• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim Movies Coming To Netflix This Summer

J-Roderton

Didn't see anything posted yet.

Link

Both movies feature their original voice casts, while their respective creators took up writing and directing duties. The films have been in the works for quite some time. Nickelodeon released a teaser for Static Cling in 2017, and said the spinoff of classic '90s series Rocko's Modern Life would be released in 2018, though that evidently never came to pass. Meanwhile, a teaser for Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus emerged at San Diego Comic Con last year.

Remember this?

Here's this too.

Rocko rules. Hope this is good.

Last edited:
Oh hell yeah

giphy.gif

Great news

Last edited:
New Rocko in current year is so weird to me. I'll at least have to take a look at what they end up making though.

Gimme one of these with Ren and Stimpy and I can die a happy man-child.

There was supposed to be one way back during the Adult Party Cartoon period but John K fucked it all up. And supposedly Nickelodeon now considers it a tainted property due to those episodes, plus John K's recent pedo stuff surely hasn't helped matters. =/

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
New Rocko in current year is so weird to me. I'll at least have to take a look at what they end up making though.

There was supposed to be one way back during the Adult Party Cartoon period but John K fucked it all up. And supposedly Nickelodeon now considers it a tainted property due to those episodes, plus John K's recent pedo stuff surely hasn't helped matters. =/
Yeah why did he have to be a pedo now I can't watch my cartoons!
800107-bigthumbnail.jpg

Yeah why did he have to be a pedo now I can't watch my cartoons!
800107-bigthumbnail.jpg

Well luckily I don't think any cartoons he directed were such that they could be fully recontextualizing in light of such info coming out but he and his career are blighted and basically finished.

Edit: Well not counting some of his web shorts which were highly questionable already...

Last edited:

Didn't know that, that's pretty fucked up. I didn't like those 'adult' episodes due to the complete lack of wit to the humor that came from skirting children's show censors.

It's kind of like the difference between a flirty outfit and a stripper.

It still makes no sense to me why Zim didn't get a revival ages ago when it gained such a cult following, but better late than never.

Rocko is also not something I ever expected to return, so that's cool.

I wish these were series and not just movies, but I'll take whatever we can get.

dolabla

Very excited Rocko got a release date. Been waiting forever. I wonder why they're not showing it on Nickelodeon like they did with the new Hey Arnold movie? Hoping it gets a DVD release like Hey Arnold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom