• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i know that but my question still stands. would they spend time and money doing it? surely it's better used elsewhere.

Yes they would but the problem was the fucked up code.

If it wasn't such a mess they would have done it already.

At least a PC port would have happened.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
... On what? More GTA Online stuff? A remaster would be profitable for them regardless of how much they spend on it.

maybe this new red dead game or some other game they are surely working on. i just think it would be better putting that time and money to something new instead of remaking something.

Yes they would but the problem was the fucked up code.

If it wasn't such a mess they would have done it already.

At least a PC port would have happened.

i know it has been said a million times already but if you read the comment i was replying to you'd have seen it was in regards to a complete remake not a straight port.

Mifec

Although I also doubt this is a RDR remaster I hate the idea that just because "the code was fucked" people think this was a reason to no bother.

God forbid people put actual work into a remaster, and instead just upscale it and put it out the door.

The sales within the first hour of a RDR remaster release would pay for the costs of development and then some.

I agree 100% with you, we saw that with the alan wake port too, but execs don't think the same sadly. In RDR's case like you said it'd prolly happen in the first hour.

shandy706

Br00TCn.gif

He was perfect as Marston. I just don't get how he didn't get more offers in the industry.

Yeah, he did an incredible job.

I like this guy though, family and life first...work is just what pays the bills now. Good man as far as that's concerned. That article gave me a lot of respect for him.

I hope they've called him for this though...even if he's just a side character.

I think the person to our left of the guy in the middle is a woman. Notice the straight line on the right side of the head instead of ears / short hair outline that the other ones have. I think it's a woman with long straight hair

etta

my hard graphic balls
Whatever it is, it better have fucking boatloads of snow and snowstorms like in The Hateful Eight.

Anth0ny

I think the person to our left of the guy in the middle is a woman. Notice the straight line on the right side of the head instead of ears / short hair outline that the other ones have. I think it's a woman with long straight hair

I want to play as lady Trevor that just fucks up everyone's shit.

primary_leigh38b4u.jpeg

Stiler

Woke up this morning and saw the image.

I can't be the only one that really hopes it's NOT Dutch's gang and a prequel am I?

I was hoping for entirely new characters/setting in a much earlier time period. We already got an "old west" game, give us a good middle/early days of the west, before the west was properly settled or anything.

Imagine a game where you are rushing west with all the other settlers for land/money, trying to carve out a life and then something happens that leads you toward meeting all those other characters and joining up with them for something.

RogueShadow

Neo Member
Yeah, he did an incredible job.

I like this guy though, family and life first...work is just what pays the bills now. Good man as far as that's concerned. That article gave me a lot of respect for him.

I hope they've called him for this though...even if he's just a side character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ndT0Vc9nc

The plot thickens now......I think they do call him back.Especially if it is hinting at what it appears to be hinting at.

DOWN

Banned
If this is indeed a Red Dead sequel then I hope they'll be using the proper Euphoria physics they used in GTAIV/RDR and not the watered down garbage version that was in GTAV.
It got watered down as a compromise. Rockstar is rumored to be developing their own alternative internal replacement for what Euphoria gave them, no? At the worst, It's speculated that the last gen hardware was very tough to build on with the scale they aimed for in GTA V and this gen should help them a lot

Catdaddy

I really hope the new picture doesn't imply it is a multi-player focused game or something like that.

Get to switch between 7 characters instead of 3.

Face it, if this is happening - RD Online will happen, GTA Online is way to successful for them to not include it. As long as the single player/story mode portion is as robust as GTA5's it'll be alright.

Here's hoping we get a single player campaign and some story dlc. GTA v hinted that the company have developed multiplayer preference when it comes to support.

F4r0_Atak

I have a feeling it's gonna be a pre-sequel, as in a game that is set after Revolver but before Redemption. Hope that means that John Marston is gonna be the lead character again!! :D

croten

I can't be the only one that really hopes it's NOT Dutch's gang and a prequel am I?

I was hoping for entirely new characters/setting in a much earlier time period. We already got an "old west" game, give us a good middle/early days of the west, before the west was properly settled or anything.

Imagine a game where you are rushing west with all the other settlers for land/money, trying to carve out a life and then something happens that leads you toward meeting all those other characters and joining up with them for something.

I'm with you, RDR should be like GTA in that it should be a new cast every game

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
... On what? More GTA Online stuff? A remaster would be profitable for them regardless of how much they spend on it.

No. GTA Online is more profitable.

It has been insanely profitable.

I'd hate for them to put more money in that.

RDR remaster and a new game!

You all need to prepare yourselves for heavy multiplayer focus and probably the option of co-op all the way through the the game. That said there will be single player content of course, R* isn't stupid. They know a large chunk of GTA sales come from people who only play single player

LifEndz

The Hateful Eight ideas are really appealing. Really hoping for a more robust hunting system with more animal rarity stuff. And please let Texas hold'em be back but allow for play against other players online. Oh man...so freaking hyped!!

I really hope the new picture doesn't imply it is a multi-player focused game or something like that.

Usually my cynical ass would say "Yes of course!", but given that Rockstar likes to prioritize narrative in their games, I wouldn't throw away the notion there's a healthy single player component too.

But man oh man, cannot wait to get my hands on "A Fistful of Shark Cards" microtransactions pack!

Bizzquik

What if its....
Red Dead Redemption Remastered with Red Dead Online being included?

In other words, the exact same approach as they did with Grand Theft Auto 5 on new-gen consoles.

HiiiLife

For all we know it could be a brand new gang. I'm hoping for it.

But not opposed to play as Dutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom