• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

I love that we have a 73pg thread over two images. No title. No trailer. No dates. Nothing else.

Red Dead [Title] is going to be huge.

R* are hype master. Remember the GTA5 craze? Crazy times. A PS3/X360 game was the most hyped game in a year with NEW CONSOLES ON THE MARKET. That's just insane.

sjay1994

I love that we have a 73pg thread over two images. No title. No trailer. No dates. Nothing else.

Red Dead [Title] is going to be huge.

Its the sequel to one of the best open world games ever, of course its going to be huge. To me RDR is the best game (and imo the only good game) Rockstar has ever made.

RedDeadRevolver2.com is registered by Take-Two and has been updated quite recently.

4lZwR5F.png

SomTervo

yeah for sure that's a nice profit and infact they made $700,000,000 from it within the last 12 months but how much did GTA V make in the first 24 hours? $800,000,000. After 72 hours it was over $1,000,000,000. Within 8 months it had reached $2,000,000,000.

the fact is that GTA Online doesn't bring in anywhere near the amount of money that GTA V did.

It's a longer term investment, though. A slow burn. Which is important, you can't bank it all on single release dates.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Shooting was only just "ok" and watching a horses arse go up and down was about 98% of the rest.

I thought the shooting and horse-riding felt great. The latter hasn't been bettered (it was a rush taking corners and being chased by Marshalls) and the former felt great: feedback was on point, hit locations were great, and the damage the enemy took was marvelous imo.

Really hope reddeadonline.com just means that it will have a strong multiplayer component like GTA 5 but still have an awesome Single Player too. If its an online only game, that will be a massive disappointment for me.

RocknRola

yeah for sure that's a nice profit and infact they made $700,000,000 from it within the last 12 months but how much did GTA V make in the first 24 hours? $800,000,000. After 72 hours it was over $1,000,000,000. Within 8 months it had reached $2,000,000,000.

the fact is that GTA Online doesn't bring in anywhere near the amount of money that GTA V did.

$700,000,000 with minimal work/expenditure (on the actual online content) over the course of 12 months is amazing. Holy crap. Add the money they made/are still making from actually selling copies of the game and it's hard to argue against their current business model (even if we don't particularly enjoy it).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Its the sequel to one of the best open world games ever, of course its going to be huge. To me RDR is the best game (and imo the only good game) Rockstar has ever made.

I actually agree with you. I love the GTA games but I think Redemption is the best game they've put out but I definitely wouldn't say it's their only good game.

Alienous

There were rumors about it being online focused, right? After the focus they've put on GTA Online maybe they are going to remove the distinction between offline and online.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the new game doesn't suck, after all Leslie Benzies is not available anymore to sort any potential mess in the development. Also god damn Read Dead Redemption was an amazing game that still looks good today.

SomTervo

There were rumors about it being online focused, right? After the focus they've put on GTA Online maybe they are going to remove the distinction between offline and online.

The only rumours I recall were that the singleplayer and multiplayer were much more closely integrated, but that singleplayer characters/narratives were still a big focus.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I hope the new game doesn't suck, after all Leslie Benzies is not available anymore to sort any potential mess in the development. Also god damn Read Dead Redemption was an amazing game that still looks today.

i think they'll be fine without him. they can afford to hire the best people in the business.

Alienous

The only rumours I recall were that the singleplayer and multiplayer were much more closely integrated, but that singleplayer characters/narratives were still a big focus.

Yeah, but you could probably say the same about GTA Online. That had cutscenes, characters and things you'd generally see in a singleplayer campaign. So I could see it being an extension of that concept.

SomTervo

Yeah, but you could probably say the same about GTA Online. That had cutscenes, characters and things you'd generally see in a singleplayer campaign. So I could see it being an extension of that concept.

I meant like the rumours said there were still a couple of singleplayer-only characters.

But in all honestly, I wouldn't be bothered if they went full 'create your own characters' and the SP and MP were merged. As long as you could still play it however you like and there's a story and adventures to be had. The structure was almost identical in GTA Online, as you say.

I've been wishing AC went this way for a long time.

Revan

lol yeah because he can only ever wear the same hat all his life.

I'm not saying that - all of the promotional material for RDR was the bounty hunter outfit, which has a different hat. That's all.

I think it's a prequel and yes I think we will see Dutch's gang and Mr. Marston - but that image doesn't prove it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm not saying that - all of the promotional material for RDR was the bounty hunter outfit, which has a different hat. That's all.

I think it's a prequel and yes I think we will see Dutch's gang and Mr. Marston - but that image doesn't prove it.

and? it should be the same for this new game? i don't get why it has to be the same hat.

KorrZ

I am 100% in for a prequel with John Marston in Dutch's gang.

Mainly because JM is one of my favourite protagonists in recent memory. If they get the same voice actor back it would be amazing.

noise36

I have a love hate relationship with rockstar.

Still trying to charge Aussies $97.60 AUD for GTA 5 on steam which came out 3 years ago.

I already bought it on ps3 then ps4...wont grab for PC until its under $10.

Anyway loved RDR so looking forward to the sequel.

I am 100% in for a prequel with John Marston in Dutch's gang.

Mainly because JM is one of my favourite protagonists in recent memory. If they get the same voice actor back it would be amazing.

Except by his own admission he was a complete arsehole when he ran with Dutch's gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom