• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Majukun

how is it possible that we are already in season 3 and there's still people that dosn't understand how yto play this game,chasing the ball around,stealing it from their won teammates and never rotating in defense..or worse going to the attack when they are the one defending?

I mean i'm not the rocket ronaldo,quite the contrary..but this is less about tecnique and skill and more about damn common sense.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
how is it possible that we are already in season 3 and there's still people that dosn't understand how yto play this game,chasing the ball around,stealing it from their won teammates and never rotating in defense..or worse going to the attack when they are the one defending?

I mean i'm not the rocket ronaldo,quite the contrary..but this is less about tecnique and skill and more about damn common sense.

I assume it's because they enjoy touching the ball far more than they enjoy winning. I wish I had more rocket league friends so I could avoid this crappy behavior but it's most definitely a part of RL pub life.

Norfair

I mean, if you are used to playing by yourself online you are going to develop bad habits. I'm not excusing it but they've probably gotten this far by hogging the ball and scoring everything themselves.

I have a players crate

How do I get keys by trading for it?

I recall I was able I to generate keys by trading but i cant remember how

Huge day for competitive RL.

Fnatic has picked up a team

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines… FNATIC is joining Rocket League!

High octane, super fast-paced and one of the most exciting games around right now, RL has had potential pouring out of its hubcaps for a long time. It was an easy decision to make in getting involved and we’re taking the wheel with both hands!

I'm ecstatic that we've decided to move into Rocket League and I'm even more excited about the group of guys we've signed. - Colin ‘CoJo’ Johnson (Team Manager)

Please join us in welcoming huge talents Nicolai ‘Maestro’ Bang, Alexander ‘Sikii’ Karelin and Nicolai ‘Snaski’ Andersen!

Formerly of Leftovers, the Europeans have dominated Season 4 of the Rocket League Rival Series, locking in the second division’s top spot and qualifying for promotion playoffs with still one game to spare.

Unbeaten in the round-robin so far, the team has only dropped five total games throughout the competition. The only opponent left standing for a perfect season now is Endpoint, the British organisation who were our nearest challengers in second place.
1507295956_20171005175501_1-1600x900.jpg

You’ll be able to see the match live, tonight at 11pm CEST, for a first look at the boys in black and orange!

They're extremely motivated, talented players and I'm confident we can achieve some great things in the months to come. - Colin ‘CoJo’ Johnson (Team Manager)

So great to see this game take off as an esport.

Thoughts on the new cars then? Kinda liking this Nissan tbh. The other one isn't my sorta thing but this kinda feels different to most other cars IMO. Very boxy, quite tall too.

Babalu.

so ive been playing a long time but i gave up on crates/trading stuff long ago because its lame.

so last week i was trading in crappy stuff to upgrade it and i got a cobalt merc and a titanium white octane.

apparently the TW octane is worth something.

How would i go about trading these things nowadays.

That new balloons goal explosion is pretty sick. anyone know where the best resources to find how much all my different colored wheels/boosts/cars are worth these days?

or where i can list them so people can msg me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I recently upgraded to a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro, and I'm getting much worse performance in this game now. It's rarely at a stable 60 fps, and on some maps (the new farm map being one) it will briefly drop to like 5-10 fps every now and then. Anyone else noticed this? Is it a Pro issue or did the performance decrease in general lately?

so ive been playing a long time but i gave up on crates/trading stuff long ago because its lame.

so last week i was trading in crappy stuff to upgrade it and i got a cobalt merc and a titanium white octane.

That new balloons goal explosion is pretty sick. anyone know where the best resources to find how much all my different colored wheels/boosts/cars are worth these days?

What platform are you on? White Octane is extremely valuable. You can get multiple party explosions for that but I'd wait a bit on the explosion. They go down fairly fast. Key values differ on platform so let me know what you play on and I'll guide you in the right direction.

They initially wanted to be an octane hitbox but when it was in game it was too long so they opted for Hybrid. Which makes sense why it wouldn't fix it exactly.

Ah that would explain the height for such a long car.

I hate you.
/s
Platform? I might be able to make an offer if you're on PC. Though it requires me to finally sell off my armada of crates which I've been putting off for months now lol

Babalu.

What platform are you on? White Octane is extremely valuable. You can get multiple party explosions for that but I'd wait a bit on the explosion. They go down fairly fast. Key values differ on platform so let me know what you play on and I'll guide you in the right direction.

Ah that would explain the height for such a long car.

I hate you.
/s
Platform? I might be able to make an offer if you're on PC. Though it requires me to finally sell off my armada of crates which I've been putting off for months now lol

my bad im on PC. whats this baby worth. i want that new porsche car and balloons explosion or some dope stuff for my takumi or that porsche if theres stuff for it haha.

i havent kept up with all that junk for a long time. dont know whats out there.

ive used takumi + heatwave + black sunburst for like 2000 hours without ever changing haha. i'm a simple man.

my bad im on PC. whats this baby worth. i want that new porsche car and balloons explosion or some dope stuff for my takumi or that porsche if theres stuff for it haha.

i havent kept up with all that junk for a long time. dont know whats out there.

ive used takumi + heatwave + black sunburst for like 2000 hours without ever changing haha. i'm a simple man.

Pricesheet

It's worth 55-65 keys. Party explosion is worth about 30. Since 50 keys is a max trade per window I'd suggest asking for party explosion plus 35 keys or something like that. There should be a Halloween crate coming out soon and it should have some new explosions so I would wait cause they could make the party explosions price drop a good amount.

Places to Trade.
Reddit(Join their Discord channel.)
Steam
Rocket-League.com
RLTrackerPro
Tradefinder

Best way to typically go about it is to use trade finder choose your platform of choice and a search term for example. Here is a search of people who want White Octane

Link

It shows you what they are offering and from what site or server they are. I also look at what people are offering for something I want because buyers buy low and sellers sell high. Best to be somewhere in the middle.

Depends on who you match up with and against. I've played with a lot of people that have individual flair, which works out well as a team. But yes many other games you're better off coordinating your attacking and defending - knowing when to do both at the right time.

Blog

Rocket League’s first-ever Haunted Hallows special Event is just around the corner, which means that it’s time for a closer, not-at-all spooky look at Rocket League’s upcoming Event system!
Halloween-Screenshot-020.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.jpg

EARNING AND SPENDING CURRENCY
Our Event system introduces a new limited-time currency, with the first being Candy Corn! All you need to do to earn it is to play (and complete) Online Matches. In order to use Candy Corn, simply click the 'Special Event' button on the main menu screen. From there, you can redeem whatever you've earned to claim Halloween Items, Decryptors, and Locked "Haunted Hallows" Crates.

Candy Corn can be spent throughout the Event, and will expire one week after Haunted Hallows is over, but don't worry -- Items purchased with Candy Corn DO NOT expire at the end of the event, and will remain in your inventory forever!

*Note: The standalone items you can buy with Candy Corn are NOT the same as the items available in the ‘Haunted Hallows’ Crate!
Halloween-Decryptor-Key-Branded.jpg

DECRYPTORS
Decryptors are the newest way to unlock Crates in Rocket League and they can be used for any Crate in the game (including Event Crates). The only way to get Decryptors is to buy them with Candy Corn. But remember: any Crate Item unlocked through the use of Decryptors will be untradeable. If you want to trade an unlocked item, make sure you use a normal Key.

Halloween-Crate-Branded.jpg

EVENT CRATES
Our new ‘Haunted Hallows’ Event Crates are only available during the Haunted Hallows event, and there are three ways to get them. As always, you can get a new Crate as a drop after some Online Matches, and you can also buy the Crate using Candy Corn. In both cases, you can open the Crate with a Key or a Decryptor. We’re also letting you buy Event Crates directly, similar to how you buy Keys, and any purchased ‘Haunted Hallows’ Crate will not require a Key or Decryptor to unlock.

Finally, the Haunted Hallows Event Crates will not be updated for next Halloween. If you decide to wait a year to open one of these Crates, it will still have the same potential item inside as it does during this event.

The Haunted Hallows event gets rolling this Monday, October 16 at 5pm PDT, so get ready to earn some Candy Corn.

Haunted Hallows Event Start Time

Monday, October 16 at 5pm PDT (8pm EDT/2am CEDT on October 17)

Haunted Hallows Event End Time

Monday, November 6 at 10am PST (1pm EST/7pm CET)
Halloween-Screenshot-17.jpg

Yes that is a dabbing Grim Reaper.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I love how I'm punished for leaving a game where both of my teammates play for the opposite team.

I guess I'm supposed to play 5mins 5vs1 or if both my teammates quit.

Unicorn

Man, why they gotta make Halloween convoluted. I hope I can get all the items. The holiday items, especially Halloween, are my favorite.

Soulflarz

Banned
...i have like 2000 hours on rl with probs 1000 being in lower ranks

so...

(don't be toxic/refuse to forfeit down 4-0 or w/e and that probs never happens?)

Majukun

Depends on who you match up with and against. I've played with a lot of people that have individual flair, which works out well as a team. But yes many other games you're better off coordinating your attacking and defending - knowing when to do both at the right time.

well this game,at least until platinum,never played over that, it's almost 70-80% positioning...a very little percentage of the goals are made because the shot was impossible to save...most of the time it's someone that didn't rotate in defense leaving the goal empty, or foolishly decided to go after a booster insted to go guarding the goal, or something along those lines..but even not considering the defensive aspect,you have several times more chances to score if the team spreads and waits for an assist, instead than all focusing on a single spot on the field or worst actually stealing the ball from your teammate instead of waiting for a pass..

in the end this game is football, and football rules applies,more or less, team work will always trump individualism

Top Bottom