• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy 2 Early Access Trailer - Early Access On July 23rd, Coming to Steam / EGS!

MiguelItUp

New Rogue Legacy 2 Early Access trailer just dropped! The previous game was fantastic, and I'd highly recommend it! Check it out! :D

"Fight, die, and live on through your children. Rogue Legacy 2, the original "genealogical rogue-lite" is back and in a big way. Leave your mark on both the Steam and Epic Early Access platforms on July 23, 2020 and help us make the best game we can. "

Played the first until I reached the final boss. Did 2 tries and was like "ah ok I get it" and never touched it again.

Great arcady game.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Looks like they've got some kind of class system in there? I see an archer and a knight. I don't remember that being a thing in the original, but it's been years since I played it.

Rikkori

I take back what I said, I like the art overall, the environmental art is good but the style they have for faces still disgusts me.

BlakeofT

Very excited for this. I rarely buy new games these days because of my backlog, buy I might have to make an exception for this one.

Edit: BTW it comes out today.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

what happened to the graphics? This is a downgrade compared to the first one
Really? I don't think so at all. It IS in Early Access though, so that probably has something to do with it. Also, the entire game is rendered in 3D using UE4 and made 2D AFAIK. Whereas I believe the previous game's art was. Could be something else as well.

Personally the game looks more empty than the previous one, but I chalked that up as me maybe not remembering things the best, or because it's Early Access. 🤷‍♂️

All in all I loved the previous game, so I'm sure I will here as well. But with it being Early Access I'm wondering if I should just wait for actual release or not.

Top Bottom