• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League (Switch) November 14th

Hoshigumi

Oh cool. Unlocked the Samus car on like my 5th match

I managed it on my 2nd unlock! I quite like using the Mario/Luigi car though, those sound effects when you jump oh boy... if only it started going WAHHOOOOOo occasionally I would be in true nirvana.

Darhkwing

the samus car engine just sounds a bit rubbish IMO.

I know this is crossplay but can I actually play with friends on pc or xbox? Or is it just random.

Trying this game for the first time ever. Not sure why I haven’t played it before..

I think it looks great and controls fine on switch. Glad I but the bullet and gave it a download.

MetalSlug

It's a little difficult playing at 60hz. Too used to playing at 120hz on the PC, but it seems easier to beat Switch people online :)

I bought the game but have been playing Doom recently. I'll eventually get into it. I only played one match online without knowing anything about how the game played. My team won but I contributed nothing!
It was fun though.

Fbh

So, do people on other platforms see the platform exclusive cars?.
Will people on PC see the Samus car or will it be replaced by the default car for them ?

the samus car engine just sounds a bit rubbish IMO.

I know this is crossplay but can I actually play with friends on pc or xbox? Or is it just random.

It kinda sounds like an electric car. Which I guess makes sense but I would have like more of a "space engine " sound.

As far as I know, you can create a private match to play with/against your friends on PC and Xbox. I'm not sure if you can actually form a party and play ranked matches.

Pila

I'm almost afraid to buy this again.

Put so many hours into it on Xbox.

How does it control with Switch's digital controls? I figured that would be a major issue.

I was really scared about this, but I can totally do the stuff I usually do on PC. I "only" played 200 hours on Steam though, maybe pro people will find the digital buttons a no-go? It's fine to me, you just tap the buttons.

It is ugly and jaggy but it's not the awful, horror stuff it looks on those screenshots. While you drive it kinda works, being a fluid, fast game helps. I do believe there's room for improvement, Switch can be pushed a little more imo. Please note I'm playing on a 40'' 1080p TV, so there's that. It's not a 4K monster screen...

Anyway, it runs great and it's always crazy funny. I'm playing less Splatoon this time (maybe burned from the first one) so this thing maybe will end up being my most played game on the Switch. XD

Pila

The Samus car is very cool but I just can't. I need the Breakout. I'll wear a Luigi hat for the Nintendo swag factor ^^ can't leave my fav in the garage.

The Switch userbase is Smurfville for obvious reasons but I'm surprised at how many smurfs I meet on crossplay matches. Rookies doing aerials like it's nothing XD yeah, such a rookie amirite.

I can play just fine with the joycons but I gotta say I miss having bigger sticks :/ guess I'll suck it up and buy a pro controller.

I knew that having this game always ready to go was a bad idea... I'm tired as hell at work, need more sleep. XD

Top Bottom