• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea the Sky Soldier Confirmed for Western Release

NIS America is handling the localization for both 3DS and Wii U version, retail and digital release. Fall 2015 release for both NA and EU.
Official Website

Rodea-the-Sky-Soldier_2015_02-19-15_018.png
pinfo.png

B-QllDYCIAA5FHh.jpg
Rodea-the-Sky-Soldier_2015_02-19-15_017.jpg
Some of the official screenshots
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/rodea-sky-soldier-coming-west-fall

Developer interview & trailer

Promo music from JP site

As for the Wii version
UPDATE: According to a NIS America representative, the company wants to include the Wii version as a pack-in with the Wii U version (like the Japanese version), but cannot confirm right now.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...r-coming-to-north-america-europe-on-wii-u-3ds

EhoaVash

hm is this wii u's only retail 3rd party release of 2015?

also i want to support this game but man i don't think i'll like it, not a fan of on rails games but i'll probably get it just to put it in my collection

also i want to support this game but man i don't think i'll like it, not a fan of on rails games but i'll probably get it just to put it in my collection

LEGO games.

Looking forward to details on tge Wii U and 3DS version and whether the original Wii game will be included.

Yuji Naka's Last Guardian (in more ways than one; besides the delayed release there's an obvious Colossus rip off in the game). I'll probably pick it up, it's not like there are tons of third party games on Nintendo platforms these days.

Megaton!

I don't know what to really expect from this game, but I've been optimistic for a while.

Didn't I read something about the Wii U game including what was the Wii version? Is that deconfirmed as well, or am I misremembering in the first place?

That's for JP release, and they are in separate discs.

Vena

Cool.

I'll probably pick it up on or around launch for WiiU. My 3DS has too many games as it is already for play. I hope this turns out to be a decent success story for this strange odyssey of a game release.

Well now this is a surprise, though I am sad we're not getting the Wii version too. I would've love to get it as a First Print bonus at least, but oh well, least the game is finally seeing the light of day after originally being finished for years.

...Why would you expect a Wii release in 2015?

I was hoping they would include it in a limited edition bundle for over $60 considering Wii U is backwards compatible. I mean the Just Dance games on Wii U can only be played with Wii Remotes as well.

No it isn't, there's also:

Project CARS
Lego Jurassic Park
Lego Marvel Avengers
Mighty Number 9 ( not sure about this- is it retail or digital?)

I'm not sure what version I will get. I mean, on the one hand, this game seems like it would be awesome to play in 3D. But it also seems like something that I'd rather play on a big screen. Decisions, decisions. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

RM8

Wikipedia said:
For the Wii U version (and presumably the 3DS version), gameplay consists of controlling the game's protagonist, Rodea, by drawing small arcs on the gamepad's touch screen to curve him to his destination.

The Wii version controlls by aiming with the Wii Remote at solid objects and pressing the B button to have Rodea fly in parabolic arcs
I'm not sure I fully understand, lol.

Top Bottom