• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round 2 of Round 2 Official Democrat Debate thread Get your tickets to the LMAOest show on earth! (Debate thread 7/31/19)

(Predictions) Who will win?

• Total voters

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
It's nuts that somehow the debates keep getting worse, it's basically a line chart going straight up with no obstruction. I wonder if they will debate killing babies after birth at the next one at this point.

Oct 26, 2018
Finally, economy questions.

Edit.... as I type, Castro is BSing his answer about his higher tax proposal.

He'll avoid answering this question.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Sure. Just know that Yang is lying to you.

Under Pres. Trump, food stamp use is declining. The jobless rate is falling. Wages are growing faster than inflation. Pres. Trump has done a pretty good job.

If what Yang was telling you was true, then the economy would be growing dramatically faster because it's more productive. Easily growth over 4%. Correspondingly, stock prices and after-tax corporate profits would be even higher. The American people would be doing even better if robots were as good as he claims. It's snake oil that he using as an excuse to gut your benefits.
ja, that's been my general feeling as the years have passed

i like yang but his numbers are dopey as fuck

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Sure. Just know that Yang is lying to you.

Under Pres. Trump, food stamp use is declining. The jobless rate is falling. Wages are growing faster than inflation. Pres. Trump has done a pretty good job.

If what Yang was telling you was true, then the economy would be growing dramatically faster because it's more productive. Easily growth over 4%. Correspondingly, stock prices and after-tax corporate profits would be even higher. The American people would be doing even better if robots were as good as he claims. It's snake oil that he using as an excuse to gut your benefits.
Yeah we should just wait until things get to far gone to fix. He has vision. More so than any other candidate. I would love to see how a UBI would effect America if only for 4 years. Are you so scared of that?

finowns

May 10, 2009
He thanked Obama. LOLLL. They said when Trump became President the economy would be over. Lies.

Ya Tulsi but what are you going to *do* to deal with China?

edit - China would look at that *environmental protection* and be like nahh.

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
Give the middle class their hard earned wages stop taxing them and their income will grow, obviously.

OMGGGG THE WAGE GAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
A Democrat signed NAFTA. These people don't care about trade or manufacturing, much less the people who had those jobs. Hey guys, let's flood our country with illegals, but we totally care about the working class lol.

finowns

May 10, 2009
How bout instead of giving $1000 from the government just let them keep more of their money that the government redistributes.

Harris is a nut.

Last edited:

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Yang says giving women UBI will give them freedom and fix the systemic sexism.

Except they still work for the company that they claim is sexist so uh... mission accomplished? lol.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
Just someone say the wage gap story is a myth! Just one dem! Speak truth!

You lose some wackos, but lying about this question is unelectable.

Reactions: danielberg

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
China deal gets done after Trump is re-elected. They aren't going to sign a deal now if they could just wait him out while one of these soft fucks let them walk over you again. It would have probably gotten done earlier without all the impeachment hysterics. Political instability doesn't aid these negotiations.

MastAndo

Oct 13, 2014
So the topics are going from a joblessness/economic crisis under Trump to our gender wage gap - what fantasy situation will they address next?

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
To a resetera guy or an radical lefty it will seem like Biden is getting grilled.

But in reality Biden is actually holding well and likely have moderates and independents leaning toward him.

Reactions: Thelonelykoopa
Oct 26, 2018
I think Trump right now is sitting n a Lazyboy with a Budweiser laughing at all these fools arguing with another and Bidens's policies from decades ago.

I can't wait for his tweets.

At least yesterday's debate had people gabbing about more topics.

Today's debate is all about Joe B.

lol

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The DNC/Tom Perez probably wishing they hadn't changed the super delegate rules. I don't think this second debate is going to hurt Biden and help Harris/Warren as much as they wish it did.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Tulsi, with the leadership. She comes off so well. Love her replies.

Oh shit Yang talking military? … Not too bad. Needs to stop bringing up Trump.

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
Yang.. I just don't believe him. He's like a salesman that falls back on popular rhetoric.

Oct 26, 2018
For a second when Yang ended with a bit about using resources at home, I thought he was going to plug $1000 at the end, but he didn't.

I admit it. I guessed wrong.

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
Impeachment is deeply unpopular with most voters. Twitter stupidity is destroying this party.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
I'm not saying my important points are the most important ever, but if I was an American voting, I think I've heard 4 sentences total about important things to me like education and building job skills so people can hopefully try digging themselves out of a hole first before gov dole outs.

Half this debate is Joe B's 20 year old policies and Trump.

Reactions: TrainedRage

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
...yeah impeach Trump.
Forget about the people who want things done for the places they live in.

Last edited: