• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
So I could do with a bit of advice. I'm getting roof dribbling now, at least to the point where I can maintain the ball on top of my car and keep on track for the goal. The only issue I'm having is I struggle getting the ball to actually settle. Most of the time it's making a succession of really minute bounces, and while it works for the most part, it's making advanced flicks not work for me.

When I get the ball to settle I can control my flicks pretty well it seems, even pretty good at the 180 flicks shown on Reddit a few days ago, those are so satisfying and get some great angles. But when it's bouncing repeatedly the take off of the first jump is pushing the ball away from me leaving it too far for the flick. Any advice on keeping the bouncing to a minimum?

Oops, a bit late.

I know this might be shit advice, but...play more :x

Anyone can flick once it settles. You have to get a feel for catching it in a way that is both safe from attack and allows you to control it very well. I'm not the best at it yet and it shows.

Just gotta get a feel for catching it in various situations into instant flicks. Having control of it very fast is important for that, since a good opponents going to run you through the second they see you aren't able to flick it on a dime.

smh shit defense
the mandatory reply to any montage shot :p

Oops, a bit late.

I know this might be shit advice, but...play more :x

Anyone can flick once it settles. You have to get a feel for catching it in a way that is both safe from attack and allows you to control it very well. I'm not the best at it yet and it shows.

Just gotta get a feel for catching it in various situations into instant flicks. Having control of it very fast is important for that, since a good opponents going to run you through the second they see you aren't able to flick it on a dime.

Tbh the advice is pretty solid. You're right about needing to be able to Insta flick. While my roof control has increased in training, those are really rare or hard to use in 3s. I've found with a bit of practice that scooping and flicking it from a quick carve and boost seems to be the way in 3s. Getting better at it, but sometimes nerves get me and I either correct without need causing a bounce or start it too fast to ever get it beyond the hood.

Still, This bit of training has paid off. I've balled and juked GC's a few times in the last few days so my overall control has rocketed that is to it.

The downside is while learning I've made a new way to whiff. Catching the dribble wrong and already having ballcam off then flailing to try get the aerial I didn't mean to set up.

Tbh the advice is pretty solid. You're right about needing to be able to Insta flick. While my roof control has increased in training, those are really rare or hard to use in 3s. I've found with a bit of practice that scooping and flicking it from a quick carve and boost seems to be the way in 3s. Getting better at it, but sometimes nerves get me and I either correct without need causing a bounce or start it too fast to ever get it beyond the hood.

Still, This bit of training has paid off. I've balled and juked GC's a few times in the last few days so my overall control has rocketed that is to it.

The downside is while learning I've made a new way to whiff. Catching the dribble wrong and already having ballcam off then flailing to try get the aerial I didn't mean to set up.

heh, i do this a lot

ZSR, Dom GT and Type-S in that order hover at around a key. The rest are less.

cool, thanks.

is there a site that people use for value estimates, or do you just go by the trading sites? i'm just starting to get into trading and it's hard to tell from the sites what is actual fair value.

Blog
Chinese Website

RLCN-Logo-Final.png

Since our launch in July 2015, Rocket League has already surpassed more than 30 million players and 1.25 billion online matches -- and it's just the beginning! As announced earlier today at the Tencent UP 2017 event, Psyonix and Tencent Games have teamed up to bring Rocket League to Chinese players on PC!

With the new release, there will also be changes to the Chinese version of Rocket League to better suit the expectations of that community. Though the core gameplay experience will remain unchanged, our traditional framework will be replaced with a new streamlined free-to-play system. In keeping with Rocket League traditions, however, the Chinese free-to-play version will not follow a "pay-to-win" formula, and will instead hold true to our "community first" mantra, where skill and teamwork are your most important attributes.

As development progresses, we will continue to work hard with our partners at Tencent Games to ensure quality and consistency for Rocket League in China. You can learn more about our new alliance at rl.qq.com, where you can find additional information in the coming months on topics like playability, esports, and (of course) a release date.

Finally, to our friends who are already playing Rocket League in China -- Don’t worry! Though new players will no longer be able to purchase the existing version of the game on Steam from this point forward, the existing community will still have access to the game you paid for in addition to all other currently-available features.

Welcome to the family!

They are going to make so much money.

Price Sheet

Use it loosely but it's pretty much what most traders follow for better or worse.

I find this kind of ironic, since the subreddit pokes so much fun at the idea of pricesheets yet everyones prices are stunningly on point for people who don't use pricesheets. You're bang on about using it as a guideline, I just find the little back on forth on them at the sub rather amusing.

I find this kind of ironic, since the subreddit pokes so much fun at the idea of pricesheets yet everyones prices are stunningly on point for people who don't use pricesheets. You're bang on about using it as a guideline, I just find the little back on forth on them at the sub rather amusing.

Yeah it's silly. I get how it makes trading a pain in the ass because people won't budge but well neither do most of the people complaining I'm sure lol.

Yeah it's silly. I get how it makes trading a pain in the ass because people won't budge but well neither do most of the people complaining I'm sure lol.

Exactly, it's just one huge circle of hypocrisy.

now buy keys to open 5 turbo crates and hope for endo or trade for it?

Tough call. If you're ok with spending the price of 5 keys on it just trade for it I guess. You could come up in the green by opening crates or get 5 rares and no endo. If it's all you really want I'd trade. That said, Endo price has got to fall sooner or later, there's really no reason for it to hold the price the way it has.

Right now the price is still falling so I'd personally wait it out and buy it lower unless you really want it in your inventory.

Soulflarz

Banned
Trade the turbos for nearly enough keys for an endo alone

Outside of first week it's usually not worth opening crates. The argument can be made for things like 20xx when it was ~80k that you might as well open 100 crates and try for it because at worst case youll have a ton of items worth a lot but outside of instances where your drop rate is similar to the actual cost of outright buying it, ehhh.

I'm happy I sold my endo for 8k, got to open a few more crates and can rebuy for 3k in a couple weeks.
Legit don't buy import cars you don't plan to immediately use if they're above $1.

We need that free-to-play version in every country.

Well we don't know how different their model is going to be but i always figured when sales drop off RL would probably go free to play but since it never falls out of the top ten sellers on steam that would just be throwing away free money for them.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Man, the community on Xbox1 is sparse. Hard to find a full game, usually filled with AI and lots of lag.

Very disappointed.

Ballistik

Man, the community on Xbox1 is sparse. Hard to find a full game, usually filled with AI and lots of lag.

Very disappointed.

I don't have problems finding Xbox players aside from Solo Standard.. that playlist usually throws me into a match with PC players.

Also, is this game just that more popular on the East coast? I'm in California but if I search in West and East, 90% of the time it puts me in an East coast server. My ping ranges from 80 - 110... which is noticeable compared to being in the teens on West. So for the most part I disabled East and well it takes longer to find a match but at least I don't experience weird hitches.

rizzo0

Guys the only achievement that is locked for me on the Xbox one is the stocked achievement. Anybody else have issues with this? Any solutions? So far only thing I read to try was delete my save from local and the cloud and then proceed with a new local save to start getting items again but I'm afraid I will lose my profile level, replays and holiday items.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Do you turn off cossplay? There are tons of PC players you should match up with.

Playing with PC players is absolutely no fun.

They're on a different level of play than console players.

All they do is fly all over the place, making insane shots and saves that consoles players have no way to compete with.

It's like playing against cheaters. I hate it.

Soulflarz

Banned
So a diamond 1 player on pc is the same thing as a diamond 1 player on console, just saying.
There's 0 difference. They sometimes ballchase/go for stupid shots because of input lag and bad judgement with it, but this doesn't apply until like superstar or so anyways.

TheKeyPit

Banned
So a diamond 1 player on pc is the same thing as a diamond 1 player on console, just saying.
There's 0 difference. They sometimes ballchase/go for stupid shots because of input lag and bad judgement with it, but this doesn't apply until like superstar or so anyways.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Very disappointed.

AI? That sounds a lot like you're playing casual. Start playing ranked like a real man.

(Seriously though, the match quality is so much higher in ranked.)

Soulflarz

Banned
played a bit today and yesterday, got a few cool goals

https://gfycat.com/HonorableWetAmurminnow backboards in 1s are so satisfying

https://gfycat.com/GloriousEmbarrassedBustard the once in a blue moon situation in solo standard where your teammate accidentally does the right thing and sets up a backboard (shit defense tbh)

https://gfycat.com/BoilingFavoriteGuppy ...lmao idek guys this is calculated I swear

https://gfycat.com/HarmlessDismalAllensbigearedbat ruining the darkest reds goal in ranked :p

Soulflarz

Banned
okay something clicked and I'm getting what I thought were my "montage" tier shots with actual consistency now, wtf o_O

hell even getting my delayed flicks in
edit: legit nutty, 20+ of the shots I showed above in the past 2hr. Like every other goal with 80% consistency atm.

https://gfycat.com/IllinformedMadeupFantail
like hi I never got ones that had both corner and ceiling drop to read

Soulflarz

Banned
Pls
Ps4 level 40
Ps4 semi pro aka 5 hr
And thenn my 72 :p

Already up to Champ, have one loss to an esl elite that was my fault, rest have been easy 2s all night.

Nice dude. I hit mine few weeks ago. Already removed it though. Brings on far too much toxicity.

I hit rocketeer not so long ago too. I've not worn my level title since veteran though and I don't think I ever will again. Even at vet you'd still get shit occasionally.

nope. can't find any games and keep getting errrors. (i'm in the UK). tried adding new modes + regions but nothing is working.

This stuff is really beyond a joke at this point. I've not had time to play much during the week and when I finally get a chance lo and behold the servers are down at the weekend again. I've already abandoned my plan for a night of RL and opted for PUBG instead, couple weeks back it was OW. The server issues are actually starting to bring my play time down significantly.

dawid

So DAMN tired of all the server issues at this point. I bought in to their talk about growing pains at first, but at this point it's just incompetence and shitty service delivery.

I've bought a lot of DLC and keys just to support Psyonix for their amazing game. But i will not buy anything more until theese server issues are resolved completely.

Doesn't help that Playerunknowns Battlegrounds servers are solid despite being such a new and crazy successful game. And here we are two fucking years after the release of Rocket League and the servers are down yet again. No other big online game have the issues RL has been having this year.

Noaloha

I'm an infrequent-but-regular. Generally at this point I play those fridays or saturdays (evening EU) when I have some me-time and beers. Unfortunately, last several instances of those times have sadly been as now: excitedly sit back and open up the game and bounce off server error messages. Probably just unlucky timing on my part but still, bit of a glummer.

Soulflarz

Banned
tfw you still dont fundamentally understand 1s but you can play 2s and 3s fine because it's a spacing game and dropping goal line is viable and so on but 1s also has other things to deal with

legit if I just sit around and powershot I can get all the way into champ (hell, ps4 has only lost to a champ 2)

if I try to be creative I hit post or get early challenged and fail, diamond 1 for life on my main.

gg

Top Bottom