• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Film (Nintendo Switch/ PS4) A Hidden Gem of the year (Visual Novel)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

PQube and developer Kadokawa Games are excited to announce that Root Film is coming to Europe and North-America! The mystery visual novel takes players back to Shimane prefecture, the location of the award-winning Root Letter, entangling them in a new, thrilling murder story. Root Film is about a TV series, called "Shimane Mystery Drama Project”, which was cancelled for an unknown reason 10 years ago.

To reboot the project, three teams consisting of a director and an actress have been cast, including 23 year old Rintaro Yagumo, the main character of this story.

rootfilm.jpg

His excitement about this amazing opportunity is quickly curbed, when a horrible murder interrupts their location scouting process.

Follow him and a cast of unique and memorable characters as they are drawn deeper into the thrilling mystery of Root Film.

The writer of the game is Hifumi Kono who directed the first titles in the Clock Tower games...

The game have elements similar of Ace of attorney

rootfilm.jpg

The game is interesting and I was waiting almost 2 years for it to arrive in America and Europe

Last edited:

ranmafan

I’ve been wanting to play this for a while now. I liked root letter even though it’s not at the level of games like Steins;gate or 428, so I want to see what they do with this title. Also loved the Shimane location. Makes me want to take a trip down there sometime in the future when this pandemic is over.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Looks great, I've been back into VN after years of not playing them, but AI The Somnium Files and 428 Shibuya made me want more.

Ordered Root Letter Limited Edition for €29.99 just now. Also have YU-NO for PS4 in the backlog.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
How interactive is this? Do you actually get to work out, explore, solve the mysteries, or does it run more on auto-pilot through essentially predetermined dialogue trees?

Heimdall_Xtreme

How interactive is this? Do you actually get to work out, explore, solve the mysteries, or does it run more on auto-pilot through essentially predetermined dialogue trees?

I just bought it, I looked for the offer a lot, there was a promotion of $ 30 dollars, in the ps4 version.

It's a shame for me because I wanted the Nintendo Switch version, but given the price difference I opted for the PS4 version, I hope to advance to the game and clarify the mechanics of the game, although I bet it is only Visual Novel.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Lately this title is starting to be scarce and because the company , it is going to be one of the hard to get games with volatile price.

I think that if the price drops below 35$ Dollars, I recommend that you get it.

But it also depends on your taste.

The point is that because of the culture to reading, it is a genre that not many like and that is why it drops quickly in price, but because of the story it's a good game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom