• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League PS4 [Soccer with cars!] Closed beta - Sign up now, Keys limited.

Samus4145

Game was more fun than I thought it would be. The only downside were teammates that were clearly trying to steal goals or would run straight into you.

There's no "I" in team assholes.

Hasney

Game was more fun than I thought it would be. The only downside were teammates that were clearly trying to steal goals or would run straight into you.

There's no "I" in team assholes.

I don't care about goal stealing... Unless they miss.

Samus4145

I don't care about goal stealing... Unless they miss.

Sorry, yeah that was implied in my statement. Usually I'll have someone come out of nowhere with a full boost and slam into the ball, making it quite unpredictable where it was going to go.

Now that I think about it, I had a game where someone scored on our goal three times by doing that.

BShadowJ

Anyone who's asking if SARPBC is worth 3 bucks: Yes. Definitely. Even if you don't find many people online for some reason or another, it's got a ton of minigames and a tournament for you to do, and you can always play vs bots too.

Heck the title music alone is worth 3 bucks :)

GeeDuhb

Anyone who's asking if SARPBC is worth 3 bucks: Yes. Definitely. Even if you don't find many people online for some reason or another, it's got a ton of minigames and a tournament for you to do, and you can always play vs bots too.

UGHHHHHHH I wish my stupid PS4 would not have broke...

TMC

UGHHHHHHH I wish my stupid PS4 would not have broke...

You mean PS3?

I doubt the SARPBC bots could replace that one great bot we had in that game last night. I loved that replay where the ball is about to enter the goal and the bot is centered right in the middle in front of the goal. No attempt to jump or block. It just sat there. It was hilarious.

BShadowJ

I doubt the SARPBC bots could replace that one great bot we had in that game last night. I loved that replay where the ball is about to enter the goal and the bot is centered right in the middle in front of the goal. No attempt to jump or block. It just sat there. It was hilarious.

And then we didn't have a bot... and we didn't even notice it until the middle of the game. Bots truly are the MVP of this game!

Yes, good catch lol. PS3=Broken, not PS4

To be fair, my PS4 feels broken without being able to play this game... So I get it :p

TMC

And then we didn't have a bot... and we didn't even notice it until the middle of the game. Bots truly are the MVP of this game!

To be fair, my PS4 feels broken without being able to play this game... So I get it :p

I came home from work and realized that I can't boot this up and play tonight until I go to bed. These withdrawals are rough man. I felt this same way when Breaking Bad ended :(

BShadowJ

I came home from work and realized that I can't boot this up and play tonight until I go to bed. These withdrawals are rough man. I felt this same way when Breaking Bad ended :(

I just want a quick study break consisting of Rocket League… Is that too much to ask?

So what do I play now?

Glad to know I'm not the only one with withdrawal symptoms...

The impression I'm getting is that this was surprisingly great?

Well, to me it wasn't really surprising because I played the original, but to everyone that first tried it, yes I think there were a lot of people who were surprised at how good this was. You should try it too when the next beta comes! :)

TMC

The impression I'm getting is that this was surprisingly great?

This game is absolutely fantastic. To say it surprised me would be an understatement. I probably would never have bothered to load this up if I didn't read this thread. Some of the best online gaming I have experienced in a long time. Cannot wait for the full game!

hawk2025

Really exciting, guys.

I'll try to sign up for the next round, but if I don't make it, I'm pretty much sold based on the reactions I've seen to this beta.

hao chi

Really exciting, guys.

I'll try to sign up for the next round, but if I don't make it, I'm pretty much sold based on the reactions I've seen to this beta.

This one seemed really easy to get into, so you probably can get in.

Did anyone actually apply for this beta and not get in?

Sadly the online is a total laggy mess for me.

Took the words out of my mouth. I bought the game hoping it will fill the Rocket League shaped void in my life.. But it hasn't. The lack of Ball-Cam toggle and the online lag effects the gameplay to the point where it's a lottery whether or not you're even going to hit the ball. Pretty gutted. Makes me want to see if any of the Unreal Tournaments still have any Deathball servers up. It must be about 10 years since I've played that though, so won't hold my breath..

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
A few words regarding the features we will ship with...
Postby Psyonix-Dave on Wed May 06, 2015 3:08 pm

This isn't about confirming any specific features so don't get too excited. ;)

With the all the hype building as we edge closer to release I see many suggestion threads about what features should be there on day one. I love these threads and I want to continue hearing everyone's ideas.

I also want to make sure everyone understands that we are doing everything we can to get as many features in as possible. Psyonix devs are already the biggest Rocket League fans of all. Our desired feature list is absolutely, unequivocally, GIGANTIC. You can assume it easily already contains the vast majority of suggestions we see posted here and other places.

Unfortunately, this is exactly why the game has taken so long to come out. We can't stand to cut awesome things.

So here is the situation we face... this game needs to come out and it needs to come out soon. I think we all agree on that. I most people would agree it would be better to get it out asap, even excluding some seemingly must-have features. Some of the stuff we're leaving on the cutting floor is seriously painful for us. It is going to be painful for many of you as well when you see a desired feature not make it.

HOWEVER, there is a bright side!

We WILL be updating this game. Day one features are what we consider the bare minimum. Additionally, the hype for this game has exceeded our expectations. That means there is real potential this time for the game to support itself. We only have a fraction of our available team to work on it right now, but if it does well there is no limit to the amount of features we can bring to the table post-release. Our goal right now is to put out a solid release with enough features for it to be successful. If it does as well as I hope it does then the feature train will keep on rolling. We're already planning to announce some of the biggest "must-have" features that aren't making release as part of the first update.

Please remember that we're doing it this way so you can have the game! So please bear with us if something doesn't make the cut that you're waiting for. We're on it.

EDIT: This definitely isn't intended to "soften the blow" on us not releasing stuff. We're releasing a ton of features. We can't get everything every single person wants though but it's important to remember were going to keep adding new things.

http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10943&sid=f8beec13f1eb83a8d71f94b261b6fc35

Hasney

Awesome post from the devs there. Considering how fun the game is just with one area, I totally agree with that approach. Get it out with as much as you can in the summer and keep support going, then as thing are added, the player base will probably drop in and out as new things are added, so the player count should remain high.

Steiner84

i like the honest approach they are showing towards the fans.

I think they are a bit overwhelmed by what is happening atm regarding their game with the last beta.
You just have to be a evil person to not like this game at least a little bit and im not sure they expected the reactions they got.

There will be an AMA with 3 of them today at 2pm Pacific Time.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...us_for_the_psyonix_rocket_league_ama_may_7th/

jts

...hate me...
I'd preorder this game if I could, to show my support.

Wouldn't even feel guilty about it because at this point I had so much fun with the game, I honestly feel like I'm in debt to someone.

Steiner84

I'd preorder this game if I could, to show my support.

Wouldn't even feel guilty about it because at this point I had so much fun with the game, I honestly feel like I'm in debt to someone.

yeah same feeling lol.
they said there will be more infos about the game every week starting from now on, so i guess we will get the release date soon.
maybe after the secoind beta if that doesnt find any deal breaking bugs they will annoucne the date.
The 2nd beta as rumored to start at the end of this month.

WITHE1982

Yeah, that's fine.

Great stuff.

I don't want to miss out on it this time around as I could only manage a handful of games in the last Beta.

Edit: Just bought Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars for the princely sum of £1.99. I just need my fix.

BShadowJ

i like the honest approach they are showing towards the fans.

I think they are a bit overwhelmed by what is happening atm regarding their game with the last beta.
You just have to be a evil person to not like this game at least a little bit and im not sure they expected the reactions they got.

There will be an AMA with 3 of them today at 2pm Pacific Time.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...us_for_the_psyonix_rocket_league_ama_may_7th/

Yeah I totally agree with you, it's actually refreshing seeing a dev being honest about what their goals and expectations are. I just hope they have a ton of success because they totally deserve it. Even if the game ships in a more "barebones" state, it'll be a ton of fun since they already nailed the core gameplay, and it can only go up from there with more content and features!

BShadowJ

Hey all, I just made the video public.

Rocket League - Beta Montage with NeoGAF: https://youtu.be/ZwTwB8xDRV0

Includes several GAF games over a few days of the beta, including when we held the server hostage!

Yeeeeees it's out!! Awesome montage! Every time I watch it it brings a smile to my face remembering the final night and all of its crazy action. And I've watched many times now LOL

This is what it's all about folks! If anyone still has any doubts about how fun and crazy this game is, this video will certainly clear all of them away. Can't wait for the next beta so we can do this all over again! :p

Also, at 2:23, that goal was totally on the right goal.
On my mind it totally is at least... :'(

Hey all, I just made the video public.

Rocket League - Beta Montage with NeoGAF: https://youtu.be/ZwTwB8xDRV0

Includes several GAF games over a few days of the beta, including when we held the server hostage!

nice!!

I love watching Rocket League videos

Game has serious potential to be an e-sport. Someone out there has to do a "Top 10" weekly show, I'd watch the hell out of it!

I'm super happy that they have so much they want to do with the game. Let's hope reviewers have as much fun and that word of mouth overwhelmingly pushes this little game far.

LaneDS

If they were like, hey the beta is the full product, give us $20 for it, I'd do it. That was singularly the most fun I've had playing a game in quite some time and honestly don't care if there are more features (would appreciate and welcome more, but don't need them).

Top Bottom