• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Collection Coming Soon, 4 games for the price of 1

Massa

This isn't real, right? Surely they would never include the GTA episodes over vanilla game first?

They'll probably have a different edition with vanilla GTA IV with RDR DLC so people are forced to buy both. (Or in reality, people will buy neither. Fuck you Rockstar).

Woo very nice! Giving Orange Box a run for its money as the best valued retail package EVA!

I swear if they brought this to WiiU I would buy the WiiU on day one.

GlamFM

Banned
Once again the hate for noire surprises me.

Not one of my favorites for sure, but a very unique experience and a huge achievement.

Glad I played it.

Marz

Haven't touched any of these games.

In fact I haven't played any of Mass Effect Trilogy, God of War Saga, Metal Gear HD Collection etc.

Perfect year for me to get a PS3 xD

I preferrefed Gay Tony over the Quick and the Dead, or whatever it's called. Still pretty good though. I got real sick of hearing "the brotherhood" by the end of it though. And bikes just aren't as good as cars in these types of games where crashing a lot is just a way of life.

I haven't played any of these so I guess this collection is aimed at someone like me. How playable are the Liberty City Story expansions without playing GTA4?

Jay Sosa

I haven't played any of these so I guess this collection is aimed at someone like me. How playable are the Liberty City Story expansions without playing GTA4?

BOGT is the only GTA you 'need' to play. 4 is horrible and Lost and Damned pretty boring (but still waaaaay better than 4). Storywise you won't miss anything by skipping those two.

While I agree Rockstar never capitalised on GTA IV complete's crossing narratives IV is not worthless. It has much more nuanced characters. Ballad of Gay Tony is a caricature. IV is a more sombre tale.
We're never getting RDR on PC, are we?
Leeds could be doing something. Dunno, maybe it's just a Vita game. Don't hold your breath?

Jay Sosa

While I agree Rockstar never capitalised on GTA IV complete's crossing narratives IV is not worthless. It has much more nuanced characters. Ballad of Gay Tony is a caricature. IV is a more sombre tale.

The story is the only thing that didn't piss me off in GTA 4 so in that regard I have to agree with you. But even so you don't miss a thing when you skip it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
This is perfect for me.

I don't own any of them, but would like to play all of them, save for Midnight Club.
And only own vanilla GTAIV.

Top Bottom