• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady (Batman) looking for Unreal Engine 4 experience

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It looks like they're moving on from Unreal Engine 3. They had a bunch of job postings that listed "Unreal Engine 3 or 4", but they just put up a new one that explicitly asks for Unreal Engine 4 experience.

Gamasutra said:
Senior VFX Artist
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff! Reporting to the Lead VFX Artist, the Senior VFX Artist will be responsible for the design and creation of world class visual effects!

Technical Requirements
Excellent knowledge of any real time 3D engine (especially UE4)
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/senior-vfx-artist-london-england-29693

They're also hiring three additional engine programmers, presumably as part of the transition and also because uh, well you know:
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/senior-engine-programmer-optimisation-london-england-29697
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/senior-engine-programmer-core-engine-london-england-29695
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/senior-engine-programmer-rendering-london-england-29696

There's a variety of other jobs that have been coming in over the last day or two, but none of them have any useful information as to what they're actually making outside of "AAA game".

CronoShot

you're a big engine

unreal engine 4 you

oEhVvjZ.gif

Machina

Banned
Sadly for Rocksteady their reputation has suffered greatly as a result of AK PC. They will really have to nail their next game.

Nudull

Banned
It's going to take quite a bit to get me hyped for a Rocksteady game again, especially in the writing department.

Symphonia

Banned
They need to move on from Batman. Arkham Knight kind of proved that the Arkham series has run it's course. Are they signed exclusively to WB/DC? I'd love to see some Marvel licenses given the Rocksteady treatment.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They need to move on from Batman. Arkham Knight kind of proved that the Arkham series has run it's course. Are they signed exclusively to WB/DC? I'd love to see some Marvel licenses given the Rocksteady treatment.
They're directly owned by Warner.

This is why they spend so much on the license actually. It's not a license for Warner and thus they get all the money.

they're owned by WB

ot: there's a lot of dc stuff they could do but i wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to go off in the opposite direction after spending nearly a decade on batman. thinking of all the properties that wb owns but hasn't touched yet, a new harry potter game to line up with that prequel coming out next year could be fun.

Parsnip

Good.
That modified UE3 must have been quite a monster at this point.

As far as I recall, Netherrealm shares that monster, I imagine they are moving to UE4 as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Damn.

In that case, maybe an Arrow game? It could make for a good game, akin to a third-person Mirror's Edge with a crossbow. And with the power of UE4, it could look fucking beautiful.
Netherrealm's job postings were a bit less clear on that front. It's plausible that Injustice 2 is far enough along that it's still on UE3 the way that Warner Montreal's game appears to be.

Damn.

In that case, maybe an Arrow game? It could make for a good game, akin to a third-person Mirror's Edge with a crossbow. And with the power of UE4, it could look fucking beautiful.
When interviewed, they did say that they were planning with Warner and DC what to do next, but I'm guessing it'll be something generally ambitious like the Justice League given the direction they've been going in terms of playable characters.

Banned
How about PC experience? Hire a team of 25-50 in house to port to PC.

Damn.

Only if Stephen Amell voices and motion captures Green Arrow.

kencey

Damn.

I've been dreaming on a Green Arrow game... or Spawn with UE4 engine.
Just dun fuck it up (pc port)

They did say they were done with Batman, right? Anything can change of course. I just hope Rocksteady can make something truy awesome again, cause even though i did not finish AK, it really is not what i was hoping for...so far. And i think i am not the only one.

Skelter

Banned
They're directly owned by Warner.

This is why they spend so much on the license actually. It's not a license for Warner and thus they get all the money.

Who owns Daredevil? I need to see a Daredevil game since I'm just coming off watching the Netflix show.

Rosur

hope this means their next game is UE4 (though starting now probably means they wont swap till the next one)

Top Bottom