• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar - Disappointing gen?

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I'd like to see another Chinatown Wars like GTA for the Switch (and PC, PS, XB) which tries new things gameplay-wise. Too bad it didn't do so well on the NDS.

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
There are many people who love GTA:O on consoles and PC, and last gen consoles. They took on a games as a service and got huge return for it. They were one of the first to jump on it and maybe foresaw it from the RDR O and GT4:O. They kept a community really active amazing mods have come out, incredible numbers of youtube videos/streams with their game.

I don't know, I don't call that disappointing. Also RDR2 is the best western shooter rpg ever.

Last edited:

Skyr

I still can't get over the input lag. Holding out for a next gen release where hopefully it can be solved.
It’s the worst aspect of the game for me. A higher frame rate would help but most of it had to do with too ambitious animation transitions.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's kinda bad that it was just one game, but the generation it's not over yet and I'm always on "take your time".

They do nice jobs, and I'm happy with it.

Acidizer

Banned
It's kinda bad that it was just one game, but the generation it's not over yet and I'm always on "take your time".

They do nice jobs, and I'm happy with it.

They must be hoping to get a PS4 version of GTA 6 out in time so they can have all those double dippers again. There's still a year and a bit left so could well be possible.

Last edited:
I still can't get over the input lag. Holding out for a next gen release where hopefully it can be solved.
Kills the game for me.

Characters control like a tank. Also the game is almost entirely reliant on auto-aim and deadeye. Using this strong auto-aim and deadeye feels like cheats to me.

Plus points: Fantastic atmosphere and presentation but the game is let down by the fact that its not trying to be a game. Instead its trying to be a wild west simulator. Its fine to create a game that looks lifelike but I much dislike it when it plays like it too.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Also the game is almost entirely reliant on auto-aim and deadeye. Using this strong auto-aim and deadeye feels like cheats to me.

No its not. Put it on free aim

Mobilemofo

I like rdr2 but rarely find the motivation to play it now.. Don't think I've bothered with gta5 since I replaced my. Ps4 with the pro. I simply cannot be arsed waiting for the online component to load. Shit takes forever.

dorkimoe

I’d imagine it’s entirely dependent on how much much you enjoyed RDR2
Agreed. That game is a MASTERPIECE. I dont even play games for the story, so I am rating it purely on gameplay and what you can do. That game is ridiculously incredible.

zkorejo

Gta online ... I blame gtao. It was great until heists. Then it overstayed it's welcome. I personally also think red dead redemption 2 suffered because of it, and also because of the lack of Leslie benz. It had its moments but it felt very weirdly paced and repetitive.

I hope they aren't complacent. It would be a shame to see Rockstar only doing gta every 10 years and cashing in on gtao until the next release.

bobone

[/QUOTE]
XXXX had a great presentation but was a crappy game.

Basically applies to all games this gen. Not just Rockstar.
Even Nintendo has been suffering from this, and they are usually the "gameplay first" company.

GC_DALBEN

I Liked RDR2, but the delay on the controller killed the game for me, i finished the game and i liked, but ill never play it again, the controls are horrible on XBOX, the input lag is simply too much.

Sorry about my english.

iorek21

Hated GTA V's SP (and I still don't know what's Online about).

RDR2 is quite nice, but not that enjoyable to play.

Pretty disappointing gen

small_law

It's funny because during the GTA 3-Vice City-San Andreas heydays, I was starting to worry that Rockstar was burning everyone out with too much of a good thing. That's not even considering one-offs like Bully and the Warriors.

GTA online has been an unbelievable cash cow for them. Releasing anything that could potentially compromise its success would been foolish from a business perspective. Once that thing took off, we weren't going to see another GTA this generation.

I wish I had gotten into RDR2, but I just didn't have the patience for it. I think if I had stuck with it for a few more hours, I would have gone all in like I did with RDR. I absolutely get what they were going for, but I couldn't get into the mood for it.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Its disappointing we didn't get any story dlc for either GTA V or RDR 2. I couldn't deal with the boring microtransaction infested online in either. I played GTA online quite a bit more than RDR online tho. But you can only free roam so much before its absolutely boring.

I honestly don't know how some can play it for years.

MiguelItUp

Honestly I adored RDR2, so I don't think this at all. However, I will say it would've been awesome to have seen some kind of RDR2 DLC. Shame we didn't get any of that.

Top Bottom