• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roommates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtisaur

Forum Landmine
Oooh what a fucking tough guy. Assault and battery and jail time over cottage cheese. You're super cool. Grow the fuck up and cut the "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" Incredible Hulk bullshit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh, okay. If someone read that note and because of the part in brackets, decided to not take the note seriously and willfully disrespect me and my items, I would fucking hospitalize them. I'm 6'6" and 250 lbs and during the extremely, extremely infrequent event that I get really angry, no one ever fucks with me. Groups of people don't fuck with me. No one does.

Ever.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

But no, I agree with you.

Macattk15

Oh, okay. If someone read that note and because of the part in brackets, decided to not take the note seriously and willfully disrespect me and my items, I would fucking hospitalize them. I'm 6'6" and 250 lbs and during the extremely, extremely infrequent event that I get really angry, no one ever fucks with me. Groups of people don't fuck with me. No one does.

Ever.

My roommates are not home and I need to fucking vent.

620px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Axalon

I think the people who aren't sympathetic with Timedog are probably the sort of roommate that does the stuff Timedog is complaining about, or were simply (somehow, magically) never in that situation.

Also, the OT and interpersonal issues threads tend to ignite the alpha male posturing response.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Ever.
uh huh.

You planning on getting over puberty sometime soon, tough guy?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think the people who aren't sympathetic with Timedog are probably the sort of roommate that does the stuff Timedog is complaining about, or were simply never in that situation.

There's people that gave their opinion on the matter in a calm, rational way, like this...

Passive aggressive notes, regardless of their truthfulness, make a share house even more volatile to live in. I suggest you bring up the topic in person. If you don't, well, good luck.

But most of the replies have been people getting mad at me, despite me doing nothing wrong, and replying in a passive-aggressive, dickheaded way. You don't get to call me a dickhead while being a dickhead. That doesn't work.

FStop7

Banned
I know your frustration, I have been annoyed like that and I have also been the bad roommate, too. You gotta talk it out, though. Leaving notes will just escalate shit. Also are you all in equally or does someone have veto power in terms of evicting people?

I don't have a shared fridge because my room is disgustingly tiny. I'm moving into a one bedroom apt in a month and a half anyway, so it won't be such a problem.

Well in that case then don't even bother, it's just a few more weeks. Ride it out.

squidyj

you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

yep.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of angry dudes, they're generally a real downer.

Seems that you need to be more proactive about this sort of stuff if it bothers you this much though. Leaving it until you're angry enough for facepunching doesn't seem like the best strategy in the world. Actually it seems like a strategy that leads to a lot of unnecessary face punching.

Curtisaur

Forum Landmine
you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Typical "hur I'm a big guy nobody wants to fuck with me" rageaholic moron that needs a reality check. Until you get one, and depending on how you take it thereafter, you're just simply humorous no matter what mood you're in.

IceCold

Put laxative in some of your food (remember which!). Then remove all of the toilet paper from the bathroom and clog the toilet.

Then you wait.

Is Timedog really this angry? I bet he is subtly trolling everyone with pseudo anger.

Do you know how infuriating it is to pay for food that you plan on enjoying later just to find it's been eaten by an inconsiderate dickhead?

While a note isn't necessarily the best first course of action, Timedog is clearly not the asshole in this situation. You shouldn't have to explain to someone that you don't appreciate being stolen from.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I think the people who aren't sympathetic with Timedog are probably the sort of roommate that does the stuff Timedog is complaining about, or were simply never in that situation.

Also, the OT and interpersonal issues threads tend to ignite the alpha male posturing response.

The dude wrote a note because he's apparently incapable of confronting his roommates in person.
I don't really mind the act of writing a note, but acting like you're some kind of alpha hardass because of it is quite hilarious.

LProtag

Do you know how infuriating it is to pay for food that you plan on enjoying later just to find it's been eaten by an inconsiderate dickhead?

While a note isn't necessarily the best first course of action, Timedog is clearly not the asshole in this situation. You shouldn't have to explain to someone that you don't appreciate being stolen from.

I think it's more to do with how he's presented himself and is dealing with the criticism that people are talking about in this thread.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
uh huh.

You planning on getting over puberty sometime soon, tough guy?

If getting over puberty is having thousands of posts in My Little Pony threads and watching a fuckload of Moe, then no, I'm not getting over puberty soon.

darthbob

I know it's been posted already, but as someone who lives with 3 other roommates, why not just talk with them?

This seems to work well at least in my situation.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

I understand being upset over stolwn food, but he seems to be getting even more upset over replies. I'd just ignore all the assholish replies.

squidyj

I think it's more to do with how he's presented himself and is dealing with the criticism that people are talking about in this thread.

I'm actually having a hard time understanding Timedog's behaviour... unless, of course, they ate his pizza, in which case it all makes sense.

still convinced timedog is trolling

pargonta

i did something similar back in college. my dorm roommate always changed the heater knob, and one night i just wrote a big "No" and taped the note to the knob. was rudely awakened the next morning by a "wtf is this note fuckerrrr"

that was.. not fun. he moved out after the semester and I got a new roommate though, but that came with different baggage. ah dorms.

Jesus, why are you even replying Timedog? It's like you just want to enable people.

As for actual food things, I've been pretty lucky with roommates. Except for those fuckers who touched my brownies and never said a word.
Even taking things and replacing them the next day isn't so bad (as long you tell the person asap).

Man

Moving in with some women this coming week.
Any experiences with non-romantic female housemates? In my minds eye this could lead to good things as they will bring more of their kind into our home.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Typical "hur I'm a big guy nobody wants to fuck with me" rageaholic moron that needs a reality check. Until you get one, and depending on how you take it thereafter, you're just simply humorous no matter what mood you're in.
What reality check do I need? I am a huge guy and no one ever fucks with me.

Ex-act-ly.

The dude wrote a note because he's apparently incapable of confronting his roommates in person.
I don't really mind the act of writing a note, but acting like you're some kind of alpha hardass because of it is quite hilarious.
Like I said, I was pissed and I needed to vent somehow. I'm not an alpha hardass because of the note. I'm an alpha hardass because I'll fuck some shit up if and when I need to.

Axalon

Well, a lot of that criticism consisted of ad hominem attacks rather than making the (correct) point stating that leaving a strongly worded note on the fridge won't do anything productive.

I'm sticking with my theory that Timedog is not really this angry and is just fucking with people.

Probably just a case of emotions on the Internet coming off stronger than they really are.

I don't think the OP is going far enough.

He needs to hide near the fridge, catch them red handed and then kick them in the balls and/or vagina. When they're on the ground wailing with tears streaming from their eyes, you muffle the whimpers by shoving the very food they seemed so desperate for down their gullets. I promise they'll never try to take your food again.

MC Safety

Living with inconsiderate roommates is an experience common to most college students.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm sticking with my theory that Timedog is not really this angry and is just fucking with people.

I'm not even that pissed, but if people are gonna type dickhead responses at me when I haven't done anything wrong, I'm gonna type dickhead responses back.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
All I can say is.... I didn't expect your name to be Eric. Nothing wrong with it, I know a lot of Eric's, but it just doesn't feel right. Iunno.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
All I can say is.... I didn't expect your name to be Eric. Nothing wrong with it, I know a lot of Eric's, but it just doesn't feel right. Iunno.

I don't like it either. My parent's obviously didn't forsee my gloriousness. I've told women at bars that my name is Fabricio.

Cranzor

What kind of food do they steal? If they stole your burritos, nachos, or chimichangas then you would have nothing to sing about in the shower.

I'm not even that pissed, but if people are gonna type dickhead responses at me when I haven't done anything wrong, I'm gonna type dickhead responses back.

The note you wrote is full of dickhead, even if you didn't put it up. Don't be surprised by dickhead responses.

Poyunch

My roommates do this sort of stuff all the time.

People have complained numerous times that no one takes out the trash but they complain and don't actually do anything about it. One of my roommies was like "Yeah I use the trash can but when it gets too full I just stop using it, haha." He laughs it off but then never takes it out. I was so tired of it that for a while I just stopped using the trash can because I got tired of being the only one who threw it out. Then the house just started smelling terrible and I checked and saw the trash can was full. So I take it out spray some Lysol and I get thumbs up from the guy knowing full well that he was still using the trashcan but he refused to throw it out even though it smelled like shit.

Now I just throw it out because I'm tired of these guys never doing anything about it.

Next, are the people who use my pots and pans without asking me. I'm totally cool if you want to use them but at least ask me first. They've heard me rant about it to myself yet they still did it and most times they leave the pan used and unwashed. Now I just hide my pans in my closet now. Jesus.

Ironically, these aren't the worst roommates I've had before.

My roommates do this sort of stuff all the time.

People have complained numerous times that no one takes out the trash but they complain and don't actually do anything about it. One of my roommies was like "Yeah I use the trash can but when it gets too full I just stop using it, haha." He laughs it off but then never takes it out. I was so tired of it that for a while I just stopped using the trash can because I got tired of being the only one who threw it out. Then the house just started smelling terrible and I checked and saw the trash can was full. So I take it out spray some Lysol and I get thumbs up from the guy knowing full well that he was still using the trashcan but he refused to throw it out even though it smelled like shit.

Now I just throw it out because I'm tired of these guys never doing anything about it.

Next, are the people who use my pots and pans without asking me. I'm totally cool if you want to use them but at least ask me first. They've heard me rant about it to myself yet they still did it and most times they leave the pan used and unwashed. Now I just hide my pans in my closet now. Jesus.

Ironically, these aren't the worst roommates I've had before.

They don't even wash them? Ugh.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The note you wrote is full of dickhead, even if you didn't put it up. Don't be surprised by dickhead responses.

Yeah, so dickheaded that I left a clause in there that they might be able to eat some of my food if they ask me. So dickheaded.

If you went to the bathroom at Burger King and some dude ate your food while you were gone, would saying "ask next time or i'm gonna get really fucking pissed" really be that dickheaded of a response? Nope. That would be fucking measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom