Xbox were the regular server farts + complete connection drops during a match that came from the server.

Tawpgun

Did performance on Xbox drop? I feel like the game looks worse and is at a lower fps.

Not to mention some weird lagginess

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
The game is worse for me now on XB1 than it was at launch. Unplayable basically feels like between 15 and 20 FPS.

Is PS4 ok cause I have it on that as well.

Bread

Banned
Yup just came here to see if you guys were talking about it. Xbox one version is unplayable atm. It's weird, it runs completely smooth at the start and then once the ball is touched bam the FPS drops below 20. It's headache inducing.

Played one game and couldn't continue. Test your patches Psyonix god damn.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I noticed a new weather effect on the level I tried. I have weather turned off. Wondering if that's what's causing it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
1 key after 100 ranked matches. Do it Psyonix.
Make it a Solo Standard restriction to be even more evil

Where is a power-up button for training mode? Missed opportunity...

ErichWK

1 key after 100 ranked matches. Do it Psyonix.
Make it a Solo Standard restriction to be even more evil

Where is a power-up button for training mode? Missed opportunity...

No. You just have bad luck. make a shrine to ickingfudiot with a 3 looneys and some incense and pray for 15 minutes. Should work after that.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Played 3 games and got a crate, opened it and got the Heatwave Black Market universal decal. Looks awesome.

Unicorn

I have a 1 and 2 crate. I do want ice and lightning trail and Octane skin, but don't want to go on reddit to trade. Anyone wanna hook me up?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Just in case: I got an Import TAKUMI RX-T and an Import X-DEVIL MK2 (This one is even certified, and tracks wins). I'd like to trade one of them for an Import DOMINUS GT.
(Xbox)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
More talk about items and crates in here than the new game mode. For shame.

New game mode is all kinda of awesome. It's not fair. It's kinda random and bullshitty, but boy is it fun. Reminds me a lot of the mutator mashup playlist. This is the mode to go to for a laugh stress free. Hope they don't take it away like they did mutator mashup. This game needs a crazy mode like this.

Grinchy

Banned
disappointment. i.e. the center of the galaxy in NMS

you get nothing as it won't let you do it.

ZTzDmmU.jpg
It looks like it wants to let me do it. Does it just give you a message when you try that it's not possible? It wouldn't even let me select these items before the patch. I'm so paranoid that I won't even hit accept to bring up the confirmation lol

Can I not get keys without paying?

Tbh, i dont mind at all

Theyve given tons of cosmetics for free and released lots of great maps to everyone. I dont mind not having access to more content without paying

Im just bummed because i want an animated decal

Nete

Ragequitting guy on Rumble after a failed save by me due lack of boost: "tryhards on rumble damn".

Salties on Rumble, LOL.

It looks like it wants to let me do it. Does it just give you a message when you try that it's not possible? It wouldn't even let me select these items before the patch. I'm so paranoid that I won't even hit accept to bring up the confirmation lol

wXB2fwX.png

Unicorn

Can I not get keys without paying?

Tbh, i dont mind at all

Theyve given tons of cosmetics for free and released lots of great maps to everyone. I dont mind not having access to more content without paying

Im just bummed because i want an animated decal
Trade dupes to people for keys or items.

Unicorn

I got 3 Crate 2's. I'm going to hold onto them for a bit, but I'm glad I have series 2 because it has the amazing trails in there.

How many black market items are there? Only decals? Only the one decal?

Ran rp

used the spikes to fly the ball into the goal but because my car never actually touched the ball my teammate got the goal...

Unicorn

I think the only good black market skin is the labyrinth. the rest seem weak compared to the other skins that may be exclusive to a certain car. Heatwave is okay.

Top Bottom