• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League (Switch) November 14th

NoKisum

I'm genuinely surprised no one is talking about this here.

Nintendo put up a Nintendo Minute video inside Psyonix studios where they revealed the game will be out on Switch on November 14th. Mario, Luigi, and Samus cars will be included for free.

Andyliini

It looks all right, altough I'm not really interested in this type of game. Hopefully it sells well, so Switch might get more support in the future.

So excited for this one. My PC isn't really a good one for gaming, and I don't own any other consoles that have this game in their libraries. The fact that it's cross-play is the cherry on top.

EDarkness

I think this means we'll almost definitely get a Direct in November. They have almost nothing announced for December and so we'll need to know what's going on with December and January. No idea what their January game is gonna be. At least now everyone knows Rocket League is gonna be out next month...and that month is stacked with releases.

Falchion

Very cool, no reason for me to get it since I already play on Xbox but I'm happy to have more people in the player pool.

Whizkid7

I remember picking it up on sale on my PS4, but I've never even touched it on there.

On Switch, though? Gonna play the HELL outta that shit.Bunch of my Switch buddies are gonna grab it too, so I know I'll have people to play with.

I remember picking it up on sale on my PS4, but I've never even touched it on there.

On Switch, though? Gonna play the HELL outta that shit.Bunch of my Switch buddies are gonna grab it too, so I know I'll have people to play with.

The game has cross-platform play with Xbox One and PC, so even more players to play with online.

bman94

Switch has a ton of third party support in November. Pretty crazy since November is usually a Nintendo exclusive month dor their consoles.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh god, my money :(

that 5 minute crack addiction will hit me bad.

I was hooked on PC but I had an elite controller and got used to the paddles and then my controller broke. Hope I can adapt on switch, the control was really jarring without the paddles.

DKPOWPOW

This, DooM, and Zelda DLC shall be mine in the month of my birth. Perhaps, Skyrim as well.... Maybe FIFA too.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow no enthusiasm for Rocket league what the hell.

I have to assume that anyone who plays it on the more serious side already has it on PC. Then, you factor in everyone who got it as a PS+ game or on xbox, and what you're left with is a very small minority who only owns a Nintendo console who hasn't bought it yet.

This is a huge selling point on the Switch, surprised it isn't more of a hot topic. I mean yeah, Rocket League has been out for a while, but portable rocket league? The game was meant for it.

Goddamn! I have barely played it on PS4 since the year it launched, but having it on a portable sounds so nice.

I actually put a ton of time into the original one on PS3; can anyone tell me if there's enough single player challenges and stuff to sustain this on the go without internet? I exclusively played online matches with friends when it came out on PS+.

neurophd

I haven’t thought this through...how will non analog triggers work for acceleration/brake? Seems like a big disadvantage.

bender

What time is it?
Did they mention what DLC is included? It will also be interesting to see how they handles crates with a new platform with a lot of previous series of crates being retired. I really wish Psyonix would come up with a way for unlocks and stats to be carried across platforms. I'll probably triple dip so I can practice on the go.

R00bot

I haven’t thought this through...how will non analog triggers work for acceleration/brake? Seems like a big disadvantage.

I have a usb controller with analog triggers. I actually don't know if the Switch supports it but I guess Rocket League will be the test.

I wonder if now that the Gamecube adapter works on the Switch if the analog shoulder buttons will function for this game. Probably not, but who knows.

neurophd

I have a usb controller with analog triggers. I actually don't know if the Switch supports it but I guess Rocket League will be the test.
The only reason I would get this is to play in portable mode...I will play on XOX otherwise. Seems like joycon triggers not optimal for speed control. I am interested to hear impressions.

R00bot

The only reason I would get this is to play in portable mode...I will play on XOX otherwise. Seems like joycon triggers not optimal for speed control. I am interested to hear impressions.

Well yeah, I can put up with no analog triggers when portable, it'd be nice if I could get analog control when playing at home though, especially if I'm playing against PC and Xbox players with cross platform play.

Pila

That promotional video inside devs' office was pretty cool.

Samus car is AWESOME. I love it. I have Rocket League on Steam and it's been 200+ hours always driving the Breakout, I barely tried anything else. Now I finally feel like switching to a new car, it's just so cool and metroidy.

Dayone, sure thing. I like my PC but I love the idea of being able to play RL after three seconds if I feel like it. That's something my old build just can't do.

Can't wait!

newsguy

I now own this on PS4, Xbox, steam and Switch. It really is my gotf. Since it launched, I’ve played tons of other games, but I always come back to RL, and that’s more than I can say about any game I’ve ever played.

Poppyseed

Game is 60fps on handheld mode. Played last night. Graphics are a little blurry but nowhere near Doom. It’s super fun and online is awesome!

Finally could play some decent amount of matches and, fuck, it's Rocket league in my hands! I'm going to put so many hours into this.

Graphics really seem to be way worse in some stages than others for some reason. In some cases it really looks like 480p or so. But, despite that, the game does not become unplayable or less fun because of it so I'm really happy with this, it was my most waned fans on the switch after Zelda and Mario and finally I have all 3!

Now Skyrim this Friday which I've never played. What a month Nintendo!

Finally could play some decent amount of matches and, fuck, it's Rocket league in my hands! I'm going to put so many hours into this.

Graphics really seem to be way worse in some stages than others for some reason. In some cases it really looks like 480p or so. But, despite that, the game does not become unplayable or less fun because of it so I'm really happy with this, it was my most waned fans on the switch after Zelda and Mario and finally I have all 3!

Now Skyrim this Friday which I've never played. What a month Nintendo!

I only require Spelunky and Dark Souls and I can name it greatest console ever.

Puggles

Bought! Don't really care about graphics, I can play in 4k on my PC if I want. All I want is Rocket League in bed.

I'm almost afraid to buy this again.

Put so many hours into it on Xbox.

How does it control with Switch's digital controls? I figured that would be a major issue.

Top Bottom