• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea the Sky Soldier Confirmed for Western Release

I remember being so hyped for this game when it was announced. It just looks so amazing...but man, the Wii version is just so much better in every way.
Just look at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdoekGz9Z8
It's like Nights meets Kid Icarus Uprising where you can take off from the ground and go flying anywhere
edit: here's the box art for the game
B-QllDYCIAA5FHh.jpg

Mikel1015

Banned
One way they can fix this is by making changes to the Wii U version for the west. Remember that Ivy was changed to have more color in the west? Why not with Rodea?

They also need to do a texture swap with the Wii version because they look pretty damn nasty on Wii U. Or at least disable any compression. Weird since Capcom did the same with MH3U where the textures were MUCH higher-res on Wii U than on 3DS.

So fix the color and textures, and make it run in 60fps if it doesn't already, then I say you're good!

Native 1080p also shouldn't be out of the question with such a low polygon count.

Hell, I'd honestly be fine if they just DID IT ALL OVER and just did a west-exclusive port of the Wii version.

That can happen... right? :(

Right!

:(

I remember being so hyped for this game when it was announced. It just looks so amazing...but man, the Wii version is just so much better in every way.
Just look at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdoekGz9Z8
It's like Nights meets Kid Icarus Uprising where you can take off from the ground and go flying anywhere
edit: here's the box art for the game

They used the same boxart for both WIi U & 3DS version, while there's a slight different for JP release. Wii version has totally different boxart though

I hope they do it, but I would be completely fine with a download code for eShop as well.

Would love this but I'm not sure Nintendo will even open the Wii game downloads up to third-parties.

Which makes the situation with Pandora's Tower in NA interesting as that game was published by Xseed.

Beautiful :)

So, guys, does his game have lots of voice acting? Would it be worth importing the jp version IF there's no alternate dub in the US release?

Lijik

Glad its coming to the west.
wont cancel my import until its solid that they're bringing the wii version over though, thats the version im interested in the most.

Nanashrew

Banned
Would love this but I'm not sure Nintendo will even open the Wii game downloads up to third-parties.

Which makes the situation with Pandora's Tower in NA interesting as that game was published by Xseed.

I think Nintendo would open it up to 3rd parties just like VC. They just have the issue of 3rd parties not getting on-board to release their old games digitally on the Wii U.

So glad they didn't pick the JP Wii U boxart lol

So, guys, does his game have lots of voice acting? Would it be worth importing the jp version IF there's no alternate dub in the US release?
I think the voice acting is only for story cutscene. Not 100% sure though
wont cancel my import until its solid that they're bringing the wii version over though, thats the version im interested in the most.

Yeah me too.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'll just hope the Wii version isn't another Type-0 fiasco. At least pack it in with the Wii U version!

Converse

Banned
Excellent. Another peg for the Wii U lineup this year, which is already an interesting bunch to begin with. Good on NIS, good on Yuji Naka, and good on that box art.

Seems there's definitely cutscenes and voice acting. I posted the trailer on the last page. I don't think it's worth importing over a dub. Especially as it looks there seems to be only two speaking characters.

Edit: Okay more than two.

rodea-boxart-wii.jpg

Was planning to import too but now I feel like getting the Wii version separately used in good condition won't be too much of a problem and won't cost me more than the limited edition.

I'll hold out hope NIS release a limited edition bundle for more than $60. I think quite a few people would want as well as some scalpers.

terrisus

Darn, I forgot this thing even existed, since I figured there was no chance that we were getting it over here.

Day 1

and yes, I'd buy a Wii/Wii U version at a premium. All they'd throw in an art book and CD and I'll pay whatever they want for it.

(I'm a sucker for a good bundle)

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know the game a few hours ago, and now it's my most anticipated 3DS title. Will pre-order it first chance I get.

Tizoc

As i wish to one day own a us wii u ill get the us ver but i do hope they can get the wii ver. Released too.
How is the 3ds ver of the game?

Tuck

Hopefully the 3DS looks solid, because I can tolerate those graphics on a small screen (and in 3D too!), but on a Wii U its gonna look ugly as fuck.

Game does look neat though.

@MUWANdo

Banned
As i wish to one day own a us wii u ill get the us ver but i do hope they can get the wii ver. Released too.
How is the 3ds ver of the game?

Everything I've heard from people who played the demo say the 3DS version has performance issues.

BBboy20

1419431510-rodea-the-sky-soldier-wii-u.jpg
1419431509-rodea-the-sky-soldier-wii.jpg
1419431509-rodea-the-sky-soldier-3ds.jpg

I never heard of this game until I saw those box arts months ago. Makes me want to buy all 3 versions just to support this awesome idea.

I will definitely get this if it includes the Wii version. I mean, I payed almost full price for Sonic Lost World, and I doubt this can be any worse.

Zubz

Banned
I just assumed we were never going to see Rodea over here by this point; I'm kinda glad to be proven wrong!

Top Bottom