• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar: GTA:O and RDR:O to get big updates soon

cormack12

Gold Member

For Red Dead Online, players can expect a massive new update to arrive Tuesday, July 28th featuring a new Frontier Pursuit that will introduce players to the secrets of naturalism as part of an all-new Role, plus a new Outlaw Pass, tons of community-requested features and fixes, and much more to play and discover in the months to come.

A summer update to GTA Online is also on the way, offering up a fun mix of diverse new content from the game’s massive array of experiences to enjoy.

Later this year players can expect more big updates for both games, including some exciting new extensions and augmentations to an existing role in Red Dead Online, and the biggest ever update for GTA Online, featuring our latest take on Heists in an entirely new location.

GetemMa

Oh goodie.

Something Something "Pass" = Give us money to make the online game somewhat rewarding to play.

Let me guess the RDR online gameplay loop: Take wagon from here to here, shoot red dots.

For GTA: Drive over here, shoot guys, pickup nondescript packages, earn 1% of what you need for those new hubcaps.

Fuck off Rockstar. Let me know when you have an actual game to reveal.

I want to see if they can up their side quest mission design to Yakuza levels.

Last edited:
lol no thanks. still waiting for that SP DLC....

at least have the decency to say you cancelled it because you became a bunch of a greedy asswipes.

If I don't get a RDR1 remaster in this new engine, I will call the UN and tell them to launch a nuke at Rockstar's HQ.

Hard to blame them for continuing to push their online modes when they’re ridiculously profitable. Kind of crazy that a company that used to make a couple games annually only managed to put out one new game last generation.

Tuff McNutt

GTA is my favorite series ever but I have long been bored of GTA:O. Oh boy, another garbage heist mission that will going towards paying a down payment on the latest overpriced vehicle.

Abear21

Banned
GTA:O is a joke, thank god for passive mode or else no new players would tolerate it. So you basically can’t really participate unless you pay $$$. Rockstar is so greedy they make it impossible to start as a new player, even when they give you millions for free.

Haven’t tried Red Dead Online yet but my experiences with GTA make me steer far clear.

Ahh the Blizzard-effect

Make one online game that creates a shit-ton of money and rest on your laurels laughing at the ever increasing bank account. I'm referring to OG WoW

Kerotan

Super hyped for gta. New update next month and then another including a heist come December. Can't wait,

Quasicat

I’ve gotten spoiled with crossplay, that this fell completely off of my map. Next gen will probably be the same way with some people going PS5 and others going to Xbox.

Top Bottom