• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rockstar Mag] GTA VI is a big mess and is likely to be bad

ripeavocado

Banned
RDR2 is a good game, which looks great, but is quite overrated IMO. It is the first game produced post-Benzies and it shows in a lot of ways. It is the least rockstarry rockstar game.

Sam Houser isn't really a creative btw, he was more the businessman whilst Dan is the creative.

From reporting on the lawsuit ….

I am sure when he left RDR2 was already in pre production

K2D

Banned
For the first time for me since GTA3, the next gta is on the back burner. Good job R* I guess?

Wonder what plans the Housers got..

Flabagast

It is obvious for anyone with minimum intelligence that RDR 2 was Rockstar (beautiful) swan song. GTA VI will be nothing else than shit for anyone who is not an American braindead teenager.

I keep saying the time has never been better for somebody to come in with a GTA killer but nobody is stepping up to the plate
Which is rather surprising considering open world games are so common now and even pretty similar to GTA in mechanics and style.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is so vague. “I’ve seen stuff, not worth sharing as things change fast, also totally matches the leaks.”

Thats what you get when your company goes woke... only garbage comes out.

Am I missing something here? Gtavi hasn't even been officially announced, literally every single bit of "information" about gtavi has come from some random 4chan user or zome other random person saying stuff. Literally anyone here could make up stuff about the game and it would hold the same level of validity.

And yet there are replies like..this? Where does this even come from? They've apparently gone "woke", and now release "only garbage"? Why not wait until actual information is released that's based on reality? You people are fighting some made up boogeyman here and it's really bizarre.

Unk Adams

Banned
Am I missing something here? Gtavi hasn't even been officially announced, literally every single bit of "information" about gtavi has come from some random 4chan user or zome other random person saying stuff. Literally anyone here could make up stuff about the game and it would hold the same level of validity.

And yet there are replies like..this? Where does this even come from? They've apparently gone "woke", and now release "only garbage"? Why not wait until actual information is released that's based on reality? You people are fighting some made up boogeyman here and it's really bizarre.
It's not really a "made up boogeyman" considering that the new GTA Trilogy Remasters have already confirmed to have content censored to appease the infantilized Twitter crowd.

Honestly I would be fine with R* not releasing another GTA, ever. The writing and "satire" was long in the tooth and stale by the time GTA V came out and frankly, real world shit these days is way more fucked up than whatever these guys can come up with. I have a softer spot for RDR2 in every possible aspect, from gameworld to writing, than any appreciation I can have towards GTA V.

So, fuck GTA I guess.

Himuro

This shows precisely the problem with modern games: too many eggs in the basket.

Rockstar releases one game a generation now. Sure, they're a billion dollar worth company, but if you release one game a generation what happens if one of those games turns out to be a dud? Rockstar is where they're at now because of their prior reputation. If GTAVi is a dude then that reputation goes down the drain. This entire thing reeks of greed and avarice and is a fantastic display of everything wrong with modern games. It has been nearly ten years since GTAV and Rockstar has utterly coasted on its coattails. I hate to say it but if GTAVI is a failure it will be well and truly just desserts.

Droxcy

Safe to say no one knows shit about this game because we've gone from this game being competetly reworked and project is in its infancy to game is ready for marketing and announcement is soon lol still give it till 2023-2024 with delay.

Raekwon26

Agreed.

This is the age we are in now.

kiphalfton

Red Dead Redemption Remastered is happening for Xbox Series/PS5/PC but is not set to release soon. Expect something ala GTA Trilogy Remastered (not a full remake, but more than a simple resolution upscale).

So a RDR Remaster where the characters look like shiny plastic figurines. If so, no thanks.

Shubh_C63

Realistically, has Rockstar ever released a game that is bad bad ?
Even with spaghetti code people rumored for RDR-1, was a hit.

First time for everything I guess.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Realistically, has Rockstar ever released a game that is bad bad ?

Sam Houser and Dam Houser were Rockstar games. They were GTA. They were Read Dead Redemption. With them gone we shouldn't automatically expect the same level of production / writing for the next game.

kyussman

It seems many of the games I've enjoyed over the years are changing into something that doesn't interest me much.....I'm 48 now and haven't got a PS5/XSX yet.....honestly if things keep going in this direction I may be done with gaming.....modern gaming trends are a big turn off for me,we'll see.

Ezquimacore

Banned
It seems many of the games I've enjoyed over the years are changing into something that doesn't interest me much.....I'm 48 now and haven't got a PS5/XSX yet.....honestly if things keep going in this direction I may be done with gaming.....modern gaming trends are a big turn off for me,we'll see.
Time to buy a PC and play last gen games and emulation at 4k

Bartski

Gold Member
Wait so all this rockstar going woke narrative is because they replaced a confederate flag on some npc's t-shirt in the remaster? Are you fucking kidding me.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Wait so all this rockstar going woke narrative is because they replaced a confederate flag on some npc's t-shirt in the remaster? Are you fucking kidding me.
No, it's because Rockstar literally said they will change stuff to "please modern audiences" and that's before the flag thing.

Buggy Loop

I can imagine. Rockstar is probably trying to make a Resetera approved GTA..

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I believe it, but only because I've been saying it for a while due to Dan Houser leaving. He's the mastermind, it's going to be super weird without him at the helm of these games.

actual question: when is the last time rockstar released a bad game?

GTA V online sucks and has always sucked, it's just super popular. It's a barely playable mess held together with tape. From what I hear RDR2 is kind of abandoned, dunno if that counts as "bad".

I would say L.A. Noire was a miss, 10 years old.

MarkyG

R* don't really make shit games IMO and GTA 6 will no doubt be another multi-million selling juggernaut. They're very much like Valve in the sense that they pretty much go dark during the development process. You're always going to have 'leaks' and rumours floating around. It gives us something to chew on while we wait. I am really looking forward to the GTA Trilogy Remasters though, I never really played the originals extensively so am looking forward to them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
R* don't really...

The point is that Dan Houser and others have now left Rockstar. Dan was the creative mastermind for almost everything from GTA: London to RDR2 in a career spanning almost 20 years. That signature Rockstar wit, for better or worse, will be absent from the games going forward, and RDR2 didn't win all those awards for its exciting press X to horse gameplay.

Saucy Papi

The part that makes this hard to believe is the fact that RDR 1 runs on a Rage "1.5" engine and is nothing short of a mess. There was a programmer that worked on it and he said it would be easier to do a remake rather than a remaster, so I would assume they would move it to a different engine.

oldergamer

Most of Rockstar's games are a mess in development. Its why as a company in the past they all were forced to work constant overtime. It was the only way to correct mistakes and restarts on various portions of the games. I don't know if the systemic overtime situation changed, but if it did, it will take them longer to release the next GTA.

Top Bottom