• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Four Tops – $9.99

* Four Tops “Bernadette” – Alt. Rhythm
* Four Tops “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”
* Four Tops “It’s The Same Old Song” – Alt. Lead
* Four Tops “Reach Out I’ll Be There”

Xyber

The streak of songs I have no interest in continues. :(

A big part of me hopes it is because they are saving all the good stuff for Rocksmith 2018, which is long overdue already.

Kelly Clarkson? Why?

The streak of songs I have no interest in continues. :(

A big part of me hopes it is because they are saving all the good stuff for Rocksmith 2018, which is long overdue already.

I thought it was just me! Yeah, it's on a bit of a down streak lately. I mean, the Four Tops don't bother me but I have absolutely no desire to play their songs. At least South Park ships this month, meaning RSIII could be coming next.

no idea who this is lol

I wish I didn't.

Who asked for this?

Not me or Xyber, and III-V doesn't even know who she is. My money's on Toy.

2000s Mix III – $7.99

* Band of Horses “The Funeral” – Capo Required [Alt. Lead/Alt. Rhythm] | Eb Standard [Bass]
* Hinder “Lips of an Angel” – Drop C
* Kelly Clarkson “Breakaway”

jumper

Yeah, the recent DLC isn't grabbing my attention. At least it gives me a chance to look at prior releases. But it does worry me a bit that maybe we'll have to expect more of this level of DLC.

BTO? Not for me. Always reminds me of these guys.

I honestly thought Ain't Seen Nothing Yet was their only song, a one hit wonder.

CHijAFNXAAAeHew.jpg

Bachman-Turner Overdrive – $7.99

* Bachman-Turner Overdrive “Let It Ride”
* Bachman-Turner Overdrive “Takin’ Care of Business”
* Bachman-Turner Overdrive “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet”

Variety Pack next week with Rusted Root's 'Send Me On My Way'.

I'm going to have a nap, someone wake me up when the RS DLC starts being interesting again.

Cool, we're back

Variety Pack XII – $9.99

Colin Hay of Men At Work “Down Under” – Alt. Lead
DragonForce “Through The Fire and Flames” – Alt. Lead
Elton John “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”
Rusted Root “Send Me On My Way”

Therion

Cool, we're back

Variety Pack XII – $9.99

Have they ever packed a variety pack with so much variety before? I reckon there must be something here for everyone.

Xyber

Cool, we're back

Variety Pack XII – $9.99

Not a bad pack, but nothing for me really.

Public registration for reset era should be up either sometime tonight or tomorrow. I have an OT up and some familiar faces are there already. If you're interested in going over there, a RS thread is waiting for you guys. Hope to see you there!

jumper

So, this really works?

My experience is that it helped me stay engaged and keep practicing, and yes during all of that practice I improved. I'd slowly improve in forming chord shapes with my hands and what not (due to just practice and muscle memory), and speed and transitions, etc. In other words, it should definitely help with technical skill. And there's new DLC songs that come out weekly.

In terms of ear training or learning guitar theory, it doesn't really teach that (well, sort of - there is a session mode for you to practice scales though).

That said, if you do pick it up, I can offer a couple of tips when tackling a song in Rocksmith (mostly around using the 'riff repeater' feature)

http://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmit...r-of-the-gods-pursuit-of-vikings-guitar-bass/

Amon Amarth – $11.99

* Amon Amarth ”Death in Fire" – B Standard [Rhythm/Lead]
* Amon Amarth ”Guardians of Asgaard" – B Drop A (AEADF#B) [Rhythm/Lead]
* Amon Amarth ”The Pursuit of Vikings" – B Standard [Rhythm/Lead]
* Amon Amarth ”Twilight Of The Thunder God" – B Standard [Rhythm/Lead]
* Amon Amarth ”War of the Gods" – B Standard [Rhythm/Lead]

Top Bottom