• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar teases GTA V expansion for next year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Please not zombies

Cletus based storyline. Also, a BUNCH of heists you can do whenever. Also, next-gen version.

The wording makes it sound like they might add a new region in San Andreas outside of Los Santos and Blaine County. Wishful thinking I know, but that would be grand.

Next gen DLC-only title please. I don't think I can bring myself to go back to old-gen at this point and I don't want to pay another $60 for the base game in the event that they do port it to XB1/Ps4.

Derrick01

Banned
I wouldn't expect an actual expansion since they said TLAD/BoGT style content isn't going to happen with GTA 5. In that sense the title should probably be reworked since most will expect that instead of smaller story-driven DLC.

Of course they could have lied I guess. I wouldn't put it past them with how GTA Online turned out.

BigDug13

Thank God for more single player content. When they announced a year ago that this game wouldn't have any chapter content like the episodes in GTA IV, I was bummed.

Glad they're going back on that.

"Southern San Andreas"

So, does that mean there's going to be a geographic expansion like they talked about some many months ago? Or is it simply referring to the city of Los Santos?

"Unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas..."

Kind of weird to call out the location like that, hints that they're expanding the geography of the game. There's a lot of talk throughout the game of running drugs and weapons over the border with Mexico, it's a big theme early in Trevor's storyline... one of the first missions with Trevor, you're flying a plane and talking about it, and then in other subsequent small missions, Trevor mentions his experience working with the Mexican drug cartels and drug mules.

I suppose "southern San Andreas" could just mean Los Santos, versus BLaine County, but why wouldn't they just say "Los Santos" instead?

I wouldn't think San Fierro because, well, San Francisco is well north of Los Angeles. Las Vegas / Las Venturas? Maybe?

Anyway, I'd really die for some more content in this game. After the horrible mess of GTA Online, I'm more eager to play the SP portion of the game... but I've pretty much done everything that I'd want to consider doing, minus the letter collection and sub missions,w hich I don't have much patience for.

dreamfall

Oh my! My excitement for single player DLC knows no bounds!

I hope we get introduced / play as other characters too. Southern San Andreas almost feels like they're teasing a new location?

RaikuHebi

Banned
"Unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas..."

Kind of weird to call out the location like that, hints that they're expanding the geography of the game. There's a lot of talk throughout the game of running drugs and weapons over the border with Mexico, it's a big theme early in Trevor's storyline... one of the first missions with Trevor, you're flying a plane and talking about it, and then in other subsequent small missions, Trevor mentions his experience working with the Mexican drug cartels and drug mules.

I suppose "southern San Andreas" could just mean Los Santos, versus BLaine County, but why wouldn't they just say "Los Santos" instead?

I wouldn't think San Fierro because, well, San Francisco is well north of Los Angeles. Las Vegas / Las Venturas? Maybe?

Anyway, I'd really die for some more content in this game. After the horrible mess of GTA Online, I'm more eager to play the SP portion of the game... but I've pretty much done everything that I'd want to consider doing, minus the letter collection and sub missions,w hich I don't have much patience for.

I had the same thought (San Diego) but in reality they are just making sure our hopes of San Fierro and Las Venturas are dashed.

itsfuckingnothing.gif

It's very much something. Don't spread misinformation.

Alienous

Wait really?

This week, we will give you the first chance to build your own content in GTA Online (and play content others have made) with the release of the Deathmatch & Race Creators Beta. With access to some of the same tools as our own game design and development team, you can craft your own custom blood-soaked gunfights, high-octane street races, screaming jet dogfights and more. You’ll also be able to publish your original Deathmatches and Races via the Rockstar Games Social Club for the whole community to discover, download, play, rate and share.

In the link Shinobi linked to.

Top Bottom