• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm interested to look at your replays of some 3s and compare to what I saw the first time.

Coaching in RL seems like it could be fun in the future

I'd love for you to help me get better in 3s tbh, or even 2s? Esp since I don't really have the whole hesitation issue on a basic level (ie, I don't hit the ball 3 feet or go under a backboard and just sit there for 8 years like a diamond), I just don't really play @ rank a lot so I probably have some awful positioning that needs to get fixed.

I'm interested to look at your replays of some 3s and compare to what I saw the first time.

Coaching in RL seems like it could be fun in the future
Be my coach. :)

jk I probably have uncoachable flaws, haha.

Seriously though, I'm always interested in learning how to get better. I feel like at this point it would help me a lot to play 3s more consistently with guys who are better than me but I don't get that opportunity very often.

Soulflarz

Banned
Be my coach. :)

jk I probably have uncoachable flaws, haha.

Seriously though, I'm always interested in learning how to get better. I feel like at this point it would help me a lot to play 3s more consistently with guys who are better than me but I don't get that opportunity very often.

Look when you can hesitate less so when you go the hit is way stronger is my best advice for you after playing with you a lot

Strong hits are essential if youre not taking control of the ball

edit: when i say this i just mean go with confidence

Look when you can hesitate less so when you go the hit is way stronger is my best advice for you after playing with you a lot

Strong hits are essential if youre not taking control of the ball
Yeah I'm always trying to work on that. The main thing for me is seeing improvement but sometimes it's frustratingly slow. It's a weird thing too where I hesitate more against better players because they're faster than what I'm used to so it throws me off a bit mentally. The grind never ends!

Ballistik

I was 9/12 for diamond reward and then I played with some friends and dropped down to Platinum 3 division 1. :(

So I grinded this morning because I was stubborn on making the last 3 wins. Well after playing for several hours I made it! That's my mini accomplishment of the day for me.

dickroach

got up to Silver 3 for the first time this season today. really wanna get to gold
I'd gotten up to Challenger 2 or 3 last year
(2v2)

Heads up! Our Autumn Update will be available on all platforms tomorrow, September 28 at 3pm PDT (6pm EDT/12am CEST).
Also, Competitive Season 5 will end one hour before the update (2pm PDT/5pm EDT/11pm CEST), and Season 6 will begin once the update is live.

VeeP

Hey guys, I thought I would ask here. Anyone know if Rocket League for the Switch will include all/most of the DLC previously released for other consoles?

Unicorn

Hey guys, I thought I would ask here. Anyone know if Rocket League for the Switch will include all/most of the DLC previously released for other consoles?
I assume so. Maybe not the licensed items like batmobile or even hot wheels. Also it is being ported by an outside company so maybe they re only porting the release and content that was on the on disc release for Xbox?

I assume so. Maybe not the licensed items like batmobile or even hot wheels. Also it is being ported by an outside company so maybe they re only porting the release and content that was on the on disc release for Xbox?

It's probably includes all the non licensed content.

VeeP

It's probably includes all the non licensed content.

Thanks fellas. So basically nothing official said yet, but from previous releases (like the XOne) version, it’s very likely all non licensed DLC content will be bundled in with the main game.

Sounds good to me. I’m debating if I should double dip for this and the extra content would definitely help convince me I should.

fallout

So, I went 2-8 in my placement matches and I'm Bronze 2, Div 3 ... basically where I was before the reset.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unicorn

I keep getting CTD. Verify files - nothing. Restart Steam - nothing. Happens in garage if I tab too much. Happens in games when I press A sometimes. Really frustrating as I've never had an issue like this before.

Lost most of my placement matches, including a lovely 2-12 to end it...

Game put me in Plat 3 Div 1.

I mean, that's very close to where I was yesterday, but that's seems quite generous. I'll take it though !

Lost most of my placement matches, including a lovely 2-12 to end it...

Game put me in Plat 3 Div 1.

I mean, that's very close to where I was yesterday, but that's seems quite generous. I'll take it though !

Yup same here, only I'm Plat div3. I was gold 2 div2 when I finished the night prior. Lost majority of my games too.

x Misogi

very weird, lost at least 5-6 of my placement matches in doubles (i skipped doubles all last season as well)

still put me in Diamond 3 Div 1

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
If you check the patch notes, they mention that they changed the MMR thresholds to allow more people into Plat ranks and up (similar to the recalibration they did in season 3).

I ended last season at P2D1 in 3s, went 6-4 in placements, and started at P3D2. So it looks like people around the Gold/Plat level last season are getting about a tier/tier and a half bump.

I stopped playing a long while aho. Seemed to have gotten bored but also hot a skill ceiling

Jumped back in and Im playing pretty well but the excitement certainly wasnt what it used to be at launch

What I really want to comment on is how far this game has come

The music, polish, and tweaks to presentation are so good.

Im overwhelmed with grindy loot but I love the amount of content in this game. Its insane seeing the licensing too. I still remember overlooking the PS3 game and the modest PS4 beta

I keep getting CTD. Verify files - nothing. Restart Steam - nothing. Happens in garage if I tab too much. Happens in games when I press A sometimes. Really frustrating as I've never had an issue like this before.

Try unequipping Season 4 Reward Supersonic Trails if you have 'em. We're looking into it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Was Platinum II I think, won like 3 of my placement matches, and now I'm Platinum III. So yeah, I don't know how that works, lol.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you check the patch notes, they mention that they changed the MMR thresholds to allow more people into Plat ranks and up (similar to the recalibration they did in season 3).

I ended last season at P2D1 in 3s, went 6-4 in placements, and started at P3D2. So it looks like people around the Gold/Plat level last season are getting about a tier/tier and a half bump.

Ah, ok. Well, maybe I can finally reach Diamond! I was sooo close last season, but never quite made it.

Unicorn

Try unequipping Season 4 Reward Supersonic Trails if you have 'em. We're looking into it.

Thanks.

Aaaaaaand 4/4 unranked games were mired by crate farmers. Wish reporting actually did something - especially during the first few days following an update as those would seem to be the most accurate reports. Was in 3's fucker AFK. left lobby post match and re-search and ended up waiting until that game wrapped up timer anyway (afk, so didn't hit ready) and ended up there again. Played for about 10 secs then went back to tapping A. Fuck this, let's do 2s. up against GC from Season 5 doing teamwork aerial freestyle garbo while my teammate.... wait for it.... sits there. I call him out and he hops on to call me retarded because the other team is scoring. Other team reported him and I quit after that match.

Done for today.

That banner.
RD5N5Gj.png

Lender

After never getting above gold 2 in any mode, the new season gets underway. Start playing with my buddy, lost the first 2 games, won the other 8. Gave me gold 3 div 4. I nearly burst out laughing.

PLayed a couple of more games, dropped down to division 2 after some ridiculous losses, but then we had an amazing winning streak and actually got to:

desktopscreenshot2017sxuzq.jpg

Still can't believe it. :') Gonna try and get my buddy to platinum tomorrow as well. He needs 2 more wins. I need 3 I think to get to Plat 2.

Bollocks

I was excited to get home and slay some noobs but then I saw it's not a full reset :(

Also got no rewards this season, tried to get at least bronze but the servers 30m before shutdown wouldn't register any wins anymore :/ At least I get them on PC but nothing for my main PS4 account :(

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I've been watching the RLCS season on the weekends but I've never gotten any twitch rewards, feels bad man. I'm hoping watching pros somehow rubs off on me and I start hitting some sick shots. Also, I'm still looking for mates to play with. I'm currently diamond 2-3 at the moment and looking for people to get some practice in with. Once upon a time I was able to get in a lot of games with highly skilled players and it really did a lot to help me elevate my game, I would love to have that happen again. Hit me up on steam: oxrock

Bollocks

Any good codes to practice saves like this?:
LongEthicalAkitainu-mobile.jpg

Basically I'm facing my goal and ball comes flying in and I have to aerial clear it. I always take too long and fly off into the other direction even though I know it's inverted. Or I do a backflip right before clearing the ball and propel myself into my own goal.

That and flying upside down, I don't know how other people do it, it's the greatest mindfuck for me.

88random

Upside down flying just comes down to practice. Get into free training and fly from one goal to the other while upside down and try to steer.

Top Bottom