• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
Added my piece

UDAbQMo.jpg

R* Presents... No Man's Redemption

QoPz2Em.png

Rockstar ain't the average dev team.

They always take their time on this. Like for real anybody getting their hopes up for a spring 2017 release are hurting themselves.

It has precisely nothing to do with the dev team and everything to do with the marketing team, who presumably saw how well Fallout 4 went down with the rest of us.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
If I turn out to be right from 2015 (here)...
JoJo UK said:
I would like to see a RDR prequel (not revolver) showing John Martson coming to realize he needs to get out of the gang he has been running with. I don't want to play has his son again, maybe if they get a new voice actor... like just get the dude who played John back.
and here
JoJo UK said:
Red Dead Renegade as the title perhaps?

Corpekata

Banned
Red Dead online is a definite.

GTA online has made them millions and Red Dead will do the same.

I think it will do well enough but I hope they don't have such high hopes for it. It's not like GTA which is set in modern times where you can have loads of cars, boats, planes, tons of different weapons and whatnot.

I don't see as many people shelling out for different ponies.

Anth0ny

Times have changed, shorter cycles from announcement to release are preferable now.

times have changed since... three years ago? what makes you believe rockstar is going to subscribe to this "new philosophy".

Hell, which high profile games even follow this philosophy besides Fallout 4?

I think it will do well enough but I hope they don't have such high hopes for it. It's not like GTA which is set in modern times where you can have loads of cars, boats, planes, towns of different weapons and whatnot.

I don't see as many people shelling out for different ponies.

if they sell a ride-able lion as dlc... bruh.

Cornbread78

Not sure about RDR's dev time, but I can give some insight into the VA process.

During the course of development, you'll have multiple VO shoots. The goal is to start with things that are as locked down as possible, so your barks for combat, general NPC greetings, etc. As the game develops and the script gets locked down for missions, the later shoots are used for those. There is usually a shoot close to the end of production called a pick-up shoot where anything that is missing or got added gets recorded. In general, at least in my experience, VO is something that happens mid-to-end of the production cycle.

Now, lots of studios use temp voice in the interim so that they can get a rough feel for things.

That's awesome, Thanks for the insight!

Very good stuff

Ydelnae

I don't mind it being set before the events of Redemption, but please, brand new characters. I don't want any of the protagonists tied to past characters and I don't want the story to be a prequel.

shandy706

Remastered RDR this year. New RDR next year

I do not want them wasting time on a remastered RDR. Put all the manpower into the new RDR.

There's already an "HD (720p)" "remaster" that works better than the original anyway. Just grab one of those $150-$170 X1's and play it ;).

Simo

Rockstar ain't the average dev team.

They always take their time on this. Like for real anybody getting their hopes up for a spring 2017 release are hurting themselves.

This thing has been cooking since 2012. 2018-2019 release? Hell naw otherwise why even bother releasing info until this time next year?

Ash735

Red Dead Redemption was in development from 2005 to 2010. This project at Rockstar San Diego has been in full development since 2012.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Imagine switching to first person mode, turning on dead eye, entering a saloon, dual wielding revolvers and then kill everything in slow mo.

DOWN

Banned
It's weird that Rockstar hasn't released a game in 3 years, and that the game was revealed 5 years ago, right?

Tovarisc

Picture has 7 characters, do we assume everyone of those is playable during SP story like GTAV has all 3 playable? Personally I hope they don't take that approach here because imo GTAV story suffers from character swapping.

It's weird that Rockstar hasn't released a game in 3 years, and that the game was revealed 5 years ago, right?

With R* there is nothing weird about that

Bumhead

Banned
all thanks to 2 images. imagine how much money other companies would need to spend to get near this level of marketing/hype.

Amazing isn't it.

2 images dropped on Twitter and Facebook. Total hype-splosion across gaming.

It sounds ridiculous but this might have just cost other companies some of my money this year. I'm now considering which of this years new games I don't buy so I can fit a play through of RDR in.

packy34

I thought the website code indicated it would be called Red Dead Retribution. Where are people getting Renegade from?

DOWN

Banned
This thing has been cooking since 2012. 2018-2019 release? Hell naw otherwise why even bother releasing info until this time next year?
GTA V was revealed 2 years before release. RDR was revealed well over a year before release.

Unless things have changed, Rockstar likes a long cycle of trailers and this game will be out in May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom