• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

88random

I started the game for the first time since the update and I see that I lost all trails except the default one. Anyone else has this problem?

I started the game for the first time since the update and I see that I lost all trails except the default one. Anyone else has this problem?

They were causing problems so they disabled them till they fix them.

Matte Pearl is great.
QWquXAK.png

88random

Ok, thanks. But every time the next big update comes and the new season starts, the game is a mess. I just finished a match and started the search for the next one, the game crashes, and now I'm banned from matchmaking for 15 mins like I left the match.

Bollocks

Idk what black magic they are using for MM. Lost only 3 of my placement games, played the majority of them with Diamond 1/2, "this is going pretty well". Got ranked Diamond 1 and then I won a total of 3 games in 1.5h. I'm pretty sure I'm now Platinum 2, idk I ragequit after my teammate own goaled, a fitting ending to a trainwreck session.

Soulflarz

Banned
youre going to drop.
a lot.

They threw everyones ranks up and unless you can legit play at level x you're going to lose a ton

Meanwhile I'm still nearly top 100 in 1s after not playing 2 days, lel ty reset

bbd23

I just got platinum 1 and im pretty sure I shouldn't be here lmao.

made it to gold 2 last season, whenever I had a platinum player they rekt my shit.

this just feels like low gold now.

edit: ahh makes sense i guess^

youre going to drop.
a lot.

They threw everyones ranks up and unless you can legit play at level x you're going to lose a ton

That's not how it works.

You're playing at the same MMR you were last season, the thresholds for each label have just been adjusted. If 500 MMR was Gold III last season, it's Plat I-II this season.

Same skilled opponents, same MMR, different label.

Soulflarz

Banned
That's not how it works.

You're playing at the same MMR you were last season, the thresholds for each label have just been adjusted. If 500 MMR was Gold III last season, it's Plat I-II this season.

Same skilled opponents, same MMR, different label.

Oh okay, weird.

Was going to say, champ 1 legit felt like dia 1 or dia 2 in 1s atm.

Regardless, the fact that a ton of people dia 3 or gc placed ch1-4 is kinda suicidal for the actual d3s or the soloqueueing higher ranks :p (okay not really but it's def tilting lmao)

dickroach

I couldn't crack Gold last season. it put me in Gold 1 after the placement matches, and then I just won five in a row ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll take it

also how do I get keys without dropping cash? I have 80 crates

lush

also how do I get keys without dropping cash? I have 80 crates

You can't atm. Although the Autumn Update did add Decryptors:

During Events you can acquire new, rare items called ‘Decryptors!’
These can unlock any crate, including the ones during limited-time events.

Not sure if we've had an event yet where they're droppable. With 80 crates in your inventory you could easily trade for a good deal of stuff that you want on any of the popular trading sites.

Is it a bug or can you not quit after a teammate has already left a ranked match (without getting yourself 15min banned)? Happened to me today.

Oh okay, weird.

Regardless, the fact that a ton of people dia 3 or gc placed ch1-4 is kinda suicidal for the actual d3s or the soloqueueing higher ranks :p (okay not really but it's def tilting lmao)
I did my 1s placement games last night. First game was against a really good S5 GC. Next three games were against a guy who was at least Diamond 3 skill from S5 but probably more like C1. I ended up winning like 4/10 games and it placed me Diamond 2 Div IV which is where I ended last season.

All that to say it feels kind of like there are a lot of +Diamond players still in Diamond currently.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I did my 1s placement games last night. First game was against a really good S5 GC. Next three games were against a guy who was at least Diamond 3 skill from S5 but probably more like C1. I ended up winning like 4/10 games and it placed me Diamond 2 Div IV which is where I ended last season.

All that to say it feels kind of like there are a lot of +Diamond players still in Diamond currently.

I'm running into GC's constantly as a diamond 2-3 player. Really putting a damper on my champ aspirations. Should happen less and less with a bit of time I hope. I actually enjoy playing against better players anyway, pushes me to get better.

Soulflarz

Banned

Im nearly top 100 in 1s lazily, like 2 losses and 50 points off?
Played a half asleep 1s game before class and clapped halcyon even LUL, he was c3-gc most of s5 in 1s so 👀

What cars are you guys all using now?

I'm still split on Dominus and Octane. I feel like it strike much better with dominus but Octanes high hitbox means I whiff less especially off walls. Centio feels damn good to but I am not a fan of the looks of any plank type car.

Im nearly top 100 in 1s lazily, like 2 losses and 50 points off?
Played a half asleep 1s game before class and clapped halcyon even LUL, he was c3-gc most of s5 in 1s so ��
MMR wise that'd have to be your highest I'd say. For you it's just about whether or not your flicks are working, haha. If yes then uuuuuuuugh you're the worst.

I'm still split on Dominus and Octane. I feel like it strike much better with dominus but Octanes high hitbox means I whiff less especially off walls. Centio feels damn good to but I am not a fan of the looks of any plank type car.
Takumi because I was bored of Dominus GT and didn't want to join the cult of Octane. :)

Soulflarz

Banned
Nah only flicked hal once! If I play an actual diamond I flick a stupid amount cause its freelo.
Fake air dribbled (made sure to wheel it so he had to jump, sideroll shot, air roll shot, played fast, etc

I slept 4hr instead of 3 and yeah letsgoo

Novoitus

Banned
I just got platinum 1 and im pretty sure I shouldn't be here lmao.

made it to gold 2 last season, whenever I had a platinum player they rekt my shit.

this just feels like low gold now.

edit: ahh makes sense i guess^

yeah I just got in Diamond 1 and I'm confused

Holy crap after doing my placement matches I'm almost diamond. This is the highest I've ranked so far.

I'm forever undecided. My ball control is way better on the ground with Octane and I'm generally pretty good at aiming my shots in the air from odd angles with it. Dominus I'm not so great with accuracy but I get some ridiculous power shots and can push an air dribble to the backboard easier for some reason. Batmobile I can get awkward aerials more often, have fantastic redirect accuracy and beastly flicks but 50% of easy balls skim over my roof.

Still not found my perfect car.

dickroach

i couldn't break into gold last season, now i might hit platinum
started in gold 1-2 after placement matches. at gold 3-3 now
think my records 12 and 3. also i finally just got that new level after 25 matches. i think it looks great.

I use the one car I got from the $10 I spent on keys. Breakout Type S
in terms of base cars, Octane is definitely the best

Unicorn

Mantis is my main now. Batmobile is so hideous I never bothered.

Started with Backfire, then went to Ripper, then Octane for a long while, then Masamune, then Endo for a hot second, but Mantis has just felt the best. Although it cannot do pinch shots like I could do consistently with Masamune.

Tawpgun

Was stoked I got put in plat 2. I reached plat 1 last season but kept getting knocked out

Was not stoked that the higher rank you place the more wins you need for a season reward.

So I found another broken skin in the new Gigapede skin for Centio.

This little fin seems to be missing all shading etc and is just a glowing ray of white. Shame because I really like this skin too. Hopefully IckingFudiot or someone spots this post if it hasn't already been mentioned on Reddit.

Unicorn

After watching Gibbs just willy nilly trade items in I decided to go through and trade most of my items with no stats. There's some good shit buried in the new items. Got a moon rock paint coat that has replaced sun damaged as my go to for a more rugged look.

But I still did not get the octopus topper I desperately need.

This little fin seems to be missing all shading etc and is just a glowing ray of white. Shame because I really like this skin too. Hopefully IckingFudiot or someone spots this post if it hasn't already been mentioned on Reddit.

I did feel it was a bit bright.

Oh okay, weird.

Is this what’s happening?? I was wondering why the rank reset felt a lot less punishing than I thought. I usually drop like a stone during my re ranking yet this one put me higher than ever before.

Edit: quoted the wrong post but you get my gist

Blog

It’s party time!

Following the execution of our internal testing program, we're happy to announce that our first round of public testing for Rocket League's new PsyNet Party System will begin this week and continue throughout the month of October.

What’s the new Party System all about? Once the test is running, PsyNet (our name for Rocket League’s backend) will automatically sync with your Steam Friends List information and allow you to create a party inside of the game client, rather than using Steam's tech as you normally would.

If you’re playing on Steam, you will NOT have to update your game when the test goes live, as all of the changes will happen through PsyNet (and do not require additional downloads). Our initial party tests will be short -- roughly 24 hours or less -- followed by longer tests throughout the Autumn season. The screenshot below is what you will see in Rocket League when inviting friends through PsyNet instead of Steam.

rl_friendlist_new.jpg

When do these PsyNet Party tests begin? PC players should keep an eye on the in-game blog and ticker this week and month (as well as our Twitter, Subreddit, and Facebook) for specific details.

If anything goes wrong during the test, don’t worry -- your game will automatically default back to the normal Steam Friends List in those cases. You will not have to restart your game client and all changes or rollbacks will be made automatically through PsyNet. Please bear with us as we continue to work out the kinks.

For our community members playing on Xbox One or PlayStation 4: None of these tests or changes will affect your game in any way, nor will it affect your ability to cross-network play in the same servers as Steam players.

Be sure to keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages for more information about the tests and everything else going on in the Rocket League universe.

The first step to crossplatform groups(for Switch/Xbox/PC and PC/PS4 Probably). I've been thinking that means avatars as drops too maybe?

So I've got a bit of an odd bug. I noticed earlier on today that one of my cars was still using the standard trail but figured I'd just forgot to change it to silver on this loadout. Just decided to swap it over and all my trails are gone :/ I only cared about the silver season reward one but I've never lost an item from my inventory like this before.

Given it's all encompassing with different consoles a freind code would probably make more sense.

Ah yeah couldn't really go with a username system if that's the case.

So I've got a bit of an odd bug. I noticed earlier on today that one of my cars was still using the standard trail but figured I'd just forgot to change it to silver on this loadout. Just decided to swap it over and all my trails are gone :/ I only cared about the silver season reward one but I've never lost an item from my inventory like this before.

Trails were causing crashes so they have been disabled for the time being.

Unicorn

The candy corn trail has also been kind of glitchy on PC. Randomly on a start burst of boost an odd angle of the trail will come out.

This last update is the first one that really kinda made the game feel janky for me. Lot of frame drops and hitches. Menu's are feeling slugging, modes don't load. Hope they clean it up soon.

ErichWK

I gotchu

Top Bottom